Youth Yanks Abroad and Keeping Track of them

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ATLGunner, Jan 29, 2008.

1. vfb_fan

vfb_fan Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Michael orozco, he is a starter for san luis.

2. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you have an American parent you are a US citizen whether you have a US passport or not. I have lots of friends who do not have passports, yet they are American citizens. The beauty of living in a country without a national ID. He is eligible for a US passport, that is all that matters.

3. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Using that logic then Winston Churchill should be considered one of the greatest AMERICANS of the 20th Century....but he's not. Wonder why?:rolleyes:

4. ugaaccountant

ugaaccountant New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    That logic is our countries citizenship rule. Many other countries have the same exact rule. If you have an American parent, you're an american.

5. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I understand that. What my point was that calling Fabian Johnson a YA is like calling Winston Churchill a great American. I have never found anyone who would argue that Chruchill was an American, despite his ability to have become one. Ergo, calling someone who has no liklihood of ever becoming an American a YA simply because he has a birth father who is American is specious reasoning at best.

But enough of this gay banter.

6. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why not, all he has to do is fill out a form and turn in two photos. If he ever wants to go to the US, it would make the trip a lot easier.

7. ozdale1

ozdale1 New Member

Nov 4, 2007
    I'm creating a site that will attempt to track all our players abroad (yanktracker.com). If you have any ideas for other things or features you'd like to see on the site let me know.

Cheers.

8. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Labeling someone a Yank for the purposes of this forum has never been intended to correspond directly to the formal potential to play for the USMNT. We already have national team forums for that. The issue was discussed quite a bit (ad nauseum, in the eyes of many of us) as Rossi's career blossomed, and it was decided then that we are not going to impose the more restrictive national-team related inclusion/exclusion criteria.

9. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Understood. So the criteria being American parentage the list should be much, much longer as there are a great many more players who have an American in the wood pile than the one contained in this thread.

I wonder if the Italian boards have Mastroeni listed as an Italian abroad?:)

10. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    You keep making it sound as though it'd be easy to round up a bunch more players with American parents that we don't already know about. If that's true, I'd love to know how to do it and I'm sure there are others who feel the same.

11. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Never said it was easy. Most countries have player DB's at the regional level and local level that note such things. If you had people in those countries on this list you could ask them to go through and post the results. Not definitive but more than what you have.