Your Most Memorable Match

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by blackpool fc mark, Jul 29, 2005.

1. blackpool fc mark

blackpool fc mark New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    BLACKPOOL
    I hope people find this thread useful, I just thought it would be nice to have a thread of its own dedicated to thoses Matches that have left you in tears of happiness, screaming the house down or just sighing in relief.

So lets get the ball rolling

The game was CM 03/04, my Blackpool side, newly promoted to the Pemiership had struggled in the league all year, i still had players in the team who were at the club when I started in Div 2, and lots of young players in my team, however, I was on a good FA Cup run and I had been drawn against Spurs in the semi-final, this for me was a horrible draw, Spurs had thumped us twice in the league 4-0 and 4-1 so I didnt fancy my chances much, anyway, the match started, for 10mins it was slow tempo, then on the 14min mark, David Bently broke thru and scored 1-0 fantastic, within 2mins he had scored again, 5 mins later he had scored a hattrick 3-0, we were flying, a goal from Danny Coid on halftime left us 4-0 up, i couldnt believe it.
    Second half came, disaster struck! Befor my very eyes my dreams were slipping away in the most drastic fashion. By the 50 min it was 4-3 ( yes it took them 5mins to score three times), just past the hour Keane completed his hatrick it was 4-4, what was going on I cudnt stand it, Kanoute scored a 40 yard screamer for Spurs in the 78min 5-4 spurs I was almost in tears, how could this of happened? I decided all I could do was attack, and it paid off, Bently equalised in the dying seconds, thank god it was 5-5 and it was heading to extra time, but wait, Spurs gave the ball away from kick off, my promising LW Jamie Burns picked up the ball from the half way line, cut inside lanched a rocket at the Spurs goalie and it flew top corner 6-5 I cudnt believe it, I was screaming at the top of my lungs, I never knew I could feel such emotion from CM.

I went on to win the final also:)

2. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    I was managing Betis, I had bought Crespo, and I destroyed R. Madrid 4-0, with Crespo getting all 4.

Also, I was managing A. Villa (after starting with Nottingham Forrest, getting them promoted and finishing 8th in the 1st division) and I was in the Euro (Uefa) Cup final against Stuttgart. They scored after 3 minutes, Hitszlperger tied it up, they took the lead again, then Forssell scored to tie. It went to ET, and Forssell scored a brilliant hattrick to wrap up the win.

3. scottinkc

scottinkc Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Kansas City, MO
    CM4, Darlington v Arsenal, 3rd rd of the League Cup. Neil Maddison hits a 30 yd screamer into the net in the first minute. Thierry Henry peppers my goal with shots for the next 89 minutes, and I hold on for the 1-0 victory.