Yunus Musah at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jun 19, 2019.

1. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Big game today - a character-builder - at Real Madrid.

[​IMG]

2. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think his teammate just needed to yell at somebody, it was only 1 guy and as you said, Musah did all that could be expected on the play...he was on the Valencia right, ball was lost at midfield line on far left, Musah tracked back, almost caught up to Larin as Larin passed ball to Valencia defensive right wing about 25 yards out of goal, Musah continued his run to provide cover on the wing (there was none) - Larin changed direction and went back post but was picked up by a defender - cross released before Musah arrived but if the crosser had attacked on the dribble Musah would have been needed as cover.

Hopefully the new coach has a better offensive idea than 'get the ball to Cavani and let him do whatever he wants' - which seemed the extent of Gattuso's tactics. Valencia are the only team in the bottom 11 with a positive goal differential and both goals for (tied at 6th most) and goals against (10th) should see them comfortably mid-table. This may very well be a situation where the coach (game management) is the main problem.

glutton4Bolts and TimB4Last repped this.
  3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman and Anderson11 repped this.
  4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Valencia CF
    @valenciacf

#RealMadridValencia

2-0 | 76'
    >>> @skoda_es Eray Cömert + Fran Pérez

<<< @yunusmusah8 + @ECavaniOfficial

Lost 2-0.

Winoman repped this.
  5. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  6. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is our USA best at this: Making a meal out of contact.

7. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Had a breakaway but couldn’t slot it past the keeper’s trailing legs.

9. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Valencia CF
    @valenciacf

#GironaValencia

1-0 | 79' @skoda_es

>> @IlaixMK + @hugoduro14 + @_marcosandre96

<< @HGuillamon + @yunusmusah8 + @samuellino99

They lost 1-0.

10. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman and TimB4Last repped this.
  11. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Comes off early with an "injury" again.

Announcers finally saying what has been on my mind since the World Cup. Musah needs to up his game. Yes, he is only 20... but he has over 70 La Liga games under his belt now. I can't remember the last time he dominated a game. Early in the season I thought he was taking it to the next level but he has leveled off (or even digressed). A lot of the times he just looks like he is leaving it to his teammates to produce on O. What happened to the bold runs w/ the ball? Why isn't he even trying to score now? He had one shot on goal today and it was 20 yards out. He did have a couple crucial defensive blocks in the 1st half today but offensively he seems to be half-a@@ing it. It sucks to see a guy like Bellingham destroy on D and fly up and down the pitch on O while Musah preserves his energy. I really thought he was going to be a star. Now I am not so sure.

12. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW... it looks like Valencia might get relegated. Musah comes off and 5 minutes later the comeback is complete. Valencia is a hot mess.

13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Valencia would be the biggest scalp collected by any YA ever. Even bigger than Bremen, Schalke, Hamburg, Hannover, Alavés, Norwich, Arminia, etc. We're entering the big leagues now.

14. Alemannia

Alemannia Member

Alemannia Aachen
    Sep 16, 2021
    Hamburg had never been relegated before in the history of the Bundesliga. Valencia at least did a Segunda stint in the 80s.

ChrisSSBB, Zinkoff and eliwood repped this.
  15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    It's close but Valencia's big achievements are more recent. Hamburger Golden Age was the 70s and early 80s. Valencia has won a Copa del Rey as recently as 2019.

16. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Musah needs a really good coach.

17. AngelaMerkin

AngelaMerkin Member+

Dec 2, 2005
    it may be based off instructions. When managers are facing relegation, often times they get very conservative - so this could be evidence of being a good soldier. I do agree though, Musah looks... tired? unsure of role? to be on a crap team? Hard to know, but possibly a combo of all three. Whatever it is, I did not have relegation battle for Valencia on my bingo card for this season.

tomásbernal and glutton4Bolts repped this.
  18. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Musah starts La Liga’s featured Monday game, Valencia (18th) visiting Getafe (19th).

Winoman repped this.
  19. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting tired of watching Valencia suck. But I am a glutton4Punishment and continue to tune in hoping for Musah to flash like he did early in the season. 10 minutes and counting... please produce.

20. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Some chatter linking Gattuso to the vacant Leeds job. Just chatter IMO - Leeds can't be that competent, can they? - but if it happens and they stay up, I wouldn't be surprised to see Musah off to Yorkshire in the summer.

21. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Musah off in the 69th minute. Underwhelming again. Where are all the fantastic penetrating dribbles?

22. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Brutal late 1-0 loss for Valencia. They better start turning it around.

glutton4Bolts repped this.
  23. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are so bad at the back and the front. They could have lost this one by at least two as the GK made several saves on point blank shots. They could have also won this one if they didn't shoot the ball right at the opposing GK. The only thing that makes it worse is that they tend to give up goals late in the halves which has ruined their chances of even getting a scoreless draw. Hard to watch.

24. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    starting to wonder if the USMNT anointed Musah a little too quickly

he has no end product...didnt in he WC doesnt in la liga

I think Valencia has to play him because he is high profile and likley to fetch a transfer fee......but im not really sure he's doing enough to truly earn it at this point....

he needs to stop being a passenger and start making a difference!!

25. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AngelaMerkin made the observation that he may have become a bit more conservative based on his manager's instructions. That may be the case... but now he has another coach. And furthermore I am not sure why anyone would want him to be less aggressive with the ball at his feet. Almost all of his highlights over the past two years have been when he has taken players on to unbalance a D. I am just not seeing that since the WC. He still has a pretty decent right footed cross. I might be inclined to move him back outside to the right to combo w/ the RB and so he has a bit more space to show off his wheels. Either way, IMO the dude has enough games under his belt at this level for me to expect more out of him.

adam tash repped this.