U15-U17-U20-YNT

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by lguti9, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Panama has 9...gracias Salvadorans.

Not to brag but I pointed out before the tournament that Lara was the best coach in the tournament. Just saying.

slaminsams repped this.
  2. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Cuanto falta?

3. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    It's done ES wins 2-0 and Guatemala is through

4. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Se acabo esa mierda. Ojala se logre mejorar. Idk HOW Beneficial Would be to change the coach, but the important thing is we live to fight another day. Anyways

Gracias cheros y gracias Juan Carlos Guerra ( if I was Panamanian I'd be pissed they had a guatemalan referee but I'm not so gives a ********).

5. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Very disappoiinting despite still qualifying.

6. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Seriously, the Nicaragua game was hard to watch. There was so many missed opportunities and just awful finishing. I get the guys are tired but it was rough.

edcalvi repped this.
  7. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    As pissed as I was, I think for someone who was given 2 months to prepare he did a good job. So he has the chops, BUT, he NEEDS other players. Just really hope they have backup from the Fed to be able to get the players needed.

8. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I agree dude. I was pissed off at the time too so wasn't thinking straight. If we're being pragmatic then he did his job, especially knowing he had significantly less time than his opponents. Having said, we can't overlook the manner in which it was obtained.

Also, I agree the Federation has to get this team important friendlies. As for the players missing, most if not all are already in guate. Los de afuera, either they aren't good enough, don't have time to come to Guate and develop any chemistry, or are better off at this point in their careers left to develop in their clubs.

Oh here's an interview with Gonzalez

*He says there will be a camp of only goalkeepers, which I really like.

*His mentioning of God at every turn reminded me of sopegno in a bad way. I find it off putting really, it's like it takes the responsibility away from your hands, but maybe I'm just still pissed off at him idk.

*Finally his assistant se ve medio pasmado haha

edcalvi repped this.
  9. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    1. Obviously he realizes Lemus is god awful and needs better, especially in the WCQ's

2. Yeeeeeeah, i'm with you. Great that he's religious. However you're still there to do a job, and that should be the focus here.

3. Could be nerves, but if he's helping get results the less on camera time the better.

Chul0 repped this.
  10. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Altan (18) & John Méndez(17) are rumored to start today for Municipal against Xelajú. I've been saying they should be the ones leading this u-20. Too bad I won't be able to watch it :'(

As a crema, I can't help being envious yet happy Municipal is slowly integrating their youth players. It wasn't long ago Cremas and sopegno were doing s9 by
    playing with Enoc, Mejia, Kendell, Ceballos, Ordoñez, etc. Now we waste them and let them leave (Ortiz, Elias) :'(

I won't be surprised if Municipal dominates the NT call ups in the coming years (maybe it means we will go back to being competitive like '06????)

Just off the top of my head they have

Hagen, Jiménez, Altan, Mendez, Lemus, Martinez, Joel Mota, etc.

11. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Altan should definitely be called up. Kid is raw talent and can only get better. Could even see him going abroad. How awesome would that be.

12. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones

David Ramos will play with the colorado rapids u-18. He was the right back in Memin's last u-17. Very attacking. Let's hope he can further develop and give us a hand in February.

On a side note, it's baffling that erick gonzalez only called 3 players from that starting line up (one of them it's Gilder wtf). There are some of those players who could help us in theory.

Already in the squad
    *Gilder Lemus - GK
    *Fernando Fuentes - CB
    *Esteban Garcia - ST/RW

Should be tried
    *John Méndez -AM
    *Abel Lemus - LW
    *Victor Valdez -LB
    *David Ramos - RB
    *Diego Lima - RW

13. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    U-20 call up
    2016-08-04 12.48.39.png
    I'm glad he finally called john mendez. Not only has he been a starter for Municipal senior team sp far, but he hasn't look out place at all. Let's hope he can the one to take a lil pressure out of Altan since Guay couldn't. Also, I'm glad Richard Rodriguez is in too. He made his debut for Cremas not long ago. So it means that at least the coach is watching.

14. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Call up for the U-20
    CpsSfmwUsAAht_U.jpeg
    Well I guess our Coach isn't watching the league. I mean I haven't been watching much and I know about 3 eligible players that have debut already. One of them has even been a key player for Marquense. And surprisingly they all been left out. Rodrigo Reznik (17 year old, GK, Antigua), Richard Rodriguez (18, CM, Cremas), & Carlos Alvarado (17, CM, Marquense). I don't even know why I get mad anymore. Ni ni siquiera llama a abel lemus :mad::mad:

Well at least he's calling John Méndez finally. A couple of months too late but still:thumbsup::thumbsup:

15. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones

Ya empezo, our players already paying for the mistakes of others :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

16. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Luckily, we ended up doing the trip. So far we won one and lost the other. We will also be facing the US NT twice so that will be extremely beneficial. At this point, results shouldn't matter, the goal should be to give the players the "roze" they lack.

17. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    See, it's this kind of B/S that kills us. We're all wishy washy, can't confirm if we're going, then we cancel, and out of no where it's happening.

Our fed is so un-organized and just un-professional.

18. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Speaking of wishy washy, now that the fed is getting suspended well have to cancel the camp midway once again. We seriously suck at being organized

19. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Ctjq1LSXYAAHLwc.jpeg

Calendar for the Uncaf u17. I like Tono but I don't feel he has much talent to work with this cycle.

20. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Was Brolin Valdizon the only sub-17 player called up to the U-20 team? If so, Tono has ALOT of work ahead of him.

21. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    What do you mean?

22. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones

I like it :)

edcalvi repped this.
  23. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
  24. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    So angry reading that....

25. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Same, and as much as it sucks for the kids to miss on this great experience I'm already dreading the future. The long term effects for the u20 next cycle will be sing by the lack of "rodaje" they'll have. This will set us behind once again.