Youth Yanks Abroad, ‘01-‘04 YOBs (and younger): 2019/20 Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    1225849429623803904 is not a valid tweet id

Winoman repped this.
  2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #652 ussoccer97531, Feb 8, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    I suspect this is the Madrid division of the age group. 4th place in goals for Oliva.

1225876778452783110 is not a valid tweet id

Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  3. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--

sakibomb523, Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  4. Arantes

Arantes Member

Fluminense
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2018
    Kaile Auvray is definitely on the roster for the friendlies next week

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    1226247165711994880 is not a valid tweet id

6. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Johnny starts in a cup game.

Goal for Adrian Gill.

Winoman, Peretz48 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  7. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    Johnathan Gomez is in Germany on trial with a number of teams with interest from many. I think he is also working on getting a passport so he can go over before he is 18. Good luck to him and look forward to seeing him flourish in the European System.

TarHeels17, don Lamb, KUSA77 and 8 others repped this.
  8. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I heard he might have access to a Spanish passport.

TarHeels17, Pl@ymaker and dougtee repped this.
  9. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    where in the bundesliga is the best development stop for young defenders? having watched a ton of dortmund matches im guessing its not there lol

10. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    I think its in the works but not sure how it will work out. Also heard Nico was back from Germany after being on trial with a team and heading back over there in a few weeks for more trials.

Johan was injured at Porto but think he is on the way to health and hopefully back in the mix with Porto this spring. Good things to come from these boys.

11. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    Considering how many attacking players and midfielders we have had in the league, there are not many examples of American defenders to draw from. Kind of a mirror of MLS...

Subotic came through Mainz, Brooks came through Hertha, Chandler came through at Nurnberg, Johnson at 1860 Munich but was more of a winger obviously.

12. David Kerr

David Kerr Member+

United States
    Oct 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per his instagram story Jonathan Gomez is training at FC Freiburg today. Most likely would be with their u19's.

Runhard and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  13. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I rather him sign with dallas than Freiburg

Stupid_American repped this.
  14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    He’s been at some other clubs. No harm, no foul, IMO, to train at a good level for the time being. Maybe these clubs will offer him a better deal than FCD would.

Look what Sargent did. He didn’t sign with the best club he could. Instead, he was fast-tracked into the first team. If the same happens for Gomez at a lesser Bundesliga club, it wouldn’t be a bad option.

15. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    I think Sargent made a disastrous choice and his reasoning was laughable.

16. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Sargent has been given a chance to play. He hasn’t played that well this season, so he’s not playing much now, but we shouldn’t use that for why it would be bad if Gomez chose one of these smaller Bundesliga teams.

TarHeels17 repped this.
  17. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    #667 Clint Eastwood, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Shrug. Who the hell knows.

It seems like Jonathan wasn't interested in signing for FCD at the salary offers that were made. And that's fine. He wasn't under contract. He's free to pursue other opportunities.

Freiburg is a good academy. I don't know why that would be a bad destination for him.

As far as Josh Sargent goes, I don't know what people are talking about. I know they're in the relegation zone now. But Werder Bremen has spent one season outside the Bundesliga since 1963. For the last decade they've been reliably mid-table. What? Did people expect Bayern Munich to sign Josh Sargent? I didn't. Now its up to Josh Sargent to develop................................

18. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    didnt we hear a ton about how poor a fit freiburg was for mendez, which comports back with the sargent example of his being linked to bigger clubs but choosing the one willing to get him to the first team faster? getting good advice obviously a huge part of this.

Stupid_American repped this.
  19. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think we are seeing that Mendez wasn't all that good, and he didn't make his way into the first team after last season because they didn't think he's good enough. He's a rotation player in the Ajax reserves. Would it have been so much better to be a starter in the Freiburg reserves?

I would not use that example as a reason why Gomez shouldn't sign with Freiburg.

TarHeels17 and LuckofLichaj repped this.
  20. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Going to a smaller BL team might be good if a player knows why he is going there. Sargent's reason according to him was that Bremen looked similar to KC. Sure. Somebody really brainwashed him, probably was promised A team as well. Supposedly he had offers from BVB, Schalke, top Dutch teams famous for their development, but he goes to Werder.

21. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    Frieberg survives by grinding results with a gritty style. Mendez is a possession, use the ball, 10. It was not the best fit; Ajax is and Mendez is happy there.

But none of that applies to a defender really. Freiberg is probably a good spot for a defender.

dougtee repped this.
  22. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Obviously been in the works awhile

1228153369426001920 is not a valid tweet id

SCSAutism, Runhard, DHC1 and 7 others repped this.
  23. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    '05 Brooklyn Raines is currently training at La Masia. He was reportedly a standout at US U14 camps last year.

24. kingshark

kingshark Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Anyone knows whether Wolfsburg FC gonna pay Solidarity payment to LA Galaxy in this case?

25. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    They'll have to pay training compensation to the Galaxy. Solidarity payments are if they eventually sell him.

TarHeels17, kingshark and Pl@ymaker repped this.