ZARAGOZA vs REAL MADRID | Copa del Rey R16 | 29.01.20 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Exactly only Hazard is the starter but even he is injured so all the spaces are up for grabs at the moment

Drouchk repped this.
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Rodrygo has been passive for a while now despite starting several games. Brahim should be above him in the pecking order imo. He showed great work ethic last season as well. Early season injuries derailed his season, but he seems to be back to his best. Only Hazard in our squad can do this.

3. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Loan Jovic and get an experienced backup STRIKER next year. The guy needs experience and he needs to wake the ******** up.

Excape Goat repped this.
  4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don’t think any serious football fan does not rate Toni Kroos , just A few fans here saying he only passes sideways all the time and that’s it, ( haven’t seen one of those fans for awhile actually) he had a period where he struggled , the whole team did and he was rightly called out here for it, but now he seems to be back to his best, great player

5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The problem for Brahim is that ZZ doesn’t seem to think he is ready and needs minutes on loan to improve, that’s his stumbling block right now, unless ZZ changes his mind, after Brahim’s last performance which included a goal, ZZ said nothing had changed for him with regards to Brahim,

Sorry, not that Brahim isn’t ready but that ZZ seems to think other players are ahead of him in terms of ability to contribute at least that’s what it looks like to me.

ElCapitánSR4 and Drouchk repped this.
  6. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Really nice goal by Vinicius. Scored a similar goal against Club Brugge. Hope he gains in confidence slowed slowly because I love watching him play

madridista_hr, Deep Pal and Drouchk repped this.
  7. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lukita, HZinho, hector_br and 9 others repped this.
  8. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He should be given a proper chance to compete, Zidane said that anything could happen until January 31 so maybe he believes he could still go out a loan but if he doesn’t he should be used, kid is too talented to be behind everyone in the pecking order.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The club sees his pushback to any suggestion from their side as a bother, he was recently mentioned alongside Mariano as a "small Bale case" a player the club has certain plans for but the player will not cooperate.

The "either play me or sell me" mentality was what got him to Madrid. In hindsight we signed up for this.

10. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    That would be silly of Zidane because Brahim’s play is more mature than that of Vini and he works harder off the ball but you could be right, maybe Zidane sees something in training that we do not.

Stiliyan, madridista_hr and Deep Pal repped this.
  11. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's closer to starting here vs Vazquez, Gareth Frail, Rodrygo and Vinicius than in City.

12. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe, but just looking at the squad lists for the season we can see that Brahim barely fares better than Mariano right now, maybe 4x4’s interpretation of what’s happening re the club has some legitimacy,

personally I had no doubt that we’d see him and James more in the Copa, James for sure, Brahim at least as a sub and not left out altogether but still down the order, let’s see if anything changes re his situation

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's regularly not even making the matchlist. How is that any close to a starting spot?

14. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Already dreading the weekend game against Atleti. They should pay fans to have to sit through Simeone’s tactics. I really hope our guys step up and shithouse a win. We really need to beat Atletico and keep this run going.

15. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    These are the takeaways from yesterday's game :

1. Love Zidane, he is the Midas of modern football :inlove:

2. Benz scoring is a major major thing

3. Vinnie showing calmness in finishing, guy will be a monster once he gets that regularly

4. Our defence is so damn strong

5. Brahim is frikking insane, we need to do everything in our power to keep and use him

I know it was CDR, but as a fan could not have asked for more, we are picking up hot form at the right time of the season :cool:

16. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not crazy about Valverde and Kroos putting in 90 minutes (and do not want to see Modric start on Saturday), but good game.

Fun to see James make some pretty neat passes.

I have been down on Vini for a while but even before the goal have been impressed these last few games. He is still frustrating to watch from time to time but the kid brings something almost no one else in or squad can bring. I want to see him play against Atleti because his ability to take players on will be useful.

ElCapitánSR4, J-Mezzy, Stiliyan and 5 others repped this.
  17. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well to be fair being a defender seducer is exactly what Benzema was championed for in his first 9 years at the club, with Zidane even going so far as to say that the most important thing for a striker is to be good at things other than scoring goals.o_O:thumbsdown:

Digital, Lyra and Deep Pal repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Deep Pal, Lyra and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  19. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    Very nice win.No injuries,another clean sheet,Vinicius scored a nice goal,Benzema ended his bad streak.

Zaragosas place is in La Liga,they are a historic team,they always try to play atacking football and La Rosaleda is a nice stadium.

The usual suspects were the disapointments of the game......Jovic is trash,no excuses for this guy,unless he score some DECISIVE goals that help us win some trophies....he will not be a RM player next season .

James is the worst midfielder in the team,so slow ....the way he plays it looks like one of these Real Madrid-United legends games .....he plays like he is 45.

Marcelo is a fn legend,but he is so far behind Mendy at this point,his first half performence was hillarios.

Overall it was a good game,if there will be El Clasico in the cup,i prefer it at the 1/4 finals in 1 game

Deep Pal and hector_br repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've been going at Karim the hardest for it. He checked every box, delivered every single piece of the puzzle that I thought was missing. I can only respect him now. A very very different player and personality.

dooda, Deep Pal and meringues repped this.
  21. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can't believe Brahim is getting so small amount of playing time. He is such a talent and whenever he plays, he does very well.
    Looks like upgraded version of Isco that can dribble with the ball vertically.

22. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Brahim, Rodrygo and Vinicius should get a fair and consistent rotation as starters. At least against smaller teams at the SB.

Deep Pal repped this.
  23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1222877493415292929 is not a valid tweet id

Let's see how he does with Castilla.

24. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    A similar argument can be made for James and Mariano. Zidane seems to be pretty ruthless when it comes to players he simply does not see having a future at Real Madrid.

Ceballos scores a couple goals, doesn't make the bench the next game. Brahim scores a amazing solo goal, we don't see him for months. Regulion blatantly up-stages Marcelo, we send him on loan and spend big money on another left back. Struggling for goals and creativity in the midfield? Don't even bother with Mariano and James.

Excape Goat, Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018