Your spending on the Burn next year (tickets, concessions, etc.) will...?

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by oman, Oct 23, 2003.

1. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    I will reduce my season ticket purchase from two full season tickets and two 6 game packages to just two 6 game packages. I will probably hit general admission for most of the balance of the games. But just me.

My wife and children are completely dissilusioned by the stadium. And indeed will probably blow off the last game.

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    well I was use to being able to walk up and buy a GA ticket anytime I wanted to for the Cotton Bowl, but when all the hype of possible sellouts came out, I got worried and bought season tickets. What a mistake, now I know I can still walk up and buy a ticket anytime because these suckers aren't going to even dream about selling out seats unless they start kicking some ass 1999 style. But I'll be at the last game becuase it's the last game until April, and this time I'll know its the last game unlike last season :(, we better beat those fvckers.

3. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    So can we mark you as a decrease?

4. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well for me it depends on where I will be during the summer which determines if I even my any tickets other than opening day.

Sadly, HSG has let the true fans down in searching to please everyone else.

5. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    I make it a point to never purchase concessions or merchandise at Dragon Stadium. I'd buy a lot of beer - if they only sold it. Now my money goes to the nearby convenience and gas store. HSG screwed us and the Burn when they moved the team to Dragon Stadium.

I encourage everyone to screw them back!

6. Metro

Metro New Member

Feb 9, 2001
    Dallas
    I do not plan to buy season tickets next year. I'll go to a few games every now and then, but I will buy tickets at the window or from someone trying to unload theirs. I will catch all the "exciting MLS action" from the comfort of my living room or from a bar stool.

7. ggh01

ggh01 Member

Jul 15, 2002
    Denton, TX
    no spending

MLS Shootout has received my money for the past two seasons and will continue to do so next year. The Dallas Burn, on the otherhand will not.

I might go to a few games will buy on a walkup basis only. Forget paying for parking too. Walking's good for you.

Unless they have a jersey firesale (we're talking at least 1/2 price here), I won't be purchasing any merchandise either.

GH

8. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'll still buy my flexi-pass, but I'll probably attend fewer games than even this year unless there is a dramatic change in the team's play. So I guess with the reduction in parking and concessions, I'll be a decrease.

9. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Note if you want to avoid paying for parking, do what I do: Get there before 5 or at 5 and no one is there to take up parking $. Been doing it all season and I don't feel guilty.

10. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    that sounds good except for the fact of having to wait 2 1/2 hours+.

11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was right there with you after everything that went on this year but today I turned in the last of my flexi-passes for tickets and ran into the new GM. He said there was a lot of things he wanted to do but finding a dynamic coach was the first and most important. He was busy rating players all over various leagues and assured me that next year the team would be much better.

I guess I will wait and see how it goes but I am not going to automatically say at this time that I am or am not buying X amount of season tickets. I am taking a wait and see attitude and could actually get the old spring training fever if the right moves are made. He also indicated that after the coaching search was over and a few other details he wanted to meet with the Inferno leadership about next year. Come on you want it to turn around. He might just do it, or he might not but right now no one knows what the off season will bring.

12. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Drink beer, young man. Drink beer.

13. VivaIslamico

VivaIslamico Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I drive up from Austin for the games and every year I've bought season tickets knowing full well that I probably won't be able to use all the tickets. And in fact every year I have a few left over. Every year I think to myself that I'm throwing money away that I can't really afford, but I've been comforted knowing that my extra unused tickets is just a little extra $$$ for the Dallas Burn.

When I went through this dilemma last year, the two things that pushed me over the edge were:

1) Dragon Stadium is so small! There are going to be sellouts!

2) Must maintain season ticket holder status for Frisco!

I bet there are a lot of people who thought the same things.

But now I'm thinking #1 is not f***ing likely and that #2 is a pie in the sky. I'll be there on opening day in Frisco somehow, but I'm not willing to pay for another season like this past one just to ensure that I get slightly better seats when Frisco comes around.

So you can count me in for the Shootout package, that's still value for money. But I think I'm out for season tickets next year. Maybe after a couple months of offseason I'll be in a kinder mood, but I'm still stinging. My seven hours of driving for each game has been repaid with a lesser (and more expensive) product that I just don't want to buy anymore.

So officially you can downgrade me from:
    2 x 6-game pack
    to
    a few GA tickets here and there

14. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll buy another 20 ticket flexi-pass but only to keep my place in line for 2005.

In 2002 I drove up for 7 games. In 2003 I made it to just 4 games and none since July. I would have made more but schedules conspired against me and going to Dragon was not enough incentive to skip anything down here. Last season at the Cotton Bowl, I would skip obligations to go the Burn games (cancel kids soccer practice, take time off work, skip my own games). Not this season. Dragon was not worth it.

It's not the losing that bothers me - and as much as the stadium sucks I could put up with it if we had a grass field. I don't know why it bugs me so much, but it just does. Even if we were winning, I doubt I would have gone to more games.

I wish I could have gone to more games, I feel a little bad about it, like I cheaped out. But then, so did HSG.

Like I said though , I will get a season ticket next year, I will buy merchandise that is not obviously crap and I will pay for parking. But I doubt that I will go more games next season than I did this year. Our team may be better next season but Dragon will still be an embarassment.

15. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    as long as you pay off the cop when he comes to take me away ;)

16. RodneyMunch

RodneyMunch New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    My opinion

I actually bought season tickets on the south side for this season, all based on the *#*#*#*#*#*#*#*# marketing scheme of sellouts at Southlake. Wow, do I feel like a retard. After two games with kids running up and down the aisles and soccer moms, I moved to general admission to sit with the Inferno. Still feel like I get ripped off with the high school stadium, parking, no beer, etc. I will go with the flexi pass next year.

17. ej_dad

ej_dad New Member

Jul 20, 2000
    Flower Mound, TX
    Increased Spending

I'll buy the same package as this year, three full season passes, down low on the north side. The next of my children will now be 13 at the start of the season so instead of two Adults and one child this year, it will be three Adults for next season.

I don't know if Elliot can hire a coach that will produce an exciting team next year. I do know the Burn are the best soccer in town and it is the best way to keep my children excited about soccer.

18. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    1. What cops? Only ones I see are by the gate.

2. Its off school property.

3. You are in the woods and the only people who go back there are the Inferno, DMZ to let us know someone will watch our stuff, and Burn staff to put up the tables.

Besides, bring a Dr. Pepper or two. Scipio and I will make sure you that the 2.5 hours is not too boring as we discuss the future of the Burn. Now if I can only find a legal way to sue HSG and buy the Burn.

19. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    texas arsenal

I will probably just do a 6 game pack for next season. As bad as this season has been we must still support our local team.

20. Danwoods

Danwoods Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Bertram, TX, US
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Worth the drive?

I drove up from the Houston area 4-6 times a year plus play offs between '96 and '02. The season opener those years was an annual event that was a mini-vacation for me and the boss. A nice hotel and dinner on Friday night, putz around Dallas until game time on Saturday, and drive home after the game.
    This year I watched on TV and followed the Burn on BS. I am not driving 3-4 hours and dropping a few hundred bucks to watch a game in a HS stadium with no beer and lousy atmosphere.
    My brother moved to Dallas for a job this year and we had planned on going to games prior to the move. I would not embarass myself or the sport of soccer by introducing him to "professional" soccer under those conditions.
    Next year qualifiers start and I think I'll spend my entertainment dollars there.

Is guess that means I'll spend as much next year as I did this year. Come on MLS in Houston........

21. SoccerNova2009

SoccerNova2009 New Member

Aug 19, 2000
    probably at a bar
    Before Dragon I had been buying one 20 ticket Flexi Pass. But I also went with a group of non-season ticket holders which would range from 1-5 other people depending on the game. They would always buy tickets at the gate.

This year I went with the 6-game playoff package. I used the ticket exchange option and traded in my single seat tickets for 2-3 tickets together for 2 games. The problem is that none of my friends want to go anymore cause of the stadium. So I still have my Playoff game 1 ticket. LOL. Do I get my money back for that ticket now or what?!?!

Next year I will do the same 6-game package and exchange the tickets like before and hope I can talk a couple of people to going out to a game or two. I won't attend more than 3 games however. This is decrease from EVERY game in all the years past.

A big decrease has also come in the purchase of MLS and Burn gear. This is the first year I am not getting the new jersey. Actually I don't think I bought any Burn stuff this year which is a big change for me. I did recently get Digital Cable so I will be getting the Shootout package next year.

22. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Just watch out for the Shootout Package through Comcast in Arlington, TX. I don't know about the rest of the Metroplex but Comcast's delivery of the package in Arlington is SHITE. They just COULD NOT DELIVER week after week and eventually returned my money, I think.

I'm moving to another house in Arlington in a few weeks. Hello sattellite and DirecTV!!!!!!

23. accion

accion Member

Nov 28, 1998
    dfw, texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    i moved down to the metroplex from OKC in may to to work and i thought it would be sweet because i could go to burn games. but the stadium and the team situation this year didnt even motivate me to go at all. i think thats really sad that the burn can even get hardcore soccer lovers to come out to games. they really need to turn it around, when they move to frisco it will almost be like an expansion team, because they are basically dead now.