Your central defender duo

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by |--LdC--|, Jul 8, 2005.

1. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    What central defenders would you start for the next season?
    Choose 2 :)

2. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I would start R. Costa and P. Emmanuel and throw in Bruno Alves every few games and see if he's good enough to take a spot. J. Costa is getting too old to start regularly, so maybe he can start the cup games and leave the bulk of the league games to the others.

Pepe doesn't belong on our team :cool: . We should sell him and buy Ze Castro before one of the other 2 get their grubby hands on him.

3. T.Reis

T.Reis New Member

May 23, 2005
    Oakville, Canada
    I'd use Ricardo Costa and rotate between Pedro Emmanuel and Jorge Costa. If need be I wouldn't mind using all 3 and having Ricardao Costa play more in a defensive midfielder role if Bosingwa/Alves need's a rest.

Pepe is still a young guy. I'd still keep him and see if he can rebound. I might have loaned him out though since we still have Bruno Alves who can play back there just incase someone (and with Pedro Emmanuel & Jorge Costa they will) get's hurt.

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Porto should go with the best and the youth, Bruno Alves and Ricardo Costa, Emanuel should be the sub, and the old captain should be like Secretario last seasons, in the bench

5. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    To start the season I would start R. Costa and J. Costa. As the season wears on I would use more of Emmanuel and Alves and begin to slowly reduce Jorge Costa's time. It would be hard to imagine at the beginning of the season though, that Big Jorge would start on the bench. I can't see it happening. Unless Adriaanse sees things differently.

6. Porto#1

Porto#1 New Member

May 8, 2005
    Toronto/Portugal
    Ricardo Costa and Pedro Emmanuekl for me.

7. robocope

robocope New Member

Apr 9, 2005
    Lisbon
    Ricardo Costa & Pepe. :)

8. RonaldoQuaresma88ca

RonaldoQuaresma88ca New Member

May 9, 2005
    Pedro Emanuel and Ricardo Costa played solid together for long stretches last season. Jorge Costa should be a sub player, while Bruno Alves should be slowly given games to become familiar with the system of the team. Pepe would also be a sub player.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Baia~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~Bosingwa~~~R. Costa~~~~~P. Emanuel~N. Valente~