Your Thoughts On The Supporter Groups

Discussion in 'Galaxy Supporters Clubs' started by The Manwich, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Shooter00

Shooter00 New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    California
    Furthermore, does part of your Galaxy support entertain cheering for Carlos Ruiz in a Dallas kit, at the HDC ? Just asking... I want no part of your support...

2. imadork

imadork New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Manhattan Beach
    Do the Galaxy players read these threads?

3. imadork

imadork New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Manhattan Beach
    Under the fan section it lists that a Galaxy player will be in Hawthorne tonight. But it doesnt specify which one. Anyone know?

4. amavel

amavel New Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My $0.02..

If another Galaxy supporters group is to be formed, my vote is for them to anchor the upper deck. The noise created from jumping and the echo from singing can really amplify the atmosphere that much more than in 138 and GA. And it's right in front of the tv cameras... there's no way Dave O'brien could screw that up!

(Well, he is DOB.. )

5. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Just do it and put it anywhere you and your friends want to buy season tickets. I'd like to see several supporters groups formed for both the Gals and CUSA. Start small; a couple people, a banner and join in the songs that the other groups start. Then just get your own chants going. The loudest thing I heard in the upper deck Thursday was a group of girls screaming everytime Becks got a touch.... kind of annoying, but then again, maybe it's the start of a new group?

So start your group, be loud & creative, and your numbers will grow. Sure, the FO will try to move you but hold out until you get some deep discounted tix elsewhere.

6. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Both the Riot Squad and the Galaxians are the bomb. They do a good job trying to rally the dormant fans thtat show uo at the HDC. But the more the merrier. I agree that their should also be a supporter group on the top level.

By the way. Whatever became of the UFO's and the GOAl-lacticos? Are they both dead?

7. Javi925

Javi925 New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    I am glad to see that we are trying to get organized and grow our Galaxy support groups. I enjoy both the efforts of LARS and the Galaxians to bring passion and support to the HDC. I really do not think we are ready for another group. Being a season ticket holder in section of 142 a group of 6-10 of us try and chant with LARS. Through the season we have picked up on the LARS chants and try and get people going in our section. I think it is a great thing that LARS and the Galaxians are in the same section. The bigger the support group is, I think more people will want to be a part of it and join in no matter what section they are in. I would love to see the whole end line from corner to corner with flags and blue or gold shirts.
    Also are we allowed to bring in flags and streamers? I almost got kicked out of the Pachuca game for throwing streamers. How are we suppose to fly flags if we cant bring in poles? We should organize and make flags to hand out during games.

8. galaxycrazy

galaxycrazy New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    You can't take in poles.

BTW you can always switch your seats to one of the supporters sections in 137 or 138

9. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    Poles are welcome . . . but we don't want the IRISH!

10. Shannbo5150

Shannbo5150 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Sarawak
    Nat'l Team:
    Swaziland
    Those Rioting Squad people scared me witless and left me brused battered and scarred.
    I once went to a Galaxy tournament at the HDC and one of their foot soldiers head-butted me because I was wearing a British bobby hat!!!!!!!! I ended up requiring medical attention.
    Let's switch to the pipe organ like we Americans have at baseball games. All those intimidating battle cries, rough language and standing up blocking decent people's view that those people sully the atmosphere with...who needs it?
    I for one would like to see 138 cleaned up... It's like being at a zoo watching a bunch of alcohol drenched baboons.
    Let's face it, these hooligans take the fun out of being a fan. I'm for a ban, and will be starting a petition very soon.

11. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here Here!
    LARS' racist tyranny must come to an end!

WHO'S WITH ME?!!!

12. DeMpSeYfan6

DeMpSeYfan6 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    fullerton
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know its off topic, But does anyone know where I can get a Galaxy jersey from the inaugural season?

13. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They appear on eBay once in a while. That's where I got mine.

tm

14. Anti-Legion

Anti-Legion New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Rialto
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I love your idea on the set up and all the gear set up in the section I totally want flares also I love flares. I think a whole new group must be formed to be devoted to 1:showing up the legion and showing them that HDC is our house 2:help out the team. with another group made and well organized and official SONGS and chants on paper we can start songs across the stadium with LARS and really get the legion shaking. we can really blow up the stadium and fans will pour in every game. Any one in for the ANTI-Legion?

15. Anti-Legion

Anti-Legion New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Rialto
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors

Number 1 rule of LARS. Rasicm is not tolerated. LARS is a multi-cultural support group who all scream the same chants or songs. If you're offended that's your problem, but here's a LARS mentallity....who gives a rats ass.

16. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you "Anti-Legion" for your support. Please note that both Shanbo5150 and Lolonearbyyolo are "members" of the Riot Squad.

Another thing about LARS: creative mischief at gameday and online. And yes, we don't give a rat's ass.

tommymack

17. Anti-Legion

Anti-Legion New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Rialto
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors

HELL YA HELL YA

I've haven't been able to get it out of my head...
    i'm sitting in my college class and i get a answer correct and
    say hell ya hell ya loud enough the prof hears.hahaha

a question for you TM...does the RS have problems with Flares FLAGS etc...cuz if not LARS will have a bigger impact with fans and the team 10fold in my strong opinion...also considering that people need to be responsible with what they have.

18. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LARS probably doesn't have much of a problem with flares, but the HDC has a HUGE problem with them. I know the Legion got into a lot of trouble with the stadium over their antics. Like it or not, the Chivas FO desperately needs the Legion to thrive, so they get away with quite a bit.

Flags aren't a problem, but flag poles have been banned. It kinda sucks right now. Hopefully the LARS First XI will be able to work something out this year.

19. Anti-Legion

Anti-Legion New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Rialto
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors

why flag poles? how are we suppost to wave our flags without flag poles.
    HDC security HELL NO HELL NO!!! I wrote lalas about it hopefully my words help us to expand in the future.

20. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So long as "Chivas Fans" are in the HDC using flag poles to hit each other or the facilities in the stadium, we won't be havin flag poles.

So everyone, try harder to hate Chivas and make them go away.

Flares look great, but they will never be legal in the stadium. Not ever.
    Factors such as fire codes and the excellent sytem of tort law we have in the US mean that they will never be allowed.

They have appeared from time to time in the section and the result is usually the same: flare holder ejected, squad has to explain to the Front Office that they really really do understand the rules, and get lectured that the Squad can be on a good side or a bad side of the FO, and then all the LARS leadership has to make sure all the LARS rank & file understands the badside equals strangulation of the Squad.

Again the Legion gets away with stuff because the Chivas FO is so desparate, but the Galaxy FO isn't.

21. Anti-Legion

Anti-Legion New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Rialto
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    it's a shame. people wont be able to witness the beauty of fans freely expressing themselves and the show we can put on. well the flares are out, we still have everything else...right?

22. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The HDC Corp pretty much explained that due to [Chivas fans'] behavior, a stadium-wide ban was placed on flagpoles. Much was said about Chivas fans and the bottom line is: as long as they are in our stadium, they will increase the violence and cause the HDC corp to take away the liberties that Galaxy fans have enjoyed since day one.

Going Mobile, PM me if you have an issue.

Tommy "Talking Facts Again" Mack

23. Rodneyd

Rodneyd New Member

Aug 21, 2004
    La Habra, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can not understand by the F'n Sh*tvas fans can get away with the crap they do. I was standing right next to a Sheriff Deputy at the last game and a Goat's fan could be clearly seen holding a flare, and I asked the Deputy if it was legal to have flares in the HDC, he said NO, but he said he didn't want to start a riot if he arrested the fan. Since when is the police afraid to start a riot?

Sh'tvas should be penalized for allowing violations of the law, like playing a game or two with no fans allowed. If they were banned from having fans for a game or two maybe this might cause the fans that do not resort to this type of action to self police them selves.

24. CherryBomb

CherryBomb Red Card

Oct 27, 2006
    La La Land
    Yes. More "facts" from the guy who practically guaranteed us, with "inside info" that Klinsmann would be our new coach.

With facts like those, who needs lies?

:rolleyes:

25. Anti-Legion

Anti-Legion New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Rialto
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    That's bullsh*t they get away with everything and they say their sorry and the next game they have a silent sit down the whole game. they made their own punishment while we have to answer to the FO about a chant we're told not to say anymore at the games. that's bull, yet another reason why i hate the chivas. Give us what we deserve and let the legion spread VD amongst each other I say!

ps. the old bill isn't worth damn sh*t. My heart goes out to the fans at Lazio. R.I.P. Gabriele Sandri 26 years old