U15-U17-U20-YNT

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by lguti9, Apr 18, 2012.

1. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Awesome. Panama is always strong at U20. Big upset in their house.

2. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Will ES be down any key players for our game?

3. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    No, we have all our players

4. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Agree. I still enjoy how pipino has them playing tho. The only difference between this and their '15 generation is their effectiveness in front of goal. It's a good thing they didn't bring Ismael Diaz. Though they'll probably bring him if they qualify for the premundial.

Anyways, I wonder who will replace Durban, cause the other holding midfielder we have is Axel Reyes (also suspended). I think it will be Palma or maybe try Valdizon there who knows.

As for the CB pairing, let's hope Yaquian and Fuentes can perform adequately.

5. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    CnIDFieWEAEazx9.jpeg

So this is supposedly the lineup for tonight. Idk how I feel about so many changes. I do understand the need to refresh the first 11 after 2 exhausting games. But El Salvador shouldn't be taken lightly. Though it'd be helpful to see how the "bench" players perform, you know in case we need them in the premundial.

Oh, and this Goalkeeper Looks Even Shorter (And Fat too) Than Gilder, I refused to believe we don't have any taller goalkeepers.

6. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    It's official, Gilder Lemus retains his place but the rest of lineup remains as above.

I think we're gonna attack them from the get go. Especially since we have two # 10's in the lineup (Altan & Rac)

7. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    We're playing like shit and ********ing referee just gifted them a penalty

El Slv 1 guate 0

8. Evolute

Evolute Member

May 11, 2010
    MD
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    We're back in it!
    El Slv 1 - Guate 1

Chul0 repped this.
  9. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Golazo de altan .... first change the lb gonzalez que a sido una avenida para los Salvadorans se va y entrance Edgar Gonzalez

10. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    HT 1-1

No hemos jugado bien but we're getting a draw. Miguel gonzalez and Gilder shouldn't play, they ********ing suck.

There have been two changes already

In: Out:
    Gonzalez. Miguel
    Zuñiga. Palacios

11. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Gooooooool de martinez de penal

No jugamos bien pero ganamos .....como que aprendimos de los uruguayos en los amistosos lmfao

12. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Error en salida y 2-2

The referee is awful and gives Rac a second yellow ....so red card

He just gave a straight red to el salvador as well....hmmmm este arbitro hondureno es una mierda

13. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    FT. 2-2.

*Nos complicamos de mas, let's hope we don't shit the bed against Nicaragua.

* José Martinez, Rac, Gilder Lemus, Rodrigo Marroquin, & Brolin will miss the next game iirc.

* Hay varios jugadores que sobran....Gilder, Miguel, Yaquian, Rac, Palma, Palacios estan de mas. It's time to call john mendez, Abel lemus, etc.

* in the absence of estrada this team becomes Pedro altan +10

edcalvi repped this.
  14. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    These bench players were AWFU. It really was Altan +10, especially the last 30 minutes, The midfield and back line were gassed, lost and caused them to give up the second goal.

I'm not trying to take away from ES because they showed more speed than I expected and they were easily passing the midfield to setup an attack within a couple touches.

However, we played better, and it should have been a W with 3 points, but the team just could not keep up with Altan and the other starters.

Hopefully the staff saw how depleted these bench players were and make some big changes in callups, if we qualify for the next round.

15. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I don't think we necessarily played better but I did get the impression we had the better chances, so getting a draw (just like against honduras) left a bitter taste.

We did look gassed out but it's understandable. It's not easy playing 3 games in 6 days. But let's see how honduras looks playing 5 in a row.

Also, I feel that Gonzalez made two huge mistakes. One was his list (took only two DM's and both were starters, axel &durban ; took "hard workers over talented ones which left Altan isolated). The other was his staring lineup (had to make 2 changes in the 1st half, that should tell u everything).

Now we have to beat a nicaragua that has nothing too lose, facing a guate with a couple of absences. Though 3 key & experienced players return. Let's hope a disaster of Copa Oro against cuba proportions does not happen.

However, if we qualify for the premundial, Erick Gonzalez has a lot to think about. Not only about the assemble of the squad, but the tactics as well.

Finally, this is what I think about the players so far:

1. Gilder Lemus: Shouldn't be starting, maybe not even in the squad.

2. Fernando Fuentes: Definitely not a starter but would be helpful to have him as the 4th choice. Especially since he'll still qualify for the next u-20 cycle (1999).

3. Miguel Gonzales: Shouldn't be a starter, maybe not even in the squad.

4. Carlos Estrada: Definite starter and captain. He's next to Altan, our best player. The only reason he got two yellows was for speaking up, rightly so, to the referees about the opposite teams kicking the shit out of Altan. Future mainstay of the senior NT.

5. Durban Reyes: Starter, he's the glue that connects defense to attack.

6. Rodrigo Marroquin: Fighting for a starting place. At least deserves to be part of the squad.

7. Esteban Garcia: At this point, starter.

8 Axel Reyes: Definitely in the starting lineup. Though I'd like to see how he does as a CM too.

9. José Martinez: Starter. If he continues he's development he'll be the next great forward for the senior NT.

10. Pedro Altan: La nueva joya del futbol chapin. Enough said.

11. Daniel Guay: Has dissapointed but should be part of the squad.

12. Angel Castro: N/A, but I mean, Gilder benched him so...

13. Jaime Palma: Not impressed. I don't think he should be part of the squad but he's only played 45 mins so idk.

14. Brolin Valdizon: Atm starter. He will also be part of the next u-20 cycle in 2019 (born 1999).

15. José Rac: He was great as a sub against Honduras but crappy as a starter against El Slv. So maybe he deserves a chance in the squad.

16. Edgar Gonzalez: Only part of squad.

17. Felipe Ucros: N/A

18. Esnaidy zuñiga: I like the few times he attacked against el Slv. Quick feet and great link up play. Definitely part of the squad and outside chance of starting. Also he still qualifies for the next cycle (1999) as well.

19. Brando Yaquian: Not impressed. If there are better defenders he shouldn't be in the squad.

20. Jorge Palacios: Not impressed. Both John Méndez & Abel Lemus are more deserving of his place in the squad.

16. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    ES beat Nicaragua 4-0 and finishes the tournament with 4 points. So regardless of the outcome Saturday we're still in the WCQ's in CR.

17. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Not yet dude. If Panama and El Salvador tie the next game and we lose against Nicaragua they both go through due to better goal difference. They have +5 & +3 respectively. Where we only have +1.

So we only need a draw against Nicaragua, o en su defecto, for there to be a winner in the Pan-Slv game. Since we play before them we should at least tie and not depend on a hypothetical sketchy game.

Now if we wanna win the tournament we have to beat nicaragua by at least 3 goals. If we beat them 2-0, HON and GT will have the exact same #'s, so we'd End Up Sharing the accomplishment.

18. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Updates hijos míos.

19. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Puta ya andas bolo? Haha

Here's a juicy update. Whatever happens tomorrow Erick Gonzalez will either get fired or quit, unless they can talk things out which I doubt.

Apparently, he tried to fight the press delegate today. He didn't like the guy taking pictures of them (I mean it's the dude's job).

It all started with the negligence of the Federation. They didn't send a delegado (who's in charge of the logistics, like getting the pitches to train, take the injured players to the hospital, etc). So guess who ended up doing this job ? Erick Gonzalez. ...

Idk if you seen the pictures of where they've trained pero son puros potreros. ..So I guess Erick felt it painted his work in a bad light, idk.

Either way, this is a case of misplaced anger. And though I understand the pressure he's in. There's no excuse to resort to violence. Especially when you're in charge of leading group at a volatile age.

Ultimately, our soccer will suffer again. Not only did we start later than everyone, but we might have to start all over again (that's if we don't ******** up tomorrow). Unless, they can bury th hatchet and the FED pretends this never happen. Though judging by recent history (Wanchope, Piojo), I highly doubt it.

So who'll be the next coach ? Memin? Claveri? Gardiner? Plata? At this point I don't really care. This comision normalizadora is just as shitty as previous people in charge.

edcalvi repped this.
  20. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    How I hate being right.

Tenemos uno mas y lo perdemos 0-1...estoy como la gran puta

21. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Perdimos 0-1 y seguramente estamos eliminados, unless there's a winner in the other game. Tuvimos un chingo de llegadas y 6 postes....una de esas solo empujar.

Even worse, Altan salio inconsiente let's hope they can take him to the hospital (no hay delegado para llevar a hospital wtf?????

If by some miracle we qualify .....los que no tienen ni mierda que hacer ahi

*Erick Gonzalez y su cuerpo tecnico
    *Gilder Lemus
    * Angel castro
    * Miguel Gonzales
    * Brandon Yaquian
    * José Rac
    * y el pendejo patas chuecas de Palacios .....

I'm pissed off, so hay me entero el lunes si pasamos

22. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    The salvies are giving us a massive hand

They're winning 2-0

Panama has 10 men....the referee is guatemalan so...

23. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Time?

24. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones