Your name is Jürgen Klinsmann - first move?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by shirteesdotnet, Aug 29, 2007.

1. sacris00

sacris00 New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Burbank
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will get more attacks if she was our goalie

2. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andrew Dice Clay

Who cares... but she can in MY midfield. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

(in my best andrew dice clay voice)

3. bbsbt

bbsbt Member+

Feb 26, 2003
    First move?
    Hire bltleo and bring her over here for a PR position.

4. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I would and here's why. First, I think people are getting carried away with the ratings. This is a demoralized dog of a team. Players are going to look worse then they really are. Second, every team in MLS is going to have a bunch of mediocre players and there's no value in churning your roster fodder.

Take Roberts. We've seen him play well. Sure he's been bad this year. But he's been injured twice, been played out of position and partnered with Veris. Right now, Roberts is filling the #6-defender-who-makes-$30,000 position. We're not going to get anyone else good to fill this position. Stay with Roberts, draft a defender in the second round who'll be on the dev roster and let him try to beat out Roberts for that position next year.

Take Martino. He holds the wide-and-occasionally-central-midfielder-who-makes-$50,000 position. Remember the start of the season when we were just bad and not horrible. Martino was one of our best players then. Sure he's sucking now, but he's a role player, someone who brings a different tempo to the game. On a better team, he's a better player.

Assume we get Ronnie O'Brien. If we play Landon up top then we still need a second wide midfielder. If we play Landon on the left, we need a cheap midfielder who can back up both positions. Martino fills both those roles.

And we're not going to get Ronnie O'Brien. This would be a no-brainer trade. Which is why it wouldn't happen. Toronto's offense has been dead since O'Brien was hurt. They're not going to give him up.

And I would love to have a reserve forward from Tottenham or Chelsea. But we have nothing to trade for them, and we couldn't afford them, and why would they want to come here anyway?

It's really really hard to get players. We have little money to buy players, we probably have less salary cap room than other MLS teams, and we're trying to get players in the winter transfer window. I'd be hugely happy if we manage to get 2-3 players. Which means we shouldn't be dumping the rest of our roster.

5. CanuckFan

CanuckFan Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Right. Don't think Mo would bite on that one. You could see what would be available for Jazic and Harmse.

6. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing is for certain... If I win the MegaMillions tonite valued at over $325 million dollars (not doll hairs), I'd personally donate $2 million to the Los Angeles Galaxy in hopes for a better forward. I would donate more, but, what if someone else pick the numbers too? I want a little reserve :)

7. JuiceBox

JuiceBox Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

screw that im buying a usl team when i win tonight, which means ill have 324,500,000 left over :p

8. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    I hope he re-widens the pitch. There are plenty enough NFL-sized fields in MLS, which just encourages managers to fill their rosters with untalented hacks and grinders.

9. JuiceBox

JuiceBox Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is total rumor, my instincts are telling me that this is all wishfull thinking.

we will see...

10. Crzyknot

Crzyknot Member

Sep 30, 2006
    I dont think that he would make moves without having some kind of deal done.. we lack players in our roster. No need to wave anyone if we are not gonna fill those spots.

11. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Isnt that the bakery from the film Bruce Almighty?

12. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point... I like the HDC field... I dont want it to be like Spartan stadium.

13. cantona94

cantona94 Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No offense....but many of LA's players arean't very good. I don't advocate getting rid of 8 or however many as you mention....but you should get rid of a few at the very least to hopefully strengthen the squad.

With Lalas at the helm though...that won't ever happen.

14. brentr19

brentr19 New Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Southern CA
    Is he even going to be named the new head coach? I havent found anything saying he is....

15. BigT#20

BigT#20 New Member

Jul 8, 2004
    Aiken, SC

I think we're all thinking that Klinsmann will take lalas's job too

16. sacris00

sacris00 New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Burbank
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I would love to have a reserve forward from Tottenham or Chelsea. But we have nothing to trade for them, and we couldn't afford them, and why would they want to come here anyway?
    ====================
    Get a forward from Tottenham I like them......Don't trade,just gave him a contract, if it's possible.

17. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    I suppose that in the long run, if MLS can be persuaded to allow clubs to loan players then it might help the league. Clubs would have to improve youth coaching and training to conform to PL standards.

Klinsmann is going to have a job convincing people he is up to this challenge. If Frank Yallop is heading to San Jose, it means that he would likely be the prime, but not the most popular candidate for the job. I like the idea someone posted of Thorsten Frings or another German international coming to LA. Keep Chelsea away from LA! Nothing but youngster poaching SCUM!

18. Itsakitnotajersey

Itsakitnotajersey New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    SoulCal
    Ballack already said he would come here when his Euro playing days are over.

19. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county

you don't need to trade for loan deals. you simply offload part or all of the salary so the loaned player can get experience. either a youth team player who needs first team experience, an injured player who needs time to recoup, or possibly a first teamer than needs a kick up the bum.

20. Itsakitnotajersey

Jul 20, 2007
    SoulCal
    1st move:

Sit Beckham for the remaining of the season. They keep saying, he keeps saying, that he will be here for 5 years. Well how about not risking further injury to him and forcing him to sit. They are not making the playoffs. McClaren and England should be able to clearly see that he is not match fit as well. Sitting him now and not later is the best option. They have not won an MLS match with him so it's not like they are resting Jordan with 2 minutes left.

21. sacris00

sacris00 New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Burbank
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ask because I don't know,what about Rooney he didn't play last game
    vs Germany?No one said anything.
    Leave Becks alone,play somebody else....

22. Itsakitnotajersey

Jul 20, 2007
    SoulCal
    Rooney and Steven Gerrard are going to miss key qualifiying matches. England is very thin in the front.

23. Becks and Galaxy

Becks and Galaxy New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I get rid of everybody except Beckham and Xavier, whether they walk or find a trade partner. I'll do 3 for 1 type deals.

Now I look at guys from 28 to 32 that are playing in Europe, South America, Africa, Mexico, and California. Guys who are above the MLS level, but not still good enough to stay in the good leagues around the Globe.

I talk to the USMNT guys, especially the ones from southern CA, theres a lot of them (look at yanks abroad), and see what it would take for them to come back home and make 150,000 a year, instead of 350,000 in europe or else where.

I start yesterday so they can start training together now, and start gelling about the start of next season or earlier. Play friendlies when not in the MLS season.

Last, I start recruitung, scouting guys like Sesay, under 21 and under 17 players. When the waive of veterans, 28 to 32 years old are done, the next group will be ready.

And of course, get rid of Lalas, he can't judge talent.

This would make an immediate impact and give time to plan for the future.

Most importantly, a veteran that is being ran out of the european seen with experience is a lot better than a young kid coming out of college. If he's got two or so years left, we'll take him.

Guys like Xavier sign him up, Guys like Pavon, No Way!!!

As Leeds United has said, guys like Shevchenko and Makelele have both stated they would play in the MLS at the end of thier careers. Guys like that and others in that situation.

For example, Brian McBride isn't that great, but he's better than any striker we've got (man thats sad to say)

24. Freshpuppypup

Freshpuppypup New Member

Jul 19, 2005
    I dont see enough of you people agreeing to cut loose Gordon, Veris, Vagenas, Roberts, Klein, and Buddle...not only are these guys bad for the team but bad for the league. Players of this ilk have no business in a top teir league even one as modest as ours...These jackasses couldnt make reserve squads for the teams in the rest of the league yet they start for the Galaxy......I am upset!!

25. Becks and Galaxy

Becks and Galaxy New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I said get rid of all of them besides Becks and Xavier, Donavin can stay, but I've heard he's going to San Jose.

So thats everyone but Becks and Xavier. Don't be upset, the game hasn't even started yet, then you'll have a reason to be upset.