Your Third Jersey...

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Alejandro 10, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Alejandro 10

Alejandro 10 Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Hi there,

I was reading the threads on new adidas sponsorship deal and came across a comment about your third kit being fan inspired. Would someone tell me the story behind that? It sounds like it should be interesting. Thanks in advance.

aaron

2. fatboy15

fatboy15 New Member

Mar 31, 2000
    LaPorte, IN, USA
    Is he talking about the Chicago Flag jersey?

Well, i haven't seen any drawings or anything posted by other people, but i'm thinking that its gonna be the same format as the Fire's other two, but it will be predominantly blue, with a white stripe across the chest, and the red stars from the Chicago flag inside the stripe.

is that what most people are thinking of, or did i mess something up?

The fan inspired part probably comes from it being a really good idea that a fan thought up, and having the greatest GM of any sports team ever in the history of the Earth.

3. Marchetti

Marchetti Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Chicago->STL->Denver
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I haven't heard this idea of the 3rd uniform being a representation of the City of Chicago flag, and althought I don't actually live in Chicago (suburbs), I do love this idea. The Chicago flag seems like it was made to be put on a soccer uniform, if you think about it... the pattern is right and the colors are perfect too. Let's hope Puma will do this for us as a last hoorah.

4. The one thing that really bugs me about MLS is the TV demand that one team always were white (LA and Columbus are exceptions since yellow looks white on the gray scale for black and white TV's used to control broadcasts). I was watching FSW the other night and it dawned on my that many teams third jersey's in Europe are pastel in nature (pale blue, pale orange, pale yellow, etc.). I'm wondering if this doesn't address the gray scale issue. If it does, couldn't MLS teams come up with away jerseys and third jerseys that use these colors? You see it in Europe all the time.

5. Alejandro 10

Alejandro 10 Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Well, now I am wondering if I may have made a mistake. I was speaking about the present 3rd Jersey (yellow with red trim) but may have gotten the "fan inspired" idea from someone speaking of the "Flag Jersey."
    thanks again.

6. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The third jersey was inspired from the Morelia jersey with the Fire crest and "Fire" across the chest added (actually it might be the Morelia jersey with those two added, no inspiration needed). They are the Fire's 'sister club' in Mexico.

7. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    Nah, morelia wears red and yellow hoops w/ navy shorts.

8. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    True.
    Nope just inpired by using their colors. And besides their kits are from Atletica, not Puma.