Zico Vs Rivaldo Vs Ronaldinho

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by arun10, Jul 2, 2006.

1. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    ZICO = LEGEND

RIVALDO = GREAT

RONALDINHO = PIECE OF SHIT.

Who do you think will do some justice to ths No-10 jeresey ? I will be pissed of if i see Ronaldinho wear that jersey again

2. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    Zidane had one good game with Ribery, Vieira and Henry on he's team and now he's better than Ronaldinho.

Ronaldinho has proved in La Liga (same league where Zidane plays) for more than a year that he's much better than Zidane.

One game is not going to change that.

3. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    Rivaldo is great as he won a World Cup for us unlike Zico

4. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    I still stand by my judgement Rivaldo should of went to this World cup. Certainly over Adriano who lets be honest didn't do much..

I find it dis-tasteful how soo many brazilians give Ronaldo the credit for 02 when it was Rivaldo the forgotten legend, who assisted the team and made the goals. And even scored a few vital ones like the goal against England.

5. fullgore

fullgore New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Canada
    He’s not a piece of shit. Yes, he’s overrated and he hasn’t really showed up in a big game in a while it seems (CL final as well as any WC game, really), but he’s one of the most talented players in the game.

As far as Rivaldo goes, I think if he had made better career choices he could have been a legend as well.
    Oh wow, Ronaldinho has been better than an over-the-hill Zidane in his last two seasons in La Liga! That must automatically make him the better player by a long shot, right? Don’t forget that Zidane was great for Juventus and scored one of the most amazing goals ever in the CL final. He also played a big part in eliminating Brazil in two of the last three World Cups. Like him or not, so far in his career he’s accomplished more than Ronaldinho.

Perhaps Rivaldo should have been in Brazil’s squad, yeah, but who’s to say for sure that he would have made a difference?

I agree about 2002, by the way. In my mind, he was the player of the tournament and not Kahn. But Ronaldo does deserve some credit for taking his chances well at the very least.

6. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    first of all Ronaldinho is being triple teamed everytime he touches the ball

that is why in big games he fales to produce. Hey you try to play football with 5 players surrounding you at all times.

7. F.L.I.P.

F.L.I.P. Member

Apr 26, 2005
    you sir, are a f***** IDIOT

Rana catesbeiana repped this.
  8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Who was the player that pretty much single handidly beat England in 2002 ? Probably our toughest match offensively in 02. Who gave a perfect ball to Rivaldo in the first goal against Belgium ? Who put Ronaldo twice in front of the goal in the final against Germany only to see him shoot at Kahn and shoot wide ?

And what did EVERYBODY think about Rivaldo after the 98 fiasco ? Rivaldo only got some love in the NT after 02. He was a villain every year before it. How short our memories are ...

9. Alexander88

Alexander88 Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
  10. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Not sure about your language (!) but yes legend and great, and RG under achieved. Zico arguably the greatest player not to win a World Cup? (other than the prince of volantes CEREZO, of course)

11. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    As Zagallo said "one good game" - and that was his. One out of 95 is not bad is it,.........

The dummy/step over on Cole was brilliant (for Rivaldo's goal). Makes it even a bigger crime he walks in midfield these days and wants to improve his statistics with penalty goals!

12. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    If you can;t see the way this bloke has declined to what he is now, you are either blind or biased or know very little about futebol.

13. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

5 playea! Like something out of a kid's comic. No team is going to put 5 on one player!

14. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Yes, Parreira never seemed to fancy him (leaving him out in 1994 also)

15. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Felipao gave him credit by saying h was our best in 2002 I believe. Thank Deus they were both there - we would not have won without them (stating the obvious)

16. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Actually, someone (Felipao) should stick a DVD of the England 2002 game under RG's nose and say "This is what you used to do. If you can't do it now fu?k off!"

17. the_professor

the_professor New Member

Jan 28, 2013
    any body who call ronaldinho piece of shit must be retarded or just started to watch football 6 months ago. do yourself a favor go youtube some games and educate yourself instead of posting carbage. you might want to start in 1999 brazil vs venezuela

18. the_professor

the_professor New Member

Jan 28, 2013
    the problem is you guys are looking for a savior not a collective effort or system that works. ronaldinho with his age will not provide that. he passed his prime at 33. if anything young bucks like neymar and lucas should be that savior. but ronaldinho is still one of the best midfield in the world period. we need to start playing like a team. i believe the 11 chosen players are good enough to put us back as long as the system is good. let's start bashing people after a couple of games. now it is too soon. i was not expecting any thing good from that friendly because of lack of fitness, chemistry and lack of training time. im worried more about dani alves and adriano being our left back. for two years they have proven they cannot handle the job

19. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Why? because you have an UGLY taste of foot ball to say so ...
    Up to quarter final, Rivaldo won as best player in 2002 (bth had 5goals+1ass/5games BTW)
    However as usual he was missing in action in big games and Ronaldo stepped up (3goals/2 most important games) to win the WC for Brazil PERIOD

Without Ronaldo, Brazil might exit in semi or could not win in final! Remember the same in WC98, Rivaldo did NOTHING from semi to final games !

=============================================
    Back to thread ...

Zico > Rivaldo >= Ronaldinho

20. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Wrong. I am not looking for a saviour. I am looking for a guy blessed with talent who can still impact a game for Brazil - he won't do that standing in midfield and generally playing with little or no mobility. Enough of him in the yellow please.

21. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Ronaldinho > Zico > Rivaldo

22. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Ugly taste in football??? Dont you dare offend me, Rivaldo had arguably a unique style and class unrivaled, from his free kick stance, to the awesome rabona's he became famous for.

You can hate on me all you want, but rivaldo mattered more then ronaldo at that wc. He provided a dummy and a rebounded shot assist in separate games for r9, that do not officially count as assists. He was more influential , take nothing away from ronaldo ethier, Brazil would not of won without ronaldo.

With 34 goals in just over 70 games and a wc, Rivaldo is much more then a great, he's a legend.

23. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Agree that Rivaldo was a special player - a great soloist from midfield.
    I meant your 'taste" = rating WC performance is ugly! No matter how you love Rivaldo, a guy who scored 8goals including 3 winning goals in teh last two most important games (semi and final) should be rated higher the guy with 5goals and doing not much in last 2 games!

Like it or not, Most list had Ronaldo in TOP10 best performers at WC level, and his WC2002 was surely higher than Rivaldo - that's FACT.

I like Rivaldo and so I rated him betetr than Ronaldinho - even many out there do not think the same!

24. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Rivaldo got a lot of unfair criticism from Brazil fans. Rivaldo was on the team of the tournament in World Cup 98, and 02 and Copa America 99. In two of the those 3 tournaments you could argue Rivaldo was Brazil best player. Rivaldo didn't show up in big games is a lie cause the goals Ronaldo was scoring most of the time came from a direct or indirect assist from Rivaldo. Rivaldo was responsible for both Ronaldo goals v Germany. Rivaldo was the one to assist Ronaldo vs Holland. It was Rivaldo that scored the game winner was Denmark.

25. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Zico is the superior one. Even his run in Italy was better than Rivaldo and Ronaldinho combined