Youth Ranks|Tournaments, players, etc.

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by invein, Nov 19, 2008.

1. invein

invein New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Arlington, VA
    There was recently a national u-20 tournament in which La Paz and Santa Cruz were the finalists. When's the game being played? Do you guys know any news from rising younger players?

2. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Game was already played, La Paz got PWN3D, Santa Puej Champions

Sub-20 Sudamericano en Enero
    We're in a group with Peru, Paraguay, Brasil y Venezuela. Good chance to advance.

3. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  4. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  5. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
  6. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    14 yr old Josue Guthrie is off to join Italian side Brescias youth program. He's been with Tahuichi, Semillero, Real America and is currently on the Universidad youth team. Some Italian scout saw him play and made the deal happen. Good luck to him, hopefully he takes advantage of this chance and we hear from him again in 4 years. He's a forward.

http://www.eldeber.com.bo/2009/2009-01-07/vernotadeportes.php?id=090106231059

7. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Dudes got a big head. In 6-8 years, we are going to be among the top 5 teams in South America. We've always had great youth talent, but now they are faster and bigger, and seem to be getting good opportunities to grow their game.

Article was a good read.

8. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    [​IMG]

http://www.eldeber.com.bo/2009/2009-02-16/vernotadeportes.php?id=090215221324
    Another kid we might want to keep an eye on is 11yr old Clovis Roca. Yes I know, 11 is young, but Lorgio Suarez was playing libertadores at 14 so who knows. Little Clovis is a #10 and has stood out in the youth tournaments of the Asociación Cruceña de Fútbol, he has also been a standout in two tournaments down in Argentina. Too young and anything can happen but let's hope he continues to improve and haves fun while doing it, lord knows we need a #10.

9. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We have our own Freddy Adu? :D

10. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Bolivia is snowing more talent :D

11. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    You mean little Clovis is really 22:p

Update: Andres Martin Rivero
    [​IMG]

Anyone remember this kid. He was mentioned a while back in a previous thread. He was with one of Rivers youth squads then was in no mans land in some regional team and now he's reappeared. He is now part of one of the Boca youth teams. He just turned 17 a few days ago, and apparently is hoping to be called up to the Sub17 team by the "coach" Villegas. What do you guys think, should he get a call up. Villegas is an idiot and his talent evaluation is uber sketchy so I don't know how to feel if he does or doesn't get called up.

http://www.eldeber.com.bo/2009/2009-03-02/vernotadeportes.php?id=090301225714

"Andrés Rivero espera que el técnico de la selección boliviana sub 17, Óscar Villegas, le brinde una chance para jugar el torneo Sudamericano de la categoría, a disputarse en Iquique (Chile) el próximo mes. “Tengo muchas ganas de que me tomen en cuenta, pero eso no depende de mí”,

12. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Truthfully, if the kid is getting hype, why not give him a shot? If he doesnt look all that in training let him go.....

13. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Apparently our U17 team lost against the yanks in some type of cuadrangular tourney down in Argentina. Final score 2-1 for the yanks.

Looking at the teams it seems this was some sort of thrown together team we had playing and the yanks had their best team (which some of them are saying is one of the best U17 teams they've had) Eventhough we lost I still think it's good that they played such a different team. From the report it seems we were pretty soundly beaten in set pieces and with stamina and physical attributes. Would be nice if we could get our top guys on this team but oh well. BTW VIllegas is an idiot:p

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/66/u...172012/us-u-17s-bowl-over-bolivia-in-friendly

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^Haha I read that in my Blackberry last night. I was about to post that up!

Yea the US has a star, that martinez kid mentioned, hes colombian-american but is said to be a siiiiick player. He's apparently a classic '10'.

I dont know much about bolivia, but its interesting to see that they gave the US a run for their money, as the US youth at least at that level is one of the best teams in the world.

15. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Our awesome:rolleyes: coach Villegas has officially announced that Alex Pontons, who plays in AC Milans youth ranks, will not be part of our Sub17 team that will play in the Sudamericano.

Both brothers have now been left off of the teams. His older brother (also plays in AC Milan youth teams) was left off of the Sub20 team for no apparent reason. I find it hard to believe he wasn't good enough to make the team that showed up to the Sub20 tourney. His younger brother will now be left off because apparently Milan hadn't yet given permission for him to join the team. I can't really blame Milan for dragging their feet, after all they gave his older brother permission to leave Italy and play with the Sub20, only to have Villegas decide he didn't want him on the team after having already called him in.

I hate Villegas, I hate that an incompetent mediocre "DT" like him is in charge of all our youth teams. I hate that Platini has absolutely no coordination or communication with the youth coach or "proceso". I hate FBF:mad:

http://www.eldeber.com.bo/2009/2009-04-10/vernotadeportes.php?id=090409234957

16. invein

invein New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Arlington, VA
    Wondered about the Pontons brothers too. And so far no explanation.

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They must not fit into the 'coaches plans' IMO, aka he doesnt like their playing style. Thats how it always is, coaches have their favorites, and even at that level its no different. He might even have something against them seeing how the yare coming from milan... maybe he doesnt like that? who knows, its all speculation until its made public.

18. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hmm...I think one was to old for the U-17 and the other one wasn't released by Milan even though he was already in Santa Cruz

19. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    His older brother was too old for the U17, but he was not too old for the Sub20 which bombed out at the sudamericano. He was mysteriously left off the team even though he trained with them from day one. Now, was he just not good enough to make the team, of course, but I find that hard to believe considering some of the players that were taken in his place.

The younger brother we're now talking about, was to play for the Sub17, but as stated Milan dragged their feet on granting him permission to play for the national team, and Villegas got tired of waiting and said he will not longer be in consideration for the team. Like i posted earlier, Milan gave permission for the older Pontons brother to leave Milan and join the Sub20 team, only to have this same coach leave him off completely. I can't really blame Milan for not jumping to attention when Villegas once again called in one of their players, this time the younger Pontons brother.

20. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Not good.

If these kids are playing in Milan, then they must have both speed and size. Bolivian coaches that don't appreciate these attributes are normally oldschool futbolito lovin type coaches.

LOL! I still can't believe a prodigy like MARTINS was over looked. Only in Bolivia.

We need Futbol educated people on top. I am convinced that this tornament will be a repeat of what happend with our sub 20s. theyre going to get lost in the final quarter of the field.

This sucks.

21. invein

invein New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Arlington, VA
    I think the prospects are much better. There are at least 5 players who were in the u 20 team, and I thought they did really good then, of course without the results. I'm a bit optimistic about this and they seem to be excited as well. We'll see.

22. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Yes it looks like Villegas has all his eggs in this basket. I still think the guy is an incompetent and mediocre DT no matter how we do in this tourney. He really has no excuse for this tournament, anything less than getting out of our group is an utter failure to me. Either way I hope he gets canned asap.

23. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I was really impressed with the way Bolivia played. Either Columbia sucks real bad, or Bolivia has a seriously good team.

1-1 is not bad, but Bolivia had opportunities to win this game. I'm extremely tired right now, but I couldn't be happier.

24. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I don't know what are you talking about...Both teams sucked pretty bad! I don't see Bolivia going to the world cup unless they show some serious improvement against Paraguay on Monday.

25. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Bolivia played a solid game. Bolivia just about stripped the ball away everytime the columbians had the ball. We weren't wasteing time with that futbolito crap futbol we normally play; we played soccer and had over 10 shots on goal. We attacked with purpose. The way we played wasn't that pretty, but the style we played was far more efficient then what I'm used to seeing us play.

You might be used to the Bolivian Futbolito stuff, but I'm sick of it. I want out nats to play futbol.