Youri Djorkaeff on walk-about, again.

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by goalscorer111, Sep 30, 2006.

1. goalscorer111

goalscorer111 New Member

Jan 23, 2004
  2. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: No Youri

"Red Bulls coach Bruce Arena is expected to comment on Djorkaeff's absence after the match."

The only thing that should come out of his mouth is " Cya Bye".

3. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If the club didn't know about this in advance (with CHIRAC :eek: FFS), then Youri (I'm sorry to say) looks to be a complete a**hole after all :( :mad:

4. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    Asi es amigos. Our dear friend Youri Djorkaeff decided to take a trip to France to help the French President with some humanitarian work. Youri was invited by the president of France and decided to skip the game vs Chicago. This shows us how committed Youri really is with the team. Instead of helping his team to qualify, he makes another big mistake like the one during the world cup. Only in MLS.

5. Kelly Hrdina

Kelly Hrdina Member

RBNY
    United States
    Oct 22, 2001
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Can't we revoke his work visa or something? He needn't bother to come back to the US.

6. Juan Luis Guerra

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    Re: Youri Djorkaeff takes another personal trip to France.

By the way, this information was confirmed by the Red Bull' Spanish Radio show, just minutes before the game vs Chicago.

7. Exit16W

Exit16W New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Reston VA

They should redecorate his apartment while he is gone with an Italian national theme! With a big MURAL of the Italian national team holding the WC Trophy!

8. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton

If it comes out that his mother died... will you guys change your opinion?

9. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

10. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton

I am a huge Youri fan.

But anyone that believes that he was commited to Red Bull this season is just not paying attention.

11. wrightcor

wrightcor New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Maryland

Yeah, by the sounds of the game recap on MLS.net he may not return.

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20060930&content_id=74268&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

"The Red Bulls were without French World Cup winner Youri Djorkaeff, who was in Armenia on an official visit with French President Jacques Chirac, according to a team spokesman. It is unknown if Djorkaeff, who also missed a month of the season to be with his ailing mother in France, will return."

12. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia

I guess he figured the "my mother is sick" excuse wasn't gonna fly again.

Will be interesting to see if he pops up again on TV when France plays their next qualifier this weekend.

13. DSM1

DSM1 New Member

Apr 9, 2005
    Hillsboro, Oregon

I am also a Youri fan, but this is ridiculous. On the other hand, with Altidore scoring goals maybe The Bruce no longer cares.

14. Juan Luis Guerra

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    Dear Youri

I used to like you a lot, but this time you FFFFFFUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKK it up. You mess up again. NO mas excusas.

15. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is the only stuff i read about the Arena's so-called "comments, which happen not to be quotes, although it comes from MLSnet so it must be reliable, unlike their matchtracker ;)
    http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20061001&content_id=74350&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp
    "Altidore had an idea he'd be in the starting lineup when he trained with the first team Wednesday. The decision was an easy one for Arena, who left an injured Edson Buddle off the team sheet and another option up front, Youri Djorkaeff, was in Armenia on an official visit with French president Jacques Chirac.

Arena expects Djorkaeff to be back at training this week."

16. christi

christi Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I hope he doesn't come back, and - finally - the club realizes you can't hope for performances with a washed out ex-football star who obviously doesn't care about MLS or NYRB.

17. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This tells me that everyone is just going through the motions, with so little of his final season left, to avoid further embarassment.

Agree completely with crusio on both points.

18. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I like this idea better.

19. Exit16W

Exit16W New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Reston VA
    U wonder why he did not retire before the season started. So that this shvt did not happen and become a distraction at the most important time of the season. You could tell that since his return from the WC that he did not want to be here he should have just stayed in France which would have opened up money and a SI spot. I wish i could just decide towork when ever I felt like it bloody atheletes.

20. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY

i don't think its a distraction actually, i think its a motivator for the team when they're playing without him.

21. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Serioulsy, I hope he gets booed everytime he touches the ball and then gets subbed.*

*At a home game I might add...

This is rediculous. We are fighting for a play off spot, and Youri is off kissing babies doing humantarian work. I have nothing against the work he is doing, it is great, just do it when it doesnt interfere with your job.

I can understand an injury/sickness, I can understand a family crisis, but this is a punch in the nuts.

22. Soccerdude redded

Oct 14, 1999
    NY
    That why the GS was full of RB fans it practically
    looked empty. You know what, GS looks good in HD when it's empty.

23. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    It's nice of Youri to be able to fit the game into his hectic schedule.

I'm sure he'll get the same nice applause at the regular season finale he always does because he's such a "class act".

24. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am tired of this french a hole. For once and fo rall release him to send a message to future a holes that want to take our money and are not committed we will not tolerate it. Bench his arse.

25. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this does demonstrate that Youri isn't particularly committed to the team, but I also think it's a bit much to call him an a-hole, a nut-puncher, etc. I'm not a RBNY fan, but I know some Armenian guys who are American citizens who would definitely go AWOL from their jobs to go to Armenia on a diplomatic mission too - this is a country and an ethnic group whose existence has been threatened for a while. Nonetheless, it does show where his priorities lie, and I think it's a slap in the face to the league. He should just retire. I'm glad you guys were able to win this week without him.