Your game of the season

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Flash2, May 5, 2005.

1. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England
    So the season is nearing its end, I was wondering what is your Arsenal game of the season??...

Arsenal - 5 Middlesborough - 3

The comeback in that game was amazing and the football we played on that day was first class, also cant forget henry first time lob and reyes goal.

Honorable mention for the chelsea game at highbury.

2. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My game of the season was the 5-4 win over Sp*rs at 3-point Lane. Back and forth the whole time, and it's always good to beat Sp*rs, especially when we put 5 goals past them.

3. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England
    Oh yeah how could i forget us doing the double over them.

4. Milkman

Milkman New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to agree on the Arsenal 5-3 Boro match. I was at the pub, there were a bunch of Celtic, Man U, and Newcastle fans around... all rooting against the Gunners. We were so far down in that game but came roaring back and none of the haters could believe it. I relished that victory!

5. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    i liked the 5-3 match vs Boro and i thought the 2-2 at Highbury vs Chelsea was very entertaining

6. bergkamp10

bergkamp10 New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    No offence but that game was the biggest calamity of the season. It was a total comedy of errors. While we did score 5 we managed to let in 4. King's goal off a set play was horribly defended. Vieira, Toure and Cygan all somehow misjudged the ball together. I get heartburn even thinking about.

The Arsenal-Boro game from August was the match of the season for me. We managed to turn the game on its head. We demonstrated our resolved to fight back from a 3-1 deficit to win 5-3. Also it was a record breaking win for us. Honourable mention goes to the 2-2 draw vs. Chelsea in December.

7. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our 3-0 defeat of ManU in the FA Cup Final. The surprise start for a clearly injured but brave Henry, his early goal from outside the box, RVP running rings around Rio to score that screamer into the upper corner of their goal early in the 2nd half, Rooney's 2nd yellow for diving, Fergie getting sent off seconds later, and then Carroll accidentally kicking the ball off of Keane and into his net to seal our win. Great game.

Oh wait a second, you guy don't know about that one yet. :D

8. elknco1

elknco1 Member

Aug 20, 2004
    i loved that 5-3 win against Boro as well. great goals from both teams. except for the 3rd boro goal where lens was just waaaaay out of position..

9. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Shhhh, you weren't supposed to tell anyone. Repped by the way, I hope you're right.

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    No doubt for me, the 5-3 win over Boro. Very emotional and exciting match. It demonstrated our courage and toughness. The lads never gave up.

11. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Boro came was great.
    Chelsea draw was great to watch even if the result not suburb.

I also really enjoyed the carling cup game against then 3rd (i think) Everton. Went a goal down. Kids decided they were having none of this losing milarky and went on to trounce em 3-1. Classic.

Almunia was hopeless in that game too.

12. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    If we loose 3-0 I'm blaming you for tempting fate and bringing bad ju ju on us!!!

13. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    Definitely the 'Boro game. I still remember sitting in my apartment, hoping that somehow they could come back. It was like an explosion when they did and was the greatest scene I've ever seen when Reyes put in the go-ahead goal.

14. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I didn't say it was the best defensive match I've ever seen, but it's just the one that stuck out in my mind the most, granted I only got to listen to the Boro match, whereas I was watching the Sp*rs match. And you can't tell me that wasn't intense. It seemed like every time we scored they nicked one back and were right back in the game. Again not a match to use when talking about defense, but it sure was exciting.

15. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    try telling an italian observer born c.1970 that match was the best game of the season :p

my game of the season is the premier league match vs chelsea back in december. it ended 2-2 but we could of and should of have won. henry spurned one of the easiest chances(to make is 3-2) i have seen him miss since that chance against southampton a few seasons back when he spooned it over the bar with an open net.