Zavagnin at Coventry?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by jmeissen0, Feb 1, 2005.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

2. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amdy you have a big mouth but your a chicken poop head, i really don't get your kind. I actualy have a job for a living and you breathe this 24/7 i don't see why you cannot be a voice of reason and info rather then have a mouth full of crap, you should rethink what you can offer to the soccer community, you chicken i will never ignore you anytime you like to stop by for a chat you are welcome

3. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that sentence over yet?

4. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

umm

no

they got their stuff from the previous club

the guy from kc talked to kerry and his people

i love yanks abroad, but that aren't at the same level in reporting yet... that's no knock, they are just getting going and i hope they get to that level

but i'd put money on the kc star guy

5. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not getting this. Perhaps you could re-type your post so that it makes more sense?

6. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    Perhaps you could give an example where they've been beaten to a scoop, or where they have been wrong?

7. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    I think your eight year old stole your log-in password.

8. RUUDVN

RUUDVN BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2004
    NYC
    what's wrong with that statement ? MLS is below the Euro clubs in quality, if a player is not good enough for euro clubs than MLS is the place to play, simple is that.

9. RUUDVN

Sep 3, 2004
    NYC
    it's kinda like your wife is looking for another man (a better one than you) & think if she doesn't get what she wants, she is still have you waiting for her at home, so, in this case, your wife = Savagnin, You = MLS and Euro Club = a better man than you're.

10. kris

kris New Member

Nov 26, 2004
    LOL. If Jay Demerit and the Canadians at Millwall are good enough at this level, then surely kerry's a better player than they are. Kerry would have an easier time than Bobby did adjusting to the physical nature of the colaship. I'm half glad he wasn't picked up by Sunderland as they are under a lot of pressure to win promotion. At a club like Conventry?, he could be eased into a side that wouldn't expect the world of him.

11. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

if you are going to do the yanks abroad site... handle critiquing, or quit posting on bigsoccer... seriously... most of you guys have been very, very bad at it, some have not though...

chad winger said he was going home, clearly he is not... he is with coventry... however, i wasn't posting to dis chad, i was posting to show another poster that zavagnin was not going home and that the yanks-abroad article he posted was dated and therefore not correct

it would be helpful to not just talk to the team, but also talk to the player and his people...

i've seen people for ya get insulted when someone suggests that the line the team gave them could be wrong... don't be insulted, and it's already been shown to be wrong at times

but again, please keep the site going... it will get better... and it is *greatly* appreciated

12. RUUDVN

Sep 3, 2004
    NYC
    oh yeah, he is a good player, no doubt but, i was just expressing my disappointment towards MLS star players who are leaving us in the dust in MLS.

13. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

NO, it's kinda like your boss has been giving trifling raises, and lots of crosscountry travel, and the competitor is offering a 50% raise, a great chance to see the world, and a better opportunity to improve your skills. Remember your 30, and you have a limited shelf life, so save some bucks when you have to retire in your 30s (Zags is good, but he's no Preki! :))

14. dub77

dub77 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    in denial
    This thread made me cry.

15. Greywacke

Greywacke New Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Huntington Beach
  16. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    Contract negotiations with KC??? Unless their's another lead for him in Britain, maybe somewhere in Scotland?

17. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    If I had to guess, I'd guess that he ends up in Denmark, Norway or Sweden. It seems like Zavagnin really wants to play abroad, and players of his ability or worse seem to have latched on in Scandinavia without too many problems.

18. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on Kerry's abilities I do believe that he could play at a lower level EPL or CCC team. However, as much as I don't like to admit, I think that Kerry's age is playing into the equation. Being an unproven (in their eyes) 30 yr. old is sometimes hard to sell. I don't think his age hinders him paying wise but it seems to be a caution flag for others. Its unfortunate that he's had some opportunites pass him by, but he'll rebound. Holland, Belgium, or the Scandinavia could be a destination and he could probably thrive in the leagues. I would even count out a mid-level Bundesliga or top 2 B.L. team either. Good luck to Kerry and I hope his wishes come through.

19. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Sweden doesn't pay any better than MLS.

20. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Yeah, but surely the cost of living can't be as high as it is in Missouri.

21. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    It doesn't? Last time I checked it did for a player I knew who went over there...

22. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    I checked the Scandi boards. Top players in Alsvenskan are making ~ $200K, though I am not sure if this is before or after the tax.

But the board regulars posted their recent transfer deals and they don't look too enticing.