Your Japan squad & starting XI for FWC

Discussion in 'Japan' started by AKITOD, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    hey brothers
    just to let y'all know quanda and qtiki are socks

2. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Ok, roger that!!!

3. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shhhhh......I'm trying to get him to argue with himself

4. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    LOL kkk
    the troll(s) come(s) on a 3-week basis.
    the next one should come may end :D

5. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hey, by now they're kinda part of the landscape. We'd feel very lonely if they'd leave for good...

We're really looking forward to reading what they have to say about the Japan at the World Cup.

Are "they" going to say that there is no future for Japanese football...?
    Naaaahhhh..... :rolleyes:

6. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    believe me mod
    they are a bit too senseless to realize they are dumb

different excuses will bound to come out if japan play well in the world cup.

but yes..i agree with you that trolls (especially in asian forums) are beginning to turn into a trend. ;)

7. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yep, we mods have a lot of inside jokes, and we make bets on their number of yearly socks. They have no idea of how much they entertain us... :rolleyes:

8. aramex redded

aramex redded Red Card

May 12, 2010
    Best 11 of Japanese team.

Do we really have to know that?

Japan is gonna come back home early anyway.

Result:

Japan 0-4 Netherlands
    Japan 0-1 Denmark
    Japan 0-2 Cameroon.

I think somebody needs to sing a death prelude before Japanese teams depart to South Africa.

9. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    kk mod

get your guns ready
    we got a left 4 dead zombie named aramex up there :rolleyes:

10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would start with one striker and 5-man midfield. Cause Japan have no supersub to throw on if both Okazaki and Mori starts.

11. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I think the same too... since Japan have a lot good midfield and they are much better than the forward, i mean in scoring a goal. :)

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, it's the sad truth. :/

13. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ok, I'd start with these 11 for a 3-4-3...

Higashiguchi <=seriously, check out this guy!!

Mori
    Makino
    Hosogai

Nozawa
    Ono
    Ogasawara
    Kagawa

Kurotsu
    Maeda (Watanabe)
    Sato

...oh... wait... :eek:

14. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Today's score

Troll 0-3 Mods

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    You're a kamikaze man. Three defenders with ... Hosogai and Mori ? :eek:

If I had to make one :

[LINEUP-4-5-1]Okazaki, Kagawa, Nozawa, K.Nakamura, Endo, Hasebe, Nagatomo, Tulio, Iwamasa, Uchida, Sogahata[/LINEUP-4-5-1]

OneiroPhobia repped this.
  16. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    In my wildest dreams, I'd just love to piss-off Okada. :)

17. magic journey

magic journey Member+

Feb 20, 2010
    lmao! :d

I realy wonder what is gonna be Tulio's perform ...
    Ofcourse, Okazaki is my only hope for Scoring...
    He were the number one goal scorer in last year at NT. Lucky Okada...
    I cant imagine if Okazaki were at the field on Osim era...
    <lasty: Okada very lucky in that point to have Okazaki, whom scored bunch of goals since Okada period.

it seems under Okada period only chance score is, must Okazaki at field/squad . therefor: stay fit and healty Okazaki! You are the One in this WC hope for me.

18. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    Why ? The team has Nakazawa and Tulio (do you remember the header he scored against Cameroon ?), they can score a couple of headers. They're amazing in the air, the team has excellent crossers. Sure the pretty tall adversaries won't just sit there and watch but still...

[​IMG]
    Okada should really focus on set pieces considering the qualities of the players at his disposal.
    The two Nakamura, Endo, Tamada, Honda are very good FK takers, with all those guys around, I can't see Japan failing to score at least a single free kick during the group stages phases.

Not to mention long range shots...Must be routine for J-Leaguers, considering the sheer amount of long distance blasts making their way to the nets. :rolleyes:

The best possible "starting 11" in South Africa is the following one : A classic 4-4-2 :

Narazaki
    Nakazawa
    Tulio
    Uchida
    Nagatomo
    Hasebe
    Endo
    S. Nakamura
    Honda
    Morimoto
    Okazaki

A single striker won't be enough, it might work against Cameroon but he would be "eaten" by the likes of Kjaer, Agger...Okazaki is FAR more productive when associated with Johnsen than playing alone in attack.

The role of the super sub would naturally belong to Tamada : He got experience, he is still mentally sharp and he can punish overconfident defenders such as he did against Ghana.

But If I was the coach of the NT I would pick the following players :

Starting Eleven :
    ----------Narazaki---------
    ------Tulio--Nakazawa-----
    Nagatomo-----------Makino
    ---------------------------
    ------Hasebe--------------
    ------------Ogasawara-----
    ----Ono-----------Honda---
    ---------------------------
    ----------------Koroki-----
    -------Okazaki------------

Nagatomo can play at the right side but I am not sure if he is better than an "authentic" right fullback such as Uchida. Makino would have no trouble playing in the position assigned to him considering it's quite close to his role at club's level, I have no need to explain why he deserves a place : combativeness, perfect mentality, team spirit, attacking/goalscoring skills...etc but he is not reliable enough defensively to play in central defense. Oga and Ono are certainly the best playmakers of the continent, leaving the TWO of them at home is pure masochism.

Koroki is a very interesting player, he is a skillful dribbler capable of getting rid of defenders with ease, he got pace, endurance and can cross half of the pitch in no time providing he has space, a deadly player during counter attacks.

Rest of the squad :

Kawashima
    Kawaguchi
    Iwamasa
    Komano
    Uchida/Yasuda
    Abe
    Endo/K. Nakamura
    Ishikawa/Nozawa
    S. Nakamura/Kagawa
    Sato
    Morimoto/Maeda

VERY hard to decide regarding certain players, either choice would be good. Japan would have a sick bench and all the necessary players to replace injured/tired/suspended ones and reverse the course of games ! The B team would be almost as good as the first one. Needless to say it's a very attacking minded squad.

Okubo, Matsui, Konno ==> Reserve. :eek:

19. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The problem I see with that is that Okazaki and Koroki both play off big target men.
    The only player that could off that role right now is Morimoto. The only question now is how match sharp he is and how well he'll really gel at the World Cup since he's only got a handful of caps.
    Personally, I just don't rate Koroki. I've never seen what the hype is about. He gets a lot of chances playing off Marquinhos (who also does a great job sucking defenders in), but just doesn't produce that much.

Nakazawa has been in a huge slump this year. I think I'd go with Iwamasa instead.
    I like your midfield better than Okada's. I can't fathom not taking Ogasawara, especially while Endo is underperforming so much.
    I'm starting to come around on Ono. I think I was biased because he's really done nothing in Germany the past couple of years. There is the benefit that he'd have an understanding with Okazaki as well.

Finally, why no Matsui? I think I'd use him, Kagawa, or Sato as a super sub instead of Tamada.

20. Value san

Value san New Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [LINEUP-4-4-2] Okazaki, Tamada, Kengo, Inamoto, Hasebe, Shunsuke, Nagatomo, Nakazawa, Tulio, Uchida, Narazaki[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

21. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [LINEUP-4-4-2]
    Honda,Okazaki,Matsui,Inamoto,Hasebe,Kengo,Nagatomo,Tulio,Nakazawa,Uchida,Narazaki
    [/LINEUP-4-4-2]

If one condition, Honda to play extremely high, higher than Okazaki if he like, just don't drop back any lower than Inamoto

22. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    [LINEUP-4-4-2]Okazaki,Morimoto,Matsui,Honda,Endo,Hasebe,Nagatomo,Tulio,Nakazawa,Uchida,Narazaki[/LINEUP-4-4-2]Solid defence, real wingers, two forwards, a "half" offensive (Honda) and "one and a half" defensive (Honda, Endo though that's the weak point after last game) midfielder. And that should fit for Cameroon and Denmark but against Netherlands it should be more defensive (two defensive midfielders).

23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    [LINEUP-4-3-3]Honda, Morimoto, Okubo, Kengo, Abe, Hasebe, Nagatomo, Tulio, Nakazawa, Uchida, Kawashima [/LINEUP-4-3-3]

OneiroPhobia repped this.
  24. larc-en

larc-en Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You clearly do. You keep on coming back here :)

[LINEUP-4-4-2]Okazaki, Morimoto, Matsui, Honda, Hasebe, Shunsuke, Nagatomo, Nakazawa, Tulio, Uchida, Narazaki[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

25. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [LINEUP-4-4-2]Morimoto, Okazaki, Matsui, Ogasawara, Hasebe, Honda, Nagatomo, Tulio, Iwamasa, Uchida, Narazaki[/LINEUP-4-4-2]