Zanetti back to the NT for game vs France!?!!!

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by vipnerd, Jan 22, 2007.

1. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    That is the gossip ... that Basile will call him back for the game against the French. Maybe Cambiasso too. And a given is Gago and Saviola.

Thoughts on Pupi?

2. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know its ancient history now Vip, but Zanetti's exclusion from the world cup squad for Lionel Scaloni was a efffing disgrace :mad: . Just for that he deserves a recall so at the very least he can say be given the farwell from the national team that he deserves.

3. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    The possible list is:

Abbondanzieri
    Franco
    Zanetti
    Ayala
    Heinze
    Fuentes
    Gabi Milito
    Burdisso
    Samuel
    Lucho Gonzales
    Somoza
    Gago
    Insua
    Crespo
    Aguero
    Saviola
    Diego Milito

A couple more names still pending.

4. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    If its true, it is a very very good news. Zanetti has still 1 or 2 more years to play good football and we should take his service as long as he can deliver. I just can't believe this guy is sooo much underrated. Not only as A RB or LB, he is playing as a midfielder in Inter.:eek:

5. Blue-and-White

Blue-and-White New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Canada
    Messi wont be back in time?

6. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Zanetti definitely should be there.

Palacio, Mascherano, Tevez, Belluschi?

Is he just calling European based players?

7. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    THis will be great if Zanetti rejoins the NT.Never should have left to begin with.Hopefully he does well and will continue to be called for more games to come.

8. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    What have Somoza and Insua done to earn this call up ?

9. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    Messi will return to Barca on 2nd of february and i think he will be ready to play no earlier than 10th of february. Tevez might also not get fit in time to play this game, as for Mascherano He has not played any competitive match recently, so it is understandable that he is not named.

Pekerman, i don't kniow about Insua but Somoza definetly doesn't desserve to be in this squad at the moment. But i guess, Aimar will get the call up. But why the hell is Demischellis not getting the call-up?

10. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Great news for Zanetti. He indeed deserves to leave the NT with all the honours.

11. Syd Barret

Syd Barret Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Buenos Aires
    from what i heard, the game will be only european club players.

Tevez and Messi are injured, and Mascherano haven't played a match for over 2 months.

12. MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder New Member

May 8, 2006

Good question

I think the answer is......little and nothing.......with Insua there's the Boca connection but with Somoza? I don't think he'll ever be more than a sub on the team, if that.

13. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Insua wasn't called up. Did you even bother checking the list?

14. MidnightMarauder

May 8, 2006
    I didn't but the thought of Insua getting a NT callup is very disturbing so I just responded to the post.

15. MidnightMarauder

May 8, 2006

Totally agree.....The WC snub by Pekerman was a slap in the face that el Pupi did not deserve......hope Basile keeps him on the team for a while longer......

16. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Zanetti: "Este regreso tiene un sabor especial"

Asegura que no se quedó con bronca pero sí con desilusión por no haber jugado el Mundial de Alemania y que a sus once años de Selección les falta un título.

More...