Your Starting XI Of The Future.

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by KyleS8, Dec 6, 2008.

1. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who are your guys starting 11's of the future? Just make a starting 11 of players you think will make it big or if they already have made it big, stay consistently good. Only rule is they must be 23 years old or younger.

My team:
    GK - Rene Adler
    RB - Gonzalo Castro
    CB's - Micah Richards & Raul Albiol
    LB - Gael Clichy
    RW - Lionel Messi
    CM's - Cesc Fabregas & Ibrahim Afellay
    LW - Nordin Amrabat
    ST's - Sergio Aguero & Karim Benzema

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I have a problem with the eligibility criteria. What that age enables you to do is create an XI that could easily contain half of the players you would normally expect to find in most current XIs (at least from an attacking pespective). It is far too broad. Surely a starting XI of the future should contain young prospects not some of the best players currently active? I suppose someone will make the claim that they would still be starting in the future but it depends entirely on what your intention originally was.

To quickly prove a point you included:

Castro over Ramos
    Richards over Mertesacker (to use a German example)
    Afellay over Anderson or Hamsik
    Amrabat over countless options including some guy called Ronaldo

3. Big Soccer Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Surrey, England
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why do people continue to think that Micah Richards is some sort of wonder defender. He is awful as a central defender. He has no positional sense, he can't mark and can't read the game. He is not a footballer, just a lump of muscle that can run fairly fast.

Anyway, for the team. Under 23?

GK: ManuelNeuer
    RB: Rafael
    CB: Jonny Evans
    CB: Slobodan Rajkovic
    LB: Clichy
    RM: Lionel Messi
    DM: Ever Banega
    AM: Jack Wilshere
    LM: Cristiano Ronaldo
    ST: Mario Balotelli
    ST: Alexandre Pato

4. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, I see what you mean, when I looked up ages of these players I thought the same thing. Shall we change it to 20 & under?

5. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    i would take aguero and benzema over pato.

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    20 still includes the likes of Aguero, Benzema, Anderson, Higuain, Di Maria, Evans, Richards, Banega, etc.

I'd be tempted to lower it to under-20 only so teams could only contain teenagers but it is your thread. ;)

7. Big Soccer Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Surrey, England
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You can't really seperate Benzema, Aguero, Pato, Bojan or Balotelli to be honest. On another day I might have said Bezema instead of Pato, Bojan instead of Balotelii, ect. Judging who is the best out of them 5 would make a good thread in itself. I still love Pato though.

8. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    True. Yes it is but I should have done more research before actually making it. :eek:

Rule Change: Players must be under 20.

My new team:

GK: Sergio Asenjo (Real Valladolid)
    RB: Sergei Parshivlyuk (Spartak Moskva)
    CBs: Breno (Bayern Munchen) & Neven Subotic (Borussia Dortmund)
    LB: Gareth Bale (Tottenham)
    RM: Theo Walcott (Arsenal)
    CM: Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal)
    LM: Toni Kroos (Bayern Munchen)
    Fwds: Bojan Krkic (Barcelona), Alexandre Pato (Milan), Giovani Dos Santos (Tottenham)

9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Aguero and Benzema are on an different level. They have proven that they are top class players and done so consistently at the highest level. The other three have not moved beyond being talented youngsters with a lot of potential yet.

10. Offlimp

Offlimp New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Adler
    Rafael - Breno - Hummels - Mr. X
    Ever Banega
    Toni Kroos
    Aguero - Krkic

11. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Agreed. They are also more important to their respective teams than any of those other players.

Side note:

Everyone check out the bicycle kick goal Aguero scored yesterday.

12. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    ------------- Pato
    -- Piatti - Sulejmani - Walcott
    ----- Possebon - Zuculini
    Fabio - Rajkovic - Subotic - Rafael
    ------------ Asenjo

13. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    No Marko Marin? Fabio instead of Gareth Bale?

14. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    He would not get in ahead of either Piatti or Sulejmani. I had considered Marin on the left and Piatti on the right but I felt the latter was better operating on the left side. Although since Sulejmani turned 20 years old 2 days ago, which I had forgotten about, then I suppose I could include Marin after all. I do not rate Bale defensively at this stage and given the impact the lesser rated twin has made I felt I might as well take a punt on Fabio. I cannot wait to see the two of them in the same side. Hopefully this ridiculous Evra ban might see him get a chance providing he has fully recovered from his shoulder injury.

15. Big Soccer Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Surrey, England
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This thread is not about how proven they are at the highest level or how good they are now. It is the starting level of the future, and I think that Pato and Balotelli can match and get better than both Aguero and Benzema.

16. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    ------------------------- Sergio Asenjo (19) ---------------------------
    ----------------- Breno (19) ---- Mamadou Sakho (18) ----------
    Rafael (18) ---------------------------------------- Gareth Bale (19)
    ------------------------- Jack Wilshere (16) ---------------------------
    Theo Walcott (19) - Toni Kroos (18) ---- Marko Marin (19)
    ---------- Alexandre Pato (19) ---- Bojan Krkic (18) -----------

Substitutes: David De Gea (18); Slobodan Rajkovic (19), Fábio (18); Aaron Ramsey (18), Giovani dos Santos (19); Carlos Vela (19), Mario Balotelli (18).

17. Big Soccer Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Surrey, England
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Jack Wilshere is an attacking midfielder. Swap him and Kroos and that will be a great team. Also, get rid of Bale, he is awful.

Does any one no if that Nigerian fella at Sporting Lisbon is any good and worthy of this thread?

USA fans. Is Charles Renken of the standard of the players above? I have heard great things about him.

18. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I haven't heard anything about him but I have a friend that is a keeper for FC Porto's U-19 team and he is only 15. He is an up-and-comer, look for him in a few years at FC Porto.

19. KumarsS

KumarsS Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Champaign, IL
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Stupid rule change :mad:

Um...Marin?

20. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    How is Bale awful?

21. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    They will have a hard task reaching the current level of Aguero and Benzema and that is before we take into account any improvements that the latter duo could make.

Required rule change. As for Marin his position is the most stacked.

22. Big Soccer Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Surrey, England
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He doesn't have great football knowledge defensively. He is not particularly strong or fast, a necessity among modern full backs. His attacking instincts are too strong. He should get forward less and concentrate more on defending. His attacking skills themselvses are incredibly overrated. He doesn't have the dribbling skills to beat a man, his crosses hit the first man more often than not and can't play the 'give and go', one touch football that the truly great full backs like Evra does. He also hasn't developed in two years and doesn't look like developing further.

23. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    It's true on the paper, but I've the impression ever when he's playing in the centre midfield or including in a side in the League Cup he's going to mature more like a mixed midfielder.

24. Big Soccer Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Surrey, England
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hope not. Only England could and would turn a brilliant number 10 like him into a rounded midfielder. I would be very pleased if he never tracked a runner or made a tackle in his life. We need a brilliant creative player like him in the England side. We have enough players like Jenas and Barry who do the mixed job, we need our creator.

I think Pato has more natural talent than both, and therefore has the highest potential. You're right though, it will be very difficult.

25. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    I dunno about that. Aguero at 16/17 was already doing things that were out of this world. His natural talent is incredible.

Check out this top 10 goals video from his time at Independiente. This was all between the ages of 15-17. Some of those goals are ridiculous for a kid that age. You could already tell he was going to be special.

[YOUTUBE]_k1QKGafthc[/YOUTUBE]