Your most anticipated match(es) of group stage?

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by CBusCrew12, Dec 13, 2005.

1. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Costa Rica v. Poland - Both teams score AND allow a lot of goals. Expect fireworks with a place in the next round likely to be on the line.

Holland v Argentina - No brainer. Two powerful, exciting teams squaring off.

Italy v Ghana - This will be the epic battle of the first set of games. Both teams have a lot to prove and dramatically contrasting styles.

Portugal v Iran - Not sure why... it's just a hunch.

2. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Putting France's matches aside :

Argentina v Holland and all matches from this group.

Brazil v Japan

Ghana v USA :D

Mexico v Portugal

Australia v Japan well, this group might be entertaining.

England v Sweden

3. levineto

levineto New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Miami
    These will be two games at group stage that could easily be quarter finals:

Argentina vs Holland (First game for both teams...wow..whoever wins here may consider qualified for the 2nd round)

England vs Sweden (Because of the history)

4. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Germany - Costa Rica: It's the opening match and these are always exciting. Costa Rica is a fun team to watch and I think they are capable of shocking Germany. They certainly put up one hell of a match against Brazil in 02.

England - Sweden: I just have a hunch that one of these two teams won't make it out of the group stage. I think Paraguay is capable of getting 5 points out of this group and that would make things very interesting.

Netherlands - Argentina: Mouth-watering match-up. Hopefully, it won't be a snooze-fest like Argentina-England in 02.

Italy - Czech Republic: Another hunch. One of these two teams won't make it out of the group stage. I dont think it will be a particularly exciting game, since this is an Italy game. At least shouldnt be high-scoring.

Brazil - Japan: The Confederations Cup match was extremely exciting and I dont think this game will disappoint.

Spain - Ukraine: I think this will be a great game.

5. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    I agree completely, good choices.