Youth Academy

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by alky13, Aug 16, 2009.

1. alky13

alky13 Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Manchester/NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there any word on the development, I had remember hearing that this was to be established per-MLS mandate. But anything substantial yet?

2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that Seattle Union? They made an announcement a month or so ago that they were unifying all of Seattle's premier league teams under the Seattle Union label. No idea if that is the youth academy or if I'm remembering things incorrectly.

3. alky13

alky13 Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Manchester/NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm fairly certain that the FO had said that they want to co-exist with other academies in the area, so I don't think it so.

I bring this topic up as I have been reading that the Dynamo Academy is showing well in Europe. They defeated Rangers 4-0. I keep up with the Spanish tabloids also, one paper said that theyre product is comparable to that of the top 5 in the La Liga. They lost 1-0 to Barca. A team that hasn't been held to one goal in over a year.

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The kids seem to always do fairly well in these tourneys.. That’s probably a good sign for the future. ;) Inwouldn’t mind a few more Jordan Morris’s and Deandre Yedlins coming out.

6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States