Zachary Herivaux to Sporting Lisbon?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by #1 Feilhaber and Adu, Nov 24, 2009.

1. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Possible Yank Aborad in the near future........Knew he was one of the top 96's in Mass, but there is more...........

http://haitifoot.blogspot.com/2009/07/zachary-herivaux-amerewoodaol.html

"September 2008: Scouted by Aurelio Pereira, who discovered Christiano Ronaldo, to spend 2 weeks training with Sporting Club de Portugal. Offered a spot in the U13 Sporting Academy team."

Another source:

http://www.wickedlocal.com/brooklin...on-soccer-star-directing-youth-traveling-team

"At 12, he is known as one of the top players in Massachusetts. One of his favorite soccer memories was participating in the Olympic Development Program, an exclusive program that offers an opportunity to train and compete against the best players at regional, state and national levels. Most recently, he has been invited to Portugal to play and train"

2. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
  3. USfootballer89

Mar 6, 2008
    new orleans
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is this ronaldinho son?

4. CenterLine

CenterLine Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe so. He's Japanese-Haitian right? Shalrie Joseph jr.?:D

5. Who is this guy?

Dec 13, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zEVuiF5-CM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zEVuiF5-CM[/ame]
    just randomly found this video, kid looks pretty good,but wow does he look like ronaldinho, In the video info it says "He was selected for the U13 ODP team at 11 year old, and was scouted by Aurelio Pereira, who discovered Cristiano Ronaldo, to train and play with Sporting Club de Portugal, and offered a spot in the U13 Sporting Academy team."

6. Who is this guy?

Dec 13, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    update-theres a comment from the person who uploaded that video above.
    "Zachary Herivaux will trial with Japanese club Gamba Osaka in August. The Shalrie Joseph Soccer Club (sponsored by the New England Revolution star) forward is of Japanese descent as his mother, Miki, hails from there and will attempt to make Gambas youth academy next month. I am a little nervous to see what its like, says Herivaux."
    interesting development.....

7. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    J-league, diversity. I don't think we have anyone playing there correct? Closest is Nguyen in the V-league and the other kid who plays in China. The J-league is quality, hopefully he makes the academy.

8. sakibomb523

sakibomb523 Member+

Oct 13, 2009
    Orange County
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    theres a dual-citizen who played for Japans youth teams and is like 20 or 21 years old playing in the J-league. forgot which team though

9. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    From The Boston Globe:

Pedro Herivaux met his wife, Miki, in Japan while he played professionally there for Gamba Osaka. Zachary was born there and is fluent in Japanese.

In August, Zachary will travel back to Japan to try out for Gamba Osaka’s youth team, and has hopes of making the Japanese national team by the next World Cup in 2014.

“I’m a little nervous to see what it’s like,’’ says Zachary. “I’ve never played soccer over there, but I know they play a much different style. I think we’re a little more aggressive here.’’
    http://www.boston.com/sports/soccer..._joseph_soccer_club_plays_for_national_title/

10. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Wait, the kid thinks he can play for their full national team in the next WC at 17-18?

11. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Is he American? Haitian dad, Japanese mom, born in Japan?

12. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
  13. Pagefan

Pagefan Member

Aug 28, 2001
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess the whole Japan idea didn't pan out.

14. Wazaflo21

Wazaflo21 New Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I played with Zach at the Region 1 ODP Camp last summer and the year before. He is a very good player, but certainly was not the best at the camp in my personal opinion. I'm sort of surprised to see he made the national camp but I guess I haven't seen him play enough. Hopefully he surprises me and can fulfill the potential these clubs see in him.

15. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    No offense, kiddo, but I'm not really gonna put too much stock in the player evaluation skills of a 15-year old.

16. Wazaflo21

Wazaflo21 New Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    No offense taken, was just giving my personal opinion on the player. I'll keep that to myself next time.

17. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just read this and made me laugh. I played ODP. If I can play somewhere, it's not exclusive. haha

18. chalaron

chalaron Member+

Aug 15, 2006
    Baton Rouge, Louisia
    There's not reason to take a condescending tone towards the guy. No offense, grandpa, but I'm not really gonna put too much stock in the opinions of a random dude posting on the internet.

19. Coolwhip

Coolwhip Member

Jun 27, 2010
    MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Hmm. Guess his dream of playing for the Japanese national team is on hold for a while.

Anyway, it's possible to participate in U.S. youth programs at this age without being a citizen, correct?

21. youth=glory

youth=glory Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Yes, fellow Rev Deigo Fagundez has and I believe is not a citizen. (though many believe this camp is "tryout" camp for Brandenton so not sure if they would take you without being a citizen)

22. Coolwhip

Coolwhip Member

Jun 27, 2010
    MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't imagine he was not born in America. Where else can a Japanese woman meet a Haitian man?

23. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    *holds back on raunchy joke*

24. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Japan, Herivaux's dad played soccer in Japan.