Youth Football Rankings

Discussion in 'Statistics and Analysis' started by Matt121, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Matt121

Matt121 New Member

Melbourne City
    Australia
    Jun 17, 2011
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    So looking through the rankings of some of the major sports, some of these leagues have a youth ranking which would determine how good a team a team is at youth level. So with that thought in mind, I am currently creating a ranking for the youth teams in football with my first area going to be in the U-20 Males. This will be done by a set point system which I have created and will only factor in the continental and World Cup which might lead to some interesting results.

Nicola1975 repped this.
  2. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why not just make Elo ratings?

3. Gibraldo

Gibraldo Member+

radnicki nis
    Serbia
    Nov 17, 2005
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    How is it going?

i would be interested to contribute.

i want to mention an interesting aspect.

A simple ranking is not fair indeed, as there are different players every cicle and for example the generation of Serbia u20 2015 is not able to defend the title 2017.

The U20 of today is the U19 of last year and so on.

So maybe it is better to make a ranking by birth year cicles, which are the base for who is eligible to play at a tournament and who is not.

Like a ranking for those born 1995 and later, on for those born 1996 and later, a.s.o.

In that case the archivements of the u20 generation of serbia 2015 and those of U19 of serbia 2014 (semi finals in the U19) are summed up, giving them propably a top position in the 1995 generation ranking.