Your series next season

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Buzz Killington, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Narmec

Narmec Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Tucson, Arizona

2. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm going to be pushing hard for promotion this term. I should have at least one WC and probably 2 close to WC PMs by the end of the season so I should be ready for IV.

I'll be pressed by this year's 2nd place team and perhaps by one of the promotees, but other than that I should have little trouble with the league... I'm thinking of adding a winger, but I'll probably wait a bit.

3. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    VI.600 - all bots, all the time.

Hopefully I can work on some tactical quality. Having sold my trainees, I'll be training Scoring for the duration of the season before returning to PM upon my expected promotion, but after reading that interview with the guy who went from VII to I in Denmark, I'm wondering if I'll ever get past V.

Anyone up for a friendly Cup of BS readers?

4. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There will likely be two of them.

5. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Well I'm probably going to be out after Round 1 of the Open Cup (again), so sign me up!

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The BS Cup signup will probably be starting around the end of round 2 of the Cup and probably start around the time of cup round 5. So says one of the BS Cup dictators.

7. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love it that we're already talking about the BS Cup.

I hold an irrational amount of love for the BS Cup.

8. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan

I will let the little boys fight it out in the kiddie pool b/c I am going MM this season.:D

9. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean they have added a "Vienna Sausage" Division in the BS Cup? :eek:

10. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    South Dakota Samura - Bot
    New Orleans Eagles - Bot
    Saya-Jin - Bot
    Rhode Island Sparta - Bot
    Mississippi Wolves - Bot
    Connecticut Indians - Bot
    Texas Panthers - Bot

My goal is to not get scored on.

11. mcfarljd

mcfarljd New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    ha yea my keeper was a sieve, let in 2 goals in 16 matches... see if you can top the +108 :cool:

12. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    taking a look back at this thread to see how things ended up...

(1) Holy Hand Grenades of Antioch (169) - had a htrf draw to start the season and cruised from there, throwing a couple matches to get a qualifier. i'm betting he's happy staying down for now and will be back next season. swept my team easily.

(2) St Louis Rams (146) - strong midfield got stronger. i took a point off him at home.

(3) Goleadores (151) - improved his midfield this season and finished two spots higher. i split with him, although the match in which he beat me was a bit of a wtf.

(4) real new york (155) - defense took a big jump this season, with midfield and attack making smaller strides. happy to stay up in my first season in div V. :D

(5) Orlando Hawks United (132) - another promotee from div VI who's earned a qualifier against a bot. i split with him as he mots our 2nd match.

(6) The Naturals (144) - last season's second place team - counter-attacker with poor attack was in a fight against relegation. scored most of his goals on set pieces and special events and it was enough to earn him a qualifier against a bot. i split with him.

(7) Oak Lawn Spartans (121) - not really a div v caliber team and was found out this season. not enough midfield to play without a defense and he's going down. I swept him.

(8) KCCNA (104) - going straight back down to div vi with one point and a -49 goal differential.

13. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

won the series as expected, and things went pretty much as expected, GS-Max and Newfie are down like I expected. It was a little tougher then I expected though.

14. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty much as expected. The top three were the top three. The league champ threw his last game 8-0 to avoid autopromotion. I lost or drew several games in which the HTRF really screwed me, including the last game. Take a look, it's pretty bad: 79747492

Hopefully the HT Gods are more with me next season. It should pretty much be a two horse race, with 4 or 5 teams very close to one another a long way behind us.

15. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Series V.140

A medium difficult series. I should be able to hang at the top.

16. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The final Standings:

Team Played Goals Points
    1. Beckham Bendovers 14 66 - 9 39

2. Pink Crowns 14 49 - 18 34
    3. Hot Tamales 14 35 - 28 27
    4. DireWolves 14 31 - 20 23

5. Haymarket Hooligans 14 18 - 42 15
    6. Hoboken SC 14 12 - 27 14

7. The German Mentalit 14 14 - 52 10
    8. Patels 14 8 - 37 3

I finished 6th, but really should have won 5th as Pink Crowns is a new team replacing the D.IV demottee in week 13. Haymarket got to play them in their first game and earn an easy 3 points 1 week after i played that team when the were a the D.IV demoote and lost.

But in the end i finsihed were i hoped i would finsh and got my qualifcation match against a team i should beat.

17. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I play my qualification match against your series champion. Any info?

Does he not want to promote? Seems like this qualification match may be easier than playing a bot?

18. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a scoring trainer who's managed to use a short head start when we all got teams last season to dominate the series. However, he's an average tactitian and just recently discovered that an inad coach isn't going to cut it. He is a typical win midfield and score a lot team. Frankly, being stuck with him another season sucks, since he seems to get very good midfield ratings out of inferior players and gets all the luck of the HT Random... he could have autopromoted with a perfect record if he wanted.

If he wants to come at you, he can definitely compete. But I don't think he'll put up a 1st string lineup. Regardless, if you can beat him in midfield, he's hosed. His defense is very beatable.

Kick his ass for me.

19. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some things that may contribute to this include:
    • Superior TS management (possibly including a coach with good leadership)
    • Experience (but this will be reflected in * ratings)
    • Contribution from other positions (PM on wingers, WTM, off. defender, def. forward)

20. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes on the TS management thing. He had an inad/inad coach initially.
    No on experience. I had older, experienced guys.
    Other positions unlikely, as he's a 343 guy. sure the winger plays a part, but it's not like he was stacking the midfield with WTM, OCD, etc...
    Stamina may have played a role, though I've trained 3 weeks of it since the end of last season.

The frustrating part is not being able to beat someone who clearly isn't training optimally and has an unbalanced team. I should have passed him by now. Hopefully I finally get caught up this season as our coaches will be the same and stamina will hopefully be equal. We'll see.

21. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Finished on top!

1. Mongrel FC 14 65 - 20 (+45) 37
    2. MARAtitans2 14 54 - 16 (+38) 35
    3. Team Naga 14 58 - 22 (+36) 29
    4. A.C. Blueballers 14 22 - 31 (-9) 18
    5. Indian Infernos 14 30 - 47 (-17) 15
    6. Snapping Turtles FC 14 20 - 45 (-25) 14
    7. Libres y Lokos 14 12 - 42 (-30) 11
    8. Speedy Bullet 14 16 - 54 (-38) 2

22. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I let in 1 goal, off of a stupid SE.

23. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3rd place finish: check
    improve hatstat rating: check (145 to 168 average)
    beat every team in the series: check (not many third place teams can say that)
    WC/SN winger: FUCK YEAH!

I didn't predict the rest of the series that well but I know my own team!

24. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    Finished in 3rd at 10-3-1 in my second season in V.41

Increased avg HS from 149.00 to 171.92

Increased High HS from 177 to 206

Increased from 5th place finish to 3rd place finish and the average HS of the teams I played went from 155 to 164. The Hs even lie a bit as the two teams that promoted average in the 115HS range. The top 5 teams All can pull over 200.:eek:

25. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ended up in 3rd while taking points off every team. SP taker let me down in at least 3 matches or I might have ended at least 2nd.

One other thing I noticed after the completion of Season 29. My league rank is 2 spots higher than Peanut Butter United's. 1208 v 1210. :D