Ze Roberto to Galaxy?

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by RedzFan31, Apr 3, 2008.

1. RedzFan31

RedzFan31 New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    NYC
    Anyone else hear this today on the UEFA Cup broadcast of Bayern and Getafe? Announcer called attention to it at one point after Ze Roberto played the ball, said he was "linked" to a move to the superclub (no snickering). Could it be a bad mlsrumors.com production or does anyone think there's weight to it? Ok you speculation hounds, have at it...

2. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Well it's either there or Red Bulls, seeing as how foreigners know of only two US cities.

3. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard this rumor a month or two ago. He plans to stay with Bayern through the 2008/2009 season and come here when his contract expires.

4. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will he still be effective enough then? He'll be around 35 won't he? I'm sure he'll still be good enough to be decent, but should the MLS really go after him?

5. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was my understanding also. A while back Kikker online had an article on him and I think he really wants to come to the USA.
    With LA and the Bulls loaded on DP's, It'll be hard to accomodate him without some transfers or contract buyouts.

I don't get the attraction to the west and east coast ?? :(
    There is a third coast, in case these people have forgotten or can't read a map. It is the Gulf Coast. Maybe Houston could acccomodate a talent such as his. And our DP spot ,as of today, is open.:)

6. FansOnline

FansOnline New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    how old is ze roberto now? i remember him in that leverkusen team that ballack came through with in about 2001

7. austinwetherby

austinwetherby New Member

Dec 22, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He'll be 35 when he comes over, if! and he will still be one of the best players in the league, only MLS fans dont want players over 30, ok whos the top paid players in MLS, o yeah there all over 30. age doesnt matter. howe played hockey till he was 71

8. Vasco

Vasco New Member

Jun 8, 2003
    RIO
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    who will be able to afford him

9. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Youri did fine when he came at the twilight of his career :) as long as he has the right attitude then he will be fine, our youngsters can learn so much from the vets.