Zico to call-up Europe-based players

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by BrianCappellieri, Sep 5, 2002.

1. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    SoccerNet

2. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    How good is Jamaica? Do they really "need" the European-based players?

3. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    That's not the point.

This is a friendly match and the result is meaningless. In the article it says that Zico is looking to keep the World Cup squad together as much as possible.

4. i wanna see the new formation with current full squad but one game is definately not enough to make a judgement.

5. Brunssen

Brunssen New Member

Jun 3, 2000
    I think Jamaicas' full national team is quite good. they have some wonderful technical players, many that play abroad in MLS and Europe. If they bring their full National team Japan might deem the result an upset. fitness will pay the decider

6. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Jamaica's no pushover but I wouldn't go that far. Japan has improved dramatically since 1990 while the Reggae Boyz have gone in the opposite direction.

Five players who will be called back to Japan are:
    H. Nakata (Parma)
    Ono (Feyenoord)
    Inamoto (Fulham)
    Suzuki (Genk)
    Nakamura (Reggina)
    Kawaguchi (Portsmouth) will not be called back as he is not expected to play.

These give players will also be back for the Argentina match on November 20.

Fulham aren't happy about the Inamoto call up since they have to play Manchester United on 10/19, so there's a chance he won't be fit.

7. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Feyenoord have some important games and Ono seems to have a tight schedule. Is he coming back to Japan for this game?

8. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    According to Zico, he is.

Feyenoord plays at Vitesse on the 19th, 3 days after the Jamaica match, then travels to Dynamo Kiev on the 23rd for a Champion's League match.