Zamparini no longer insane? (Amauri)

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by JumpinJackFlash, Oct 29, 2007.

1. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan

This is the smartest thing I've ever seen Zamparini say, looks like he might want to try build Palermo into a top club instead of selling everyone for peanuts. (like he did with Toni)
    [/FONT]

2. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He's still insane, he's just taking his mediation now and is thinking clearly lol

He's still conflicting his own words though. 2 weeks ago he said that he would not let Amauri leave for less then 15m, now he's saying 20m. I personally don't think Amauri is worth 20m...maybe 14m. So, he will always be insane for me :)

3. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never thought he was insane. He's quite bright actually. Just rich and pretty arrogant. :) But it's good to hear him admitting mistakes and learning from them.

4. colagrosso3

colagrosso3 New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Montreal
    i think zamparini makes a lot of bad choices but his good choices cloud the bad(confusing i know)
    for example when we sold toni to fiorimerda, it was the most disqusting thing i ever heard but then we bought miccoli and i was very happy

zamparini is just a very arrogent, BUT VERY RICH man and i kinda like him just for the cash and what he has done for palermo over the years

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When I lived in Italy from 2001-2005 the rumor was that the main reason he bought Palermo was becuase he wanted his grocery store chain down in Sicily. Do you know if he ever got the chain going?

6. colagrosso3

colagrosso3 New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Montreal
    um im not tht sure about the stores, but what i do know is that mandi has been sponsors for palermo for 2 seasons in a row and if his grocery chani is mandi than ya i think he did:p;)

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here is one company he founded. I think they are like Targets...
    Emmezeta

http://www.emmezeta.org/#SlideFrame_0

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: Zamparini no longer insane?

Zamparini no longer insane?

One still wonders if he is or isn't. He brought back Guidolin last year then fired him and recalled his coach. I seriously doubt Ballardini will finish out this year. The question of if Zamparini is insane or not remains to be seen.

On the one hand he reminds me of Luciano Gaucci on the other hand if it weren't for him, the club will still be somewhere between the Serie B & C. Hopefully, things will change for the better this year.

9. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

firing your coach after one round is pretty insane.

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

But after hiring Delio Rossi, he looks like a genious, doesn't he?