Zamora turns down T&T call

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by Scotty, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
  2. BBC_

BBC_ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    London
    ZAMORA IS WANKER AND DOESNT KNOW ************ ALL ABOUT TRINIDAD. HE PROBABLY LOOKS DOWN ON TRINIDADIANS

3. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    You guys rely heavily on britsh born players who parents have Trinidad citzenship . They jus shoud jus work with they have . the whole carribean needs to do that., esp(jamaica) I know you have a bunch of UK Immigrants who have kids that execl in their system then doesn't make to england NT so they go to there parents country. but jeez

like I say True trinis need be out there

good luck to Trinidad and Tobago

i hope shaka hislop is between the sticks lol

JK

4. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If TnT make it he will be begging Leo to put him on the roster. Hopefully Leo tells him to ************ off

5. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    If t&T make to germany and he has chance to appear i bet he would beg for a spot

Leo would proably pick him to Improve the midfield to compete

glad he is not playing vs guatemala though

6. BBC_

BBC_ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    London
    I know kids (17/18) already who want to play for TNT even tho they born in england. why must hispanics born outside their nations be the only proud ones eh, that dont ''abuse'' the system?(im winding you up, but British-caribbean children are VERY PROUD of orginating from the caribbean) and TNT dont rely heavily on UK born players.

7. BBC_

BBC_ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    London
    I hope so too. only people proud of trini please where ever your born

8. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Not true.

Jamaica does it all the time. But rarely does T&T do it.

9. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

You are an idiot... if you don't have the facts don't jump in w/ what you think is true. T&T's team is full of players born in Trinidad... if you wan't to take issue w/ National teams benefiting from foreign born nationals why don't you complain about France? Even so, T&T probably has more excuse than most teams when it comes to claiming players not born in their country simply because we've got such a high percentage of our players playing overseas.

10. Spurs74

Spurs74 Member

Nov 10, 2003
    He's right.

Christopher Birchall who played in the Gold Cup this summer, was the only player born in the UK and he's white!!! Go figure. Otherwise, most of T&T players were born on the island.

Because of the constant club-v-country issue, in T&T''s case, its just that the club demands are far too heavy.

11. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Who needs Zamora anyways? Zamora is very OVERRATED. He couldn't cut it at Tottenham after scoring at will for Brighton. His attitude sucks....TRI don't need a primmadonnna who only cut it 2 div below the Premiership. :D

12. Gerrit

Gerrit New Member

May 20, 2005
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Not to mention Ireland. Clinton Morrisson in the team after regularly turning down ROI because he was hoping for an England call...
    Happens everywhere really, to blame T&T for it would be ridiculous. The last line-up I saw seemed quite domestic-based.

mtkillamanjohno, are you from T&T?

13. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Jlloyd Samuel a simliar case to zamora? My Trini friend told me that he is actually born in Trinidad but chose to play for England, or something like that.

He would have been a good addition for the team... solid sideback.

14. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Not quite...Zamora was born in England. Jlloyd Samuel was born in Trinidad as you noted but obviously he wants to play for England. I can say the same thing about Owen Hargreaves. Wasn't he born in Canada? He chose England cuz he obviously wanted top play for them.

15. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Yup, Owen was born and raised in Canada and is more or less 100% Canadian. This is a guy who gave his word on TV that he will continue to play for Canada (back in the day where he was still playing for our youth teams), but then went to play for England anyway :mad:

The funny thing is, he NEVER even set a foot on England soil until right before the WC2002 when he chose to play for them!! He only got to play for them because one of his grandparents are English or something like that. I just find that a bit wrong...

How long did Jlloyd spend his time in Tinidad? Did he spend most of his life there, or was he just born there and raised in England?

16. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Well to be honest......I'm not sure whether or not Jlloyd Samuel was raised in Trinidad most of his life. I'm Jamaican born, so I couldn't really answer that question.

Fact is, he turned his back on TT and in my opinion as good a player that he is,......... should TT qualify for Germany, and Mr Samuel decides that he wants to make a U turn and play for TT, the Federation should shut the door in his face! :cool:

17. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Time should heal all wounds. If small countries like T&T want to make an impact in the WC, they need all the help they can get. Zamora didn't say anything insulting about T&T, just that his focus was on WHFC. I think he ought to have a talk with his Dad! Or Chris Birchall's Mom!
    Diplomacy is always helpful in these areas. Even the Hammers should encourage Zamora to consider declaring for T&T. English clubs always like to mention the number of internationals in their squads & Bobby won't be getting a call from SGE any time soon!
    Those who think that a WC squad should only have native-born players need to take a look around. Even host Germany have Miroslav Klose, a Polish native. Poland in turn have a Nigerian native (if he's healthy enough to be on the squad in '06, he'll be the only Nigerian at the WC!). England have Hargreaves. Someday the USA will have Adu.

http://2002.fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/02/en/t/t/pl/178975/index.html
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=340713&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233&cc=5901

18. Filho

Filho New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Hi guys...new poster from TnT here.
    Zamorra hasn't shown himself to be anything special...yet. Truth is, if TnT qualify and Zamorra is interested, and Leo thinks he is a useful addition, he will get selected. As fans,we can talk about loyalty, emotion, etc..but in the world of top class football, the federation, coaching staff and current players are going to be very pragmatic and business like. And if he turns in some good performances, the same fans will forget and cheer him on....just like we've forgotten how many times Shaka Hislop turned us down when he looked like he might get to play for England...

And TnT has always used mostly locally born players. Currently, Birchall's mother is Trini but he was born and raised in England. Shaka was born in England to Trini parents who moved back to Trinidad when he was an infant and he went to elementary and finished high school in TnT...Ian Cox plays sometimes, but isn't a starter..otherwise, they're all born and raised in TnT.

Spurs 74, you need to vacation in TnT...you'll see we're a pretty multicultural place. Birchall stands out on the football team, but he ain't that unique to the island...we're an old British colony and quite a few stuck around....cheers :D

19. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Small countries like T&T need all the help they can get if they want to make an impact? I disagree with that statement. Some small countries have much more technical skill than the likes of some of the bigger nations. If you think I'm kidding take a look at Western Africa and you will see for yourself. TT have always produced technically skilled players from the 60's onwards. They have the talent, the problem lies within the system and coaching.

I am all for a player who wants to wear the red of TT....however he must want to wear it cuz of pride and dignity like you see Mexican players when they play for their country. I will not accept people like Samuel and Zamora who doesn't want to play for TT cuz they are hoping for England, and when they realise that their 25 or 26yrs old and realise that their england hopes are fading, then they suddenly decide they wanna play for TT

Thanks but no thanks.

20. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    I think they should give Tony Warner a call if they ever need a keeper. He's shown a genuine interest even before they were near the world cup.

He's a decent stopper, a big boy too.

I don't think they should give Zamora the pleasure of World Cup football if they make it. There are plenty of boys from the 2 islands would would give an eye to be in that squad.

21. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    I'm not trying to offend you or any other fans of the Soca Warriors. However, should Zamora improve in form to the point where he would be a valuable part of the T&T squad, not just a bit player, then I think both he & T&T should seriously reevaluate his current decision not to play. We're not talking about someone who has no ties to the country. While he may hope for England, as I said before, that call isn't coming. He shouldn't sit by the phone. He should speak with his club & his Dad & make the only reasonable decision, best for both him & T&T. He should ask Roy Carroll what it's like to play for a wee country. I do believe that if Bobby declared for T&T he would be accepted by most fans. You, too, might change your mind if he begins scoring for Spurs like he did for Brighton, then adds a couple for T&T in Germany! A nice partnership with Stern John! Good Luck!

22. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Q&A of Beenhakker October 28:
    There has been some talk about English-based players Jlloyd Samuel and Bobby Zamora possibly joining the T&T squad for the upcoming play-off. Can you comment on this?
    Well, it is a bit of a tricky situation for a manager. I saw Samuel play for (Aston) Villa this Saturday and will be going to West Ham to look at Zamora. If they are players who can help the team then we will invite them to join us. But firstly I need to show respect to the players who worked so hard to get us where we are now. They have earned their spots and I must respect that. I have a team that has been living together, fighting together and playing together – and right now there are no problems in the team. So, bringing in someone new may not be the best idea. But that being said, if Samuel or Zamora are better than the man I have now in their position, it would be stupid not to bring them in. We will have to wait and see.
    http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/051027/1/537y.html

23. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
  24. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
  25. Simply notken

Simply notken New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Hey speaking of which is there a history of Indo trinidadians on the team, or has is traditionaly been limited to Afro Trinidadians?