Youth squads

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Husker, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Husker

Husker New Member

Mar 14, 1999
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was curious what the clubs thoughts were regarding the US Developmental Academy. I know that the Wizards currently do not have a team in it but was wondering if they planned to do so. I see that there is a big showcase event this weekend with over 80 teams down in Frisco. Events like this would be a great opportunity for the kids to face some quality competition and to get some additional coaching from quality coaches.

Just wondering what everyone else thought of this.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Wizards youth team I believe is playing in leagues around Kansas City. I think it'd be good if they were playing stiffer competition, but they are only in their second year. That aside, they did finish second in the first SUM Cup.

3. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The U-15 and U16 actually played in another tourney. Here's the youth news page

IMO it would be really nice to see a lot more news on this system as I think KC and surrounding areas have some really good talent.

4. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    plus it is one of the best ways to really connect to your city.

5. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I'd also like to see a schedule, when they can make one, for the teams so that fans/supporters can go check out the Youth team play.