Your thoughts on the "deep v" jerseys

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by portlanded, Apr 9, 2016.

1. portlanded

portlanded Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  2. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its ridiculous, but I saw it reported somewhere that an authentic match jersey in a women's cut (read: not a plunging neckline) is supposed to become available. When that will happen, who knows?

In much more positive news, US Soccer store is now selling the 3-star jersey in a men's cut (and it doesn't have the deep v-neck)!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Personally, I'm considering buying the men's or the youth jersey, even though I really would prefer a women's cut, just to avoid the ridiculous low neckline. Or I'm waiting until the match jersey comes out...but I'm thinking the cost for the "authentic" cut jersey could be significantly more expensive (as the men's match jersey is twice the price of the stadium jersey).

portlanded repped this.
  3. exref

exref Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they're awful. They looked bad on the Colombian team. They looked the best when a same color t-shirt was worn underneath, but in most conditions that would make the uniform too hot for the players. They don't even fit right; they're way too loose because of the large neckline. Apparently, Nike forgot that world class athletes do not have a lot of body fat (aka breasts, in this case) to fill out such a shirt design. Pitiful.

4. exref

exref Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hardly. It wouldn't work with most sports bras. And, what's the point of having a uniform that you have to moderate/adapt/fiddle around with unnecessary extra crap just to wear it? And, it still doesn't fit well, despite all the individual attempts of players to deal with it.

5. portlanded

portlanded Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Club:
    Portland MLS
  6. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

I'm not a smiley face fan.

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  7. BlitzSpiele

BlitzSpiele Member

Sep 7, 2007
    I really wish that tank top jerseys were an option--it would be better for heat dissipation, especially if you have play in Manaus. Until a tank version is available, I can see a lower neckline, but that one practically plunges. I think they need to modify it to be a little more modest.

8. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

You do get that those aren't the players kits, right?

Nacional Tijuana and cleansheetbsc repped this.
  9. exref

exref Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sure looked like Colombia was wearing that version in their recent friendlies with us.

10. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Colombia in the last WWC. I don't recall outrage:

[​IMG]

Columbia in the 3-0 loss
    [​IMG]

Same jersey. That's a long sleeve under jersey, not a cleava.

11. RockyTopFan

RockyTopFan Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Tennessee
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That image is also from the 2015 WWC because Alex Morgan didn't play in either of the recent Colombia games and she is wearing the old 2-star kit.

12. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

My bad. That accompanied an article on the 3-0 match. I should have checked.

13. BlitzSpiele

BlitzSpiele Member

Sep 7, 2007
    [QUOTE}Same jersey. That's a long sleeve under jersey, not a cleava.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not the same jersey as the WWC. Look at the scalloping on the neck--it's flattering and covers that chest leaving a little (well, a lot more) to the imagination.

Here's what the Colombian's wore during the recent friendlies.

The new ones are like necklines you would see at Hooters.

[​IMG]

Nacional Tijuana and exref repped this.