---Z--- Official Retirement.

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by ---Z---, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I been thinking lately and I believe I will take Aveirenses' advice and finally step away.

An except from his PM to me , September 9, 2016 reads:

Did you ever think that maybe after 11 years... It might be a good idea to just step away? I never post, so, believe me, it has no impact to me whether you understand where I am coming from or not. I don't know how old you are but I can tell you I started posting on forums in 2002. I think I was around 12 or 13 at the time. I don't know what you have been through but I can tell you. At 27, I have been through more shit than people have been through at 80. This used to be a place I went to enjoy some time away from the real world and talk about something I like, get into arguments here and there and have a little laugh. I've seen people come and go, forums open and close, etc etc etc But I tell you: the best decision or perhaps it was more an obligation, I forget, was to stop posting here. I actually remember you thinking you were slick making sarcastic jokes about me being a CEO for a Fortune 500... I am not going to get into what I am doing with my time these days, I will tell you two things though.

1-That comment showed to me for some reason you have a hard time believing someone can be successful as a first or second generation immigrant.
    2-I am on course to come just about 200k short of 7 figures this year.

I've been on here 11 years, and have made many enemies. so much so that the above enemy remembered me after 4 years and had to PM me.

What was the purpose of my trolling these last 11 years? a large part had to do with Euro 2004. I carried that loss with me for a long time and wanted to support Portugal and see them win ( since 2002 anyways). I always supported Sporting, and yet they still haven't win, altho we have emerged from the dark years of Godinho Lopes / Bettencourt era.

I am deciding to retire from this site, on top. Portugal is campeao and Sporting was the reason why and every day I wake up I tell myself that. I don't need to discuss anything or troll anymore. I need to focus on my investments now and catch up to Aveirenses in the $$$ ranks.

Yours Truly,

---Z---

signing off

[​IMG]

2. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Never forget,

1-0.

Benfica vs Sporting.
    Portugal vs Franca.

nbstriker8 and theFOOTBALLlover repped this.
  3. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

4. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Adeus. Here is my farewell gift.

theFOOTBALLlover repped this.
  6. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    shall we start the over/under on when he comes back either as himself or a new identity ? I say 5 days lol

7. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like it's a ploy to get aveirenses back

8. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Who has been posting the longest on these boards ? Ive been since March 2005 but Im pretty sure that GD has been long, who else ?

9. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Selfish move, bro. Do what you gotta do but this open firum will sill live on. King frank Cunha was the originators, he had a wealth of info helping this site till trolls got to him. He left on his own terms. I respect that!

vilafria repped this.
  10. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    OG here since 2004, took a break and came back

11. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    We need to getting a betting agency to put some odds together. I reckon your suggestion will be paying $1.10.

12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    2004 as well.

13. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Frank left because they took away the rep points under the avatars.

14. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Farewell Z ...until the next Tournament rolls around.

If we were to win a World Cup I will retire as Mod that's for sure.

15. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    That's a little risky. You should retire if Sporting will the league.

16. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He should have been gone a long time ago. Since he's been a part of this forum, Sporting has never been campeao once.

Now we can finally watch Sporting be cagoes in peace while eating our TREMOCOS.

DiogoPT repped this.
  17. DiogoPT

DiogoPT Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Porto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

My parting gift

18. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    --Z-- will come back in two weeks from retirement, just like Messi.

nbstriker8 repped this.
  19. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blonde hair and all

20. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It's only a forum Z. Just come on every now and then and give the site a read then post if you feel like you absolutely have to give your opinion on a thread, that's what I do. It's much easier and it means you'll still be around when we win the world cup

21. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Once you stop caring about your image on a forum with a bunch of complete strangers you'll realize how silly it is to "retire". Just post whenever you feel like it.

Edit - Strangers can be fun, u mad? :D

22. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Now that Z is gone, who do we all target next?

@SCP_16 ?

Only requirement is that it has to be a Sporting fan :D

23. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Pfff get f*cked buddy lol I'm j/k. Btw, in case you guys missed it, SLB tied right now with a 3rd division side, Eliseu conceding the PK and somehow escapes without a deserved red card. LMFAO. Just like last season. That dirty f*cking prick should've been sent off multiple times.

24. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Got curious so I looked it up. Looks like Toronto has more Portuguese than Boston, however if you add Fall River and New Bedford, it's more Portuguese. Even if you add Mississauga and Brampton, you get about 245,000 for mass, and about 220,000 for the gta. Both cities are the two most Portuguese in North America.

25. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    #25 BatatasFritas, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    Since you are adding Fall River and Bedford, I can add Hamilton, Kitchener, Guelph, Waterloo, Bradford, etc which are just outside the GTA but less than 100km away and that gives roughly about over 60,000 more. I'm not even including other GTA communities such as Vaughn, Whitby/Oshawa which will easily give another 10 thousand.

This link is terribly outdated but does provide some numbers. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Canadians

Seems like the New England area near Boston/RI have significantly more Portuguese but that is a huge area. All numbers I'm looking at are outdated so it is hard to get an accurate reading.

Don't know about Boston but Toronto is still getting quite a few pork chops immigrating here. Nothing like the 80s but a steady stream, probably a few hundred a year. Hard to get numbers since most overstay their tourist time.