Your top 5 coaching candidates for the Chicago Fire.

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Thebizkit, May 12, 2007.

1. Thebizkit

Thebizkit New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    The following is my list for guys who I would like to see coach this team if Dave is Fired.

1. Jorge Campos- If your looking for an impact name especially in the Hispanic community you try to sign this former Mexican Soccer star. I believe hes an assistant coach for the Mexican national side but I'm pretty sure if you offer the right amount of money that this guy would come over and coach this team. Obviously not a quite guy and played both defense and offense and has been coaching since 2000 so experience should not be a problem.

2/3 If Bob Bradley doesnt get the National job full-time and someone else comes in that might put 2 great candidates on the block in Bob Bradley and Piotr Nowak, both have proven to be winners and can lead a team to the finals. Yes Bob Bradley would be a re-do but heck this guy is light years better then Dave at this point and hopefully we can get him back.

4. Eric Wynalda- NO BS absolute gamer who will not be afraid to kick some ass with this team. Hates Bruce Arenas isnt that enough reason to bring him out of the both and make him our manager? Everything about this guy tells me that he would inject some well needed life into this club and its fans, dont forget this is the same guy who said and I quote "Jim Rome can suck my d**k! And he should be very afraid, because I’m the kind of guy, if I get too many drinks in me, I will club his ass."

5. Elmar Bolowich (UNC Mens Soccer Coach) - 18 years of developing and teaching soccer in UNC hes turned them into one of the best soccer programs in the country and arguably has been the best NCAA coach in the last 6 years and has churned out a couple of good MLS guys as well as won the NCAA Championship in 01. Knows his soccer and could really help out our young Fire team.

2. salparadisejr

salparadisejr Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Hollywood, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arsene Wenger

(you didn't say realistic candidates!)

3. IlliniOnFire

IlliniOnFire Hostile AND Abusive

Oct 8, 2006
    Southern Illinois
    If Bob Bradley is available I would grab him in a heartbeat

Although the thought of making Waldo put his money where his mouth is is interesting

4. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frank Klopas.

The reason we went on a winning streak last year co-insided with Frank Klopas working with the team in practices.

5. cesba

cesba Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jose Mourinho.....or Mike Ditka

6. URS on the Warpath redded

Apr 21, 2007
    Wounded Knee
    None of our assistants inspire me, nor does former assistant Tommy Soehn that everyone wanted when he went to help Nowak

7. Thebizkit

Thebizkit New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Dave Wanstead = MLS Title.

8. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I understand the implications, but I must say that I sincerely believe that George Best would be an improvement.

9. MannyMayhem

MannyMayhem New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Studio City, CA
    you have intrigued me. I'd be willing to see what he can do. Can't be worse than Sarachan.

I have to say the thought of making Waldo put his money where his mouth is intrigues me as well. At the very least you get the feeling he'd be more attack minded than Sarachan.

10. FireWitch

FireWitch Member

Oct 18, 2004
    a whole new world
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frank Klopas, hands down. He knows this team can win, he believes in them, understands their strengths and would definitely be the man to unleash them.

I don't think Frank would ever utter the statements "We don't need another goal" or "One point on the road is good" to the press, let alone his team.

11. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Intriguing list.

I never thought I word read the words "Jorge Campos" and "Chicago Fire" in the same sentence ever again. He is an assistant with the Mexican National Team, so he has a certain pedigree. Interesting.

Bob Bradley and Piotr Nowak are no brainers. If either of them become available, either of them should be brought in to straighten out the team. Or, perhaps, both Bob Bradley as GM and Nowak as coach.

Wynalda. A terrific choice. He has often said that his year with the Fire was by far the best year he had in MLS and that it was the "best run, most professional organization" (an almost direct quote from a conversation I had with him while he was with the Fire). I don't think that quote is applicable anymore, but maybe Wynalda could change it.

Wynalda could be great, or he could be train wreck. Either way, it would be interesting and just imagine the press conferences.

Bolowich. Don't know anything about him, but I doubt a coach straight from the college ranks is the best way to go.

Obviously, people (myself definitely included as I have stated on other threads) have been pushing for Frank Klopas. Frank would be great as well.

I would also add Lubos Kubik into the mix. He knows the team, had some connection to the team until recently. He has head coaching experience (albeit, unsuccessfully).

If we were to go "outside of the organization" (that is, someone who has no previous connection to the Fire), I would go for John Harkes. Great player, great "soccer mind", really understands the game and the league. Always seemed to conduct himself professionally. International experience, assistant coaching experience. Definite headcoach material.

12. jonnyk1569

jonnyk1569 New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Brazil, Africa

co-inside - is that like when I stuff 2 rubber dicks in yer mama?

Or did you mean coincide?

13. jonnyk1569

jonnyk1569 New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Brazil, Africa

We don't have enough $$ from him to be successful. He only shines with unlimited funds. I'd hire him to scrub the crappers though.

14. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about Chris Armas as player coach this year and full time coach next year.

But my number 1 would be Peter Nowak, and number 1a would be Bob Bradley.

15. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is what gives a-holes a bad name.

I did'nt write coincide ya blind bat, I wrote co-insided. Next time I'll put it in quotes so you don't have to be a little bi-tch about it.

:)

16. tacubo

tacubo Member

Jul 8, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I was under the impression Campos and Blanco don't get along. I'd say bring Bradley or Nowak if there's a new nats coach.

17. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    I think you meant 'buy-thc', right?

18. jonnyk1569

jonnyk1569 New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Brazil, Africa

C'mon - it's mothers day, I had to mention yer mama!!!

:rolleyes:

19. I PINCH!

I PINCH! Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Chicago IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hmmm i would be willing to give Frank a chance

20. SAMBA

SAMBA Member

Sep 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    You guys need to relax, plenty of soccer left in MLS.

21. kornkid15

kornkid15 Member

Mar 16, 2007
    chi-city
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Did you watch the game yesterday?

22. Thebizkit

Thebizkit New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Klopas almost seems like the perfect choice but AEG seems more interested in bringing in names and attractions then anything else, Wynalda is a guy that I would absolutley love to see coach this team he will really make guys like Ozzie Guillen and Lou Pinnella seem like Choir boys.

23. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's not even a good captain.

24. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Agreed, especially in light of this weekend.

25. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He did'nt make the trip.

and that was Dave's decision.

We also played Dave's gameplan, and it sucked.