Yunus Musah at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jun 19, 2019.

1. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    HT

He looks like a good prospect. My critique would be that his footwork/agility aren’t great today and he’s reacting rather than anticipating things. The positives are that he has good strength, recovery speed and he looks to be an accurate passer. His disallowed goal showed he can strike a ball cleanly with his left foot.

That goal being disallowed increases the chances of England not starting WWIII to prevent him from staying with the USMNT.

Dervos repped this.
  2. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Lee takes a turnaround shot that bounced off the post. I guess this Korean can come around.

3. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and other penalty 3-1 Valencia.

4. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #229 LouisZ, Nov 8, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    And Musha gets a penalty call.because of Ramos handball. What a weird game.

Score 4-1 Valencia

5. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca
    wish i could watch this.... sounds bizzare

6. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #231 LouisZ, Nov 8, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    Nice body shield from Musha against Marcelo and then put a decent cross.

Musah had a good one-touch. His night is over. A good 87 minutes for the youngster

I didn't see any major issues with his game. He is strong, fast, good sense of where the play is going. Kid looks very promising.

Dizi, kba4life1 and Gacm32 repped this.
  7. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    His defensive positioning was pretty bad at times. But other than that, a pretty solid OK game against Real Madrid. We’ll take it.

8. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He plays defense a bit lax but not as bad as others we have seen. He can get into opponents' face so I see more of just how they want him to play (87 min.) more like a zone coverage in the flank. I didn't like it when he commits himself too much to back up the fullback and giving too much space for the opponent mid that comes into the attack around the edge of the 18-yard box.

FC Tallavana repped this.
  9. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    1325586699343306760 is not a valid tweet id

ShortyMac, glutton4Bolts, Dizi and 12 others repped this.
  10. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1325604181537910789 is not a valid tweet id

ShortyMac, glutton4Bolts, TxEx and 10 others repped this.
  11. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    I must have been under a rock.

Didn't know about this kid until recent weeks.

All of a sudden, we now have multiple Yanks starting in La Liga. Didn't we always wanted some Yanks in La Liga? The dream is becoming reality.

12. Sufjan Guzan

Sufjan Guzan Member+

Feb 13, 2016
    It honestly feels weird. It feels weird watching Dest at Barcelona. I'm gonna say it.

With Musah? Yeah I get the reaction to things instead of reading the game. That's ok. He's got the physical gifts to be able to react to things right now, but obviously you want to see the head catch up with the body at some point. For now, he's not a liability and that's massive at 17.

Pegasus repped this.
  13. Dervos

Dervos Member+

Mar 13, 2002
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Okay, I've watched enough random highlights to be an expert
    1. he is incredibly right-foot dependant
    2. he has an incredible right foot.

Once you key in on it, it is pretty mesmerizing. He runs and dribbles with his right foot through people like a rushing hockey player using their stick back and forth on the puck.

sXeWesley, felloveranddidanadu and Dizi repped this.
  14. KenC

KenC Member+

Jun 11, 2003
    The Brits wish we Yanks would continue to live "under a rock" cause they don't want us luring away their U-18 captain.

felloveranddidanadu repped this.
  15. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How dare GGG play him out of position, he is clearly a winger!

17. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I get the sense that the USA fans are reading a lot more into this than the England ones are.

sXeWesley repped this.
  18. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    He seems to have the athleticism - both strength and speed - to hang with the best. In this game, his positioning may have been only ok, he showed that he was trying to make quick decisions - they just weren't always good, and his touch was a little unreliable. I imagine the decision-making will improve, and I prefer players who appear to be thinking ahead, and he appears that way to my eyes. So my only concern left would be touch. But he sure seems starter-level for the USMNT - if he wants to be.

19. KenC

KenC Member+

Jun 11, 2003
    Methinks, you are reading alot more into this than the USA fans. It was only meant to be a wordplay joke, based upon the prior comment about living "under a rock". I have no idea what the England fans are up to.

20. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a hard time looking past this. It isn't the end-all / be-all but favoring one foot very heavily over another invariably limits a player.... especially one that is trying to dribble past players or attempting to slip passes into tight spaces. He is still so young and his right foot is certainly legit... but if he continues to be that right-foot dependent then I think it will limit how far he can go.

21. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Clearly, he's our new left back. Problem solved.

sXeWesley repped this.
  22. charlie kennan

charlie kennan Red Card

Feb 23, 2020
  23. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.witneygazette.co.uk/spo...grealish-backed-success-england-irish-switch/

“I know John (McDermott, assistant FA technical director) has spoken with the family and they know where we sit with it,” Southgate said.

“It sounds as though he’s going to meet with America this time and experience that. That doesn’t rule him out of being with us moving forward.

“So, we’ve just got to make sure that the boy and the family know that we think he’s a good player, that he’s on a good trajectory.

“We’re monitoring him. He’s been with us in the last couple of months and we’d very much like his future to be with us.”

England responds, also I think the comparison to the Declan Rice Irish-England saga is apt, could be seeing the same thing in a couple years

24. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    oh damn if England wants him then he's good as gone once they call him in.

25. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    And he might not be making the best career move if he does. When Jack Charlton was in charge of Ireland he would tell wavering dual nats who had realistic hopes of playing for England "if you come with us the tabloids will be a lot less interested in you". Then he'd get the guys playing for top sides (Liverpool, United, mid-80s Everton) to give the lad a call and explain how much more private their private lives were compared to their England MNT team mates and how much less flack they got for playing badly.

Of course Musah is playing in Spain, but Valencia will look to sell him soon enough and, after Real and Barca, England is the most likely destination