You've just hit the Powerball jackpot...How are you going to help American soccer?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by sanariot, Sep 25, 2003.

1. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hookers.

Lots and lots of hookers.

2. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd build that SSS in Urbandale for the Des Moines Menace, follow the Menace and Wizards around the country, and the US MNT around the world. My family would definitely be well represented at Deutschland 2006, South Africa 2010, and Brasil 2014. I'd quit my day job and do reffing and volunteer coaching (worth every dime they pay me) in my spare time.

3. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Party like Kid Rock. Me & Heather Mitts.

Ben & Jo Lo who?

4. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) Build two SSS's. One in Los Angeles, but make this one in downtown Los Angeles, near the Staples Center or Corn Fields. (for those of you not familiar with SoCal, Carson is hell+gone, unless you live in Long Beach, or the O.C.)

2) Bring a new team into the MLS (we can call it the L.A. Kings, since the NHL will be going tits-up in a year or two)

3) Buy the contracts for (these may seem random, but I have my reasons) Brad Friedel, Claudio Reyna, and Harry Kewell - and bring them here.

Oh, and I'd buy a submarine

5. joe guy

joe guy New Member

Apr 26, 2002
    Portland, OR
    What color?

6. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    Not to complain... aww, but who am I kiddin'?... but if you put a-league in OKC or Tulsa, it'd be nice to have teams a little closer than El Paso and Indianapolis for them to play against (travel costs, ya know, would end up comparable to MLS travel costs right now)...

So... if I had the $$$ and went the a-league route, I'd ferret out some cities in the south/southwest... kinda like Huey Lewis & the News...
    Tulsa, Austin, Oklahoma City...

Little Rock, Shreveport, Memphis, Wichita (KS), Albuquerque, San Antonio, etc, etc...

pick the cream of that crop (you know, civic involvement, fan support, facilities) and start some rivalries.

7. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    First I'd offer the Crew $3 million to name Columbus Crew Stadium after me for a year cuz all my old friends would think that's cool and it'd be a good 15 minutes of fame.

I'd quit my job ... see every Rapids game home and away for the summer.

Finally, I'd buy 10 or so season tickets and give them to some kind of kids charity. Hell, I'd have so much money, maybe I'd do that for every team.

Oh yeah, and I'd buy Heather Mitts for a year :-D

8. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'd hire prison labor to fill out Dragon Stadium.

9. zcgf02

zcgf02 New Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Houston
    1. Quit my job and finish my PhD

2. Move back to Northern California (near my parents) and buy an apartment on Long Island (near my wife's parents)

3. Build a SSS for the Earthquakes and attend every practice, pre-season game, and regular season game -- but I wouldn't sit in a luxury box. I'd have the same seat in the stands, every game, with the great unwashed masses who hadn't won the Powerball jackpot.

10. rmacc3ng

rmacc3ng New Member

Jul 18, 2001
    Winston-Salem, NC
    "I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time, man."