Your selecao selection in WC 2010

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Darth Mer, Mar 20, 2007.

1. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    i like this line up however, will Gilberto Silva be around or strong enough to be a titular(sp?) in 2010 especially if Denilson and Lucas evolve the way we think they will not to mention Elano is looking pretty good IMO

Edit:also, with the hype surrounding Pato, will he eventualy replace Adriano, Adriano again is having a bad season and cant find any form

2. hectorcrib

hectorcrib Member

Mar 27, 2007
    In a 6.0
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    My selection for 2010 would include Gilberto Silva even if he will already be around 33 in 2010 because youve seen players that are really old and still play very good for their national team......I dont even know why Juninho retired cause he was only 30....a stupid mistake....and Ronaldo will be around 33 also in 2010 still he will be a good and top striker....JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE.....

Heres my Selecao and jersey numbers

----------------------Julio Cesar (1)-------------------

Daniel Alves(2)-----------------------------------(4)Marcello or Maxwell

-----------------(6)Lucio---------------(5)Alex----------------

-----------Gilberto Silva (8)-----------Elano(7)-----------------

---Kaka(10)(Team Captain)--------------------------Ronaldinho(11)-----

------------------------Ronaldo(9)---------Open Spot For Top Striker

3. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    there is basically no difference between this team and the one that failed in WC06. It's not gonna happen. if anything, it is worse because Elano isnt even a defensive midfielder. the only way you will see kaka and ronaldinho together in WC10 is if we play with one forward up front--and i'm a bit uneasy about that.

the same applies to Syrian's formation above, although it is more or less a younger version of the 2006 team. im still uneasy about that one as well. too offensive for my taste.

4. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    agreed, what was it we learned from 2006, put in the young hungry guys and bench the old, complecent guys, Ronaldo is great and a legend but i do not want to see him starting in 2010 for us and if we have better players then Lucio,Gilberto(Marcelo will probably replace him the minute he gets some time for real madrid) and, even though i hate to say it, Gilberto Silva, then we must, this isnt personal its business and were in the business of winning

5. hectorcrib

hectorcrib Member

Mar 27, 2007
    In a 6.0
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

We will get some good defensive men at some point but you wont get any better than Lucio....and I never said anything about putting Gilberto on the team (there are two different guys Gilberto and Gilberto Silva) I admit Marcello is pretty good but wont replace a guy like Lucio or The Great PSV Defendor ALEX........I loved the way Daniel Aves played on the Chile Friendly so he deserves a spot (plus he has great speed and offensive skills) Gilberto Silva has played great in all the national team games especially in 2002 WCUP so i gurantee he wont let BRASIL down If Ronaldo was skinny I bet everyone would like him.......so you never know what hes form will be in 2010...i would at least bench him.......anyways...what lesson are you talkin bout.......the ones at WCUP 2006 were not even old only Roberto Carlos and Cafu which ive always hated.....the lesson we learned is that we stuck with the same players on every game not that they were too old for football......we should switch between players and give everyone a chance which is what Dunga is doing (I hate the guy) you said it was basically the same squad from 2006..... i dont see all same players from 2006...just because i put ronaldinh0 and KAka on it doesnt nesecerally mean its the same squad

6. Mengao81

Mengao81 New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    The reason Brasil did not perform well (not just the final results, but the actual game play) during the wc 06 was more to do with the phylosophy in choosing the player rather than having too many stars (ie Kaka, ronaldinho etc).

Parreira should have noticed that 1. Cafu was not nearly as effecitve as cicinho on the offensive side, and on defense he still looked like an old man. 2. Robinho would have played a better second striker, and we should not have used two similar built strikers (adriano/ronaldo).

If parreira kept a similar team to the one that played against Japan, we would have been hard to beat.

--------------------Dida

Cicinho----Lucio----------Juan-------R. Carlos

------G. Silva---------Ze Roberto

---------------Kaka (or even Juninho)

--------Robinho------------------Ronaldinho

--------------Ronaldo

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    how things back then seem so comedic now lol. I can't believe we thought Jo and Denilson would be starters :D

8. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    lol. some of these posts were off on about 4 players. not bad -- left back, one forward, one midfield spot, and volante.

pretty sure the 2014 thread will be just as funny in 4 years time lol.

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Haha, I was hoping I didn't make a prediction.

I deserve credit for JC, Dani Alves, Juan, Kaka and Robinho at least.:D I was one of the few that knew JC would be our unquestioned starter.

Alex hasn't really gotten much time at Chelsea. I think he should go somewhere where he can start. Lucas, the same.

I never understood why Maxwell never got a test, considering our leftback position. We all know the situation with Ronaldinho. As for Luis Fabiano, I'm pretty sure not many people thought he'd even be on the squad.

I'd say my biggest mistake was leaving Lucio out. He has turned into a World Class CB. He used to piss me off by dribbling the ball forward and leaving his position, but he doesn't do that as much.