Yunus Musah at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jun 19, 2019.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman and madvillain repped this.
  2. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    Valencia were still down 3-1 in injury time.

They somehow ended up tying the game 3-3.

Winoman and madvillain repped this.
  3. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    #1228 schrutebuck, Nov 7, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    Positive appearance with Musah, although sometimes he's a little too loose with the ball. But he was generally providing Valencia the same utility today that he's been providing the US.

4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Involved in the 2nd goal:

1457417281571524608 is not a valid tweet id

Gacm32, Namdynamo, Mt Stone@ and 7 others repped this.
  5. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Gacm32, WheezingUSASupport, mace and 6 others repped this.
  6. Mt Stone@

Mt Stone@ Member

Apr 30, 2016
    USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    #1231 Mt Stone@, Nov 14, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    Really not trying to be too hyperbolic...but I think Yunus Musah could be one of the best midfielders in the entire world one day. Just look at what he did to that Mexican midfield at the old age of 18...increible!

7. Mt Stone@

Mt Stone@ Member

Apr 30, 2016
    USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  8. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Love it! I hope his coach was watching to see the potential. It's there. He is also built for the position he is playing. IMHO. I don't really follow Spanish football, but it may be that he is next in line for the position that he plays. Just keep it up and you'll get there.

9. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    First, rep for posting, but... Was there not a dispossedKranksversion? I've enjoyed his so much more than the ones with shit music. I guess it was funny at one time with, was it @watke, trolling us with the music, but ********, I would turn those off. As I did this one.

Winoman repped this.
  10. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Valencia play 442. I hope Musah goes to a team that plays 433.

Mt Stone@ and bballshawn repped this.
  11. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. He is a strong kid. At 6ft 160 lbs. is hard for an opponent to dispose him off the ball.

12. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Don’t be bashful, I feel the same. The best ball carrier from midfield I can ever remember seeing for the US. I’ve said it before, but I’d love to see BVB sell Jude this summer and buy Musah as a replacement. Doesn’t bring the same level of end product, but I think he can be almost as instrumental and just get the ball to Reus, Gio, Hazard and Halaand (if he stays) in dangerous spots.

golazo68 and Mt Stone@ repped this.
  13. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Actually a great idea. Dortmund would be great for his development. If Musah can raise his game (just) one more level- where he's a bit quicker and more decisive in decision-making, a bit cleaner with the touch...he's got the physical tools and creativity in the dribble. If he put in the hours on the training pitch, looks like he could possess a very powerful shot as well (just needs to accuracy now).

Very, very promising young player, and can become a superstar if he can go that 1 more level up. I think you are exactly right that 2-3 years at Dortmund would be perfect to achieve that next level up.

Maybe we should start a campaign....or better yet, maybe Reyna should go to management and say 'btw the way, fellows, I know a guy.......'

The Irish Rover repped this.
  14. KenC

KenC Member+

Jun 11, 2003
    Dortmund's success at recruiting young talent is only where it is, because I'm sure they already watch all these kids like Yunus.

15. Regis Prograis

Regis Prograis Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    Feb 8, 2020
    I'm sure he's on their radar. They've recruited 3 English Youth players in the last 4 years. So I'm sure he was watched while playing for the England U17s and 18s and also now he's playing for the US. I think they'd probably want to see him play as CM in La Liga for a sustained period, as far I can see he's played there for 25 mins in one sub appearance.

Having said all that I don't think Valencia who have any intention of selling.

KenC and usnroach repped this.
  16. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman repped this.
  18. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Musah's entrance was immediately after Valencia went up a man after a red card for Sociedad. Came in for Duro, as the right wing in a 4-2-3-1.

KenC and Winoman repped this.
  19. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Musah picks up the ball before Sociedad's free kick, and gets a yellow. None of it actually made sense - play was actually stopped for a Sociedad double sub. Ref under pressure from the home crowd for some retribution after the home red - Sociedad really put on their diving boots since.

20. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Musah taken down in the box in the 87th, called a corner kick. Rico stands over him and screams a him for a while, and gets a yellow in the scrum. Announcers blew off the chance of a penalty, but there was a lot of contact and defender was nowhere near the ball.

Winoman repped this.
  21. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Game was a mess - 11 yellow and a red, all in the second half. But sort of fun. Musah was intense, participated in the shithousing, and had an argument for a drawn penalty that may have had the misfortune of being immediately preceded by multiple dives by both times. Like, all the dives.

KenC, ChrisSSBB and Winoman repped this.
  22. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    KenC repped this.
  23. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    Yunus just set up and excellent chance with a nifty play in minute 90 as Val looking for go ahead goal against Rayo, and player skies it. Oh well.

Winoman repped this.
  24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gjackson2207 and Winoman repped this.
  25. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman, BostonRed, Gacm32 and 3 others repped this.