Ze Castro thread [R] Big International offers on the way

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Liverpool making a offer for Ze Castro our U21 portuguese central defender, he can be taken at the end of the season at zero cost
    Parma and Marselha also on the run, but look out for the top portuguese teams to also make a offer
    http://www.ojogo.pt/21-316/Artigo521620.htm

2. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He's also being looked at by Liverpool.

3. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    If you read Franks first post you would have noticed that he mentioned that in his first phrase.

4. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    He deserves it he has played really well. He reminds me a lot of Ricardo Carvelho. i think he can be the next great Portuguese Center Back

5. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I would prefer that he stay in Portugal for a little longer. I don't want another young player leaving to only come back after half a season...

He would be better off playing on one of the big 3 so he can taste what it is like to play with pressure...

Believe me when you play for Academica there is no expectations and no pressure...these teams are looking to finish mid table it is a totally different experience when you play for a team that has as it's objectives to win every competition they are entered in...

6. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Academica doing it all it can to sell this three players, Ze Castro, Filipe Teixeira, Marcel, before the end of January or they will lose 6.5 million euros, because they could leave at cost zero at the end of the season

http://www.record.pt/noticia.asp?id=692907&idCanal=7

Remember the cost of the Academica team for this season is over 11 million euros, over 12 million dollars, that's a lot of money

7. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Must have overlooked that first word the first time around, my fault.

(look at that, it's not that hard)

8. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I make more mistakes then President Bush :D so its only natural

9. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    we need him at Porto...Pepe is junk...send us Ricardo Carvalho's clone

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    would be a good move by any of the top 3 teams in Portugal, but his going to cost a lot money at this moment, I don't see Academica let him go for less then 3 million euros, only time will tell
    at the end of the season will be cost zero.

at least know they will get something in return, the President his due to arrive at any minute from Brasil, probably looking for replacements.

11. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ze Castro said alread that he doesn't want to play for a big three and that he wants to go abroad right-away, which IMO is a mistake, but let's see how it goes.

12. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    really, thats kind of Interesting...
    I didn't know Ze Castro was that good. Does anyone know if he would be able to secure a starting spot at Liverpool?

13. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    lol...clone. He does look like him a little bit, but Castro has a darker skin complexion.....or it might be that he still has his tan playing in Portugal while Carvalho is always under the rain.lol

14. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Ze Castro his like Nuno Gomes, a ladies men, but a helluva a good player, by the way Tiago sold more jerseys at Chelsea then Ferreira and Carvalho together.

his going to starter on any team and sell a lot of jerseys.

http://www.academica-oaf.pt/index.php?id=14&param=353&target=aacplayer

his got be close to 100 caps with all the games he played on the portuguese youth teams.

Like most of the portuguese players he speaks a bunch of languages.

15. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  16. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He is another player whose head has gotten immense without him doing a thing...

He should have a conversation with Simao, Viana, Quaresma, Dani...etc...

as an example Figo left for Barcelona when he was 23...

17. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Amazing how you picked guys that have left Sporting to make a point. The only point i see is how bitter you are.

18. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You should think before you spew hatred...

My point was that they all left before the age of 20...with the exception of Ronaldo not many make it...

Look at Boa Morte...he left early for Arsenal and never made it with them...though he has had success of late it has been with mid table EPL teams...it took him a while to get to the NT as well...

19. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Me??? Spewing hatred????? No, don't think that way, i just get all giddy when i read your amazing post in the Benfica forum.

Then i wonder in this thread, which by the way, could easily be in the Sporting forum, since you guys wanted him bad, but because he has decided that he rather play abroad than for Sporting, he is not smart anymore and to big for his own good.

I actually think he is rather smart.

20. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It would be a good idea if he came to Sporting.

Hes still very young, as has already been pointing out by JuveleoRules when a young Portuguese player leaves Portugal at a early age, most of them struggle (more often than not).

Before someone says I am just saying that because I like Sporting, IMO for his own sake he would be better off in any big Portuguese club like Benfica or Porto. Just due to past precedents, but if Ze Castro does go abroad- I will be hoping he does well.

21. ronnie86

ronnie86 New Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Im biased but i hope that Ze castro comes to Porto but atleast he should stay in portugal

22. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    He is young, but not as young as you guys make it seem. He is already 22, and although I agree that he should take a shot at the big Portuguese teams before going abroad, he has a reasonable amount of experience behind him and has participated in big games throughout his NT career.

23. golmirivan

golmirivan New Member

Dec 28, 2001
    east brunswick
    22 for a center defender is the right age to make a move to a top team, by far one of the best central defenders in the portuguese league.

24. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Academica tied with Maritimo 2-2

here is Academica curreculum

http://www.academica-oaf.pt/?id=54

Títulos e Classificações Importantes

- Vencedora da Taça de Portugal 1938/39 (Benfica 4-3);
    - Finalista vencida da Taça de Portugal em 1950/51 (Benfica, 1-5), 1966/67 (V. Setúbal, 2-3), 1968/69 (Benfica, 1-2);
    - Vice-campeã nacional em 1966/67;
    - Participou nas competições europeias em 1968/69, 1969/70 e 1971/72;
    - Campeã da II Divisão nacional 1948/49 e 1972/73.

Competições Europeias

- 1 presença na Taça das Taças e 2 presenças na Taça UEFA
    - quartos-de-final da Taça das Taças 1969/70,
    eliminou o Pallos (Finlândia), e o Magdeburgo (Alemanha, Ex RDA), tendo sido eliminada pelo Manchester City, (Inglaterra);
    - primeira eliminatória da Taça UEFA em 1968/69,
    eliminada pelo Olympique de Lyon, (França);
    - primeira eliminatória da Taça UEFA em 1968/69,
    e 1971/72 eliminada pelo Wolverhampton, (Inglaterra) .

NOTA: Entre 1974/75 e 1983/84 a A.A.C participou nas provas nacionais com Clube Académico de Coimbra.

Campeonatos Nacionais

- 46 presenças na Primeira Divisão (também designada de I Liga e Superliga). Seis destas épocas foram disputadas como Clube Académico de Coimbra;
    - 17 presença na Liga e Campeonato de Portugal;
    - 17 presenças na II Divisão de Honra (também designada II Liga) e II Divisão zona centro (quatro épocas como C.A.C.).

Taça de Portugal

61 participações na Taça de Portugal (dez épocas como C.A.C.).
    Finais:

- Vencedora da Taça de Portugal 1938/39 (Benfica, 4-3);
    - Finalista vencida em 1950/51 (Benfica, 1-5);
    - Finalista vencida em 1966/67 (V. Setúbal, 2-3);
    - Finalista vencida em 1968/69 (Benfica, 1-2).