Zat Knight off to Villa (Bocanegra related)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by OWN(yewu)ED, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Enge

Enge Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Frankenmuth MI
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ESPN article says the cops' statement says a "Class A" drug is involved, not necessarily heroin. I looked up the list here,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misuse_of_Drugs_Act_1971#Class_A_drugs

and there are some pretty heavy drugs on that list (including opium, which includes heroin, I would think).

The police did not name Knight, and of course he is innocent until proven guilty. Let's hope it's not true.

Does anyone know whether the physical they do on a transfer includes a drug test? Given the amount of money at stake, it seems like something they would check.

2. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arrested on Poppy Lane, no less.

3. Dave216J

Dave216J Member

Aug 1, 2001
    DC
    Zat Knight has been improving lately...but he's 27. At this rate, he'll have full concentration and focus at 33 or so.

Boca has been shaky at times, but has looked more solid this year than last - Baird hasn't done well at RB, which hurts the defense overall, and of course Warner had a couple of bonehead plays at keeper after a great first game.

If Hughes comes in and can organize well and offer decent physical presence (don't know him at all), and if Volz comes back in at RB, Fulham should shore up a bit. With Diop seemingly moving on/lost form, they could use a bit more protection from midfield than Smertin offers, too.

At Villa, if Laursen is injured, Knight might beat out Cahill at times, but I expect him to be 3rd-4th choice. Perhaps he will step up with a veteran leader like Mellberg next to him, though.

4. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    Nice

[oneill] DOH! [/oneill]