Youth Yanks Abroad, ‘01-‘04 YOBs (and younger): 2019/20 Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 20, 2019.

1. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Since first appearing for Dortmund in mid-January, Reyna has played in all of their matches, including in the Champions League. Keep in mind he's just two months too old to be eligible for the 2023 U20 cycle.

Pl@ymaker, TarHeels17 and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  2. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    Is Murphy confused? It was reported yesterday that BVB has an option in Reyna's original contract they can exercise that extends him to 2023. Or did BVB and Reyna renegotiate the whole deal to a new one that runs until 2023?

Since Reyna is not 18 until November, then he can't sign a deal longer than 3 years; so it seems Murphy is confused or this is a sort of pre-contract 6 months from the conclusion (without options) of his deal.

One way or another, Reyna was under contract. It would not surprise me if they did a new deal for more money as Gio is now an important first team player.

3. bpet15

bpet15 Member+

Oct 4, 2016
    I would venture to bet this is the case. It is common practice in Europe to reward players that become integral parts of the first team.

4. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1259179984893206530 is not a valid tweet id

If they get promoted, Konrad could see time in the Spanish second tier.

5. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    On the one hand, you gotta go where you're wanted. But if the Booth brothers are playing as Europeans, one wonders whether it's an advisable time to move out of Europe for the UK. The whole situation seems pretty up in the air -- and I suppose that, if things change, they could always go back if they had to.

6. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fifa has said that nothing will change with players going to and from England. In FIFA’s eyes they are still going to be part of Europe

7. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    Work permits have nothing to do with FIFA. It has to do with UK immigration policy.

STANDFAST repped this.
  8. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I have no idea what this means, though in spirit I'm sure the notion that many people -- or, at least, the big clubs -- would like things to remain effectively unchanged to be accurate.

This story (and others written around the same time) may represent the latest developments, though I could have missed something since.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ch-basic-agreement-post-brexit-player-quotas/

9. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Taylor and Zach have an uncanny ability to drive into space. I'm going to credit the parents (both soccer players) for it because I don't know where else it would've come from. It drives you crazy seeing most CM's not take the open space when they have it. These two kids do not hesitate, and drive forward into the open space as soon as they see it. It's a basic thing, but it's something that not every central midfielder does.

USSoccerNova, SCSAutism, Pegasus and 4 others repped this.
  10. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    Yeah, I remember Donovan saying that about Nagbe one time. He said to think of it like American football--if you have a guy can consistently advance the team's possession 10-15 yards on his own in the middle of the field, that's a pretty big deal.

11. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    fabulous insight. donovan in hindsight with a much higher soccer iq than i gave him credit for at the time

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  12. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It could also be genetic meaning passing down spatial awareness genes from one or both parents. Ever get mad a t the car in front of you who just can't seem to figure out when it's safe to make that left turn? I'd guess their spatial awareness is nil. You can work on what you have but either you see it or you don't.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  13. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This seems to be the US' secret weapon. No other country has as many soccer couples and the returns this generation have been incredible.

KUSA77, USSoccerNova and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  14. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    'Merika! Fu(king it's way to world sporting dominance!

SilentAssassin repped this.
  15. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Big, fast, good in the air, can run with the ball, left-footed. Not abundantly clear from this video how skilled he is, how good his combination play is or if his soccer IQ is good.

1260263973154369536 is not a valid tweet id

Patrick167 and bballshawn repped this.
  16. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  17. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Pepi was more likely to contribute, IMO.

18. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    No doubt. Pepi is going to get minutes and I expected Sealy to play another year with NTSC or perhaps go on loan to a USL Championship side. Now that that's off the table they may decide to give Sealy some off the bench minutes just to measure where he is. If the Open Cup is on that may be another opportunity. It really all depends on whether they deepen benches along with 5 subs. Besides FCD only has 3 true wingers. Everyone else that can play out there, it's not their natural position. With games every four or five days teams are going to have to play their reserves more and we'll see exactly what FCD thinks about his current readiness and potential.

19. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say Sealy has a shot because I don't like Mosquero very much. Haven't seen enough of Fafa to rate him yet.

20. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Totally agree on Mosquero but if he flops someone else is going to have to take those minutes and that may be Ferreira but if teams like PSV really are circling, giving Sealy a chance out there as a super sub could really raise his profile and price.

21. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
  22. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Can't finish for shit, but otherwise, there is a lot to like there.

twoolley and DHC1 repped this.
  23. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    '03 Nuremberg U17 midfielder Tyler Taber unfortunately has torn his ACL during training, according to his Instagram story. Now is in the hospital. He's been with the US U16s and Luxembourg U19s. Can happen to anyone, even when training on your own during this pandemic.

24. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    I agree it is an impressive highlight video imo.
    I haven’t actually seen him play much in full games and he gets mixed reviews here so I’m guessing he has some loose touches. He does look like he’s still growing into his body a good bit.