Your boots

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by calcioguy9, Sep 16, 2002.

1. calcioguy9

calcioguy9 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Wisconsin, USA
    alright, since 90% of the threads here are about boots, what boots do you own and what are you favorites?

i own:

-adidas Supernovas (match)
    -adidas Kaiser 5's (practice)
    -adidas Predator Precision (old match, ripped out and taped together, hard leather, no shape. why do i still have them???)

my favorites are the Supernovas. i never really like the predator vamps, i felt i lost a bit of touch.(maybe its changed, who knows). and as you can tell, im a fan of adidas. best quality and durability.

2. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    one pair of mania's for training, another for match...old nike mecurial sg's for wet weather.

and i got both pair's of mania's for free through my college team...so none of this rich white boy ************ that's been going on lately.

3. zizou9

zizou9 New Member

Sep 28, 2001
    Georgia
    adidas predator mania fg(match)
    adidas predator precision 2 fg (was match till friday, now practice)
    adidas copa mundial
    adidas predator precision sg (wet days)
    adidas top sala (indoor)

guess i like adidas

4. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fila Claudio Reyna (match and practice)
    Nike Air Zoom Brasil (backup, absolutely hate playing in them)

5. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    1.Nike Mercurial Vapor (match)
    2.Nike air zoomTotal 90 ll (match sometimes)
    3.Brasil RTX (Old match boots)
    4.Umbro specaili ( Ripped and i am returning)
    5.Puma King all around (tranning)
    6.Adidas Predator Manias ( I hate them and want to get rid of them I only wore them one time a waste of money)
    7.Nike air zoom total 90 ic ( old indoors)
    8.Adidas Copa indoor (indoor)

I am buying the Vapors in soft ground they are one of the best boots i have ever worn and I am quite happy with them over all, i am also about to geta new pair of indoors i am thinking the tiempo premeir or the new air zooms any feed back on those shoes would be apprecaited and i know i have a a lot of boots i dont need other people making comments about it what i choose to spend money on is my own thing so keep the critical analysis to yourself thank you

6. Dynamo73

Dynamo73 New Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Cleveland
    Hey Elninho (or anyone else who can answer this question), what are Claudio's Fila boots like? I want to try something new, but those look so clunky in the catalogs. (Maybe it's just the quality of the photos I've seen, but they remind me of a horrible pair of near plastic Mitres I had when I was 12.) Can you compare them to any other shoes in terms of weight, feel, etc?

And to stay true to the thread, I have

Adidas Predators (the very first version introduced, with the fins all over the front half of the shoe -- I forget all the initials and crap that identify them). I actually like them very much, but they're a bit heavy. I wear them for most of my games

Copas. Totally comfey, but I've had them for so long I'm bored with them.

Puma Finale (w/ "snap in" cleats). I don't think they make these any more, but they're sweet. Black with white Puma stripe and subtle (if that's possible) flourescent green highlights. They're too narrow for my feet, so I don't wear them much any more.

Nike Air Zoom indoors. Very comfortable, very shock absorbent, but the gum lip covering the toe crumbled off and my sock is starting to poke through a hole in the front b/c the gum lip coming up from the sole is glued, not stitched.

7. NC_ODP02

NC_ODP02 New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    NC, USA
    Ok, I have:

Nike Air Zoom Total 90 II's (white/red) for match play(very comfy)
    Predator Precision 2's(have holes, so I practice in them)
    Copas(holes as well)......

The Nikes have a very nice feel to them and they are already broken in after a game and a practice....

8. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    damn, i wish the Nike Air Zoom Total 90 II's fit me well. the 9.5's are just a tad too small and the 10's are too big. I normally wear a 9.5, but these are exceptionally tight in the toe area. I guess I'll stick with the Mania's, don't have a complaint yet about them.

9. helmzgk

helmzgk New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    california
    Copa Mundials forever. I've also used the Kaiser 5's and those are good but not better than the Copas. If you want something that rates a 10 at everything, it's the Copa's.

10. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Nike Mercurial Vapor fg (match)
    Nike Match Mercurial fg (practice)
    old Nike Mecurial fg (practice sometimes)

11. ViNo GiNo

ViNo GiNo New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Australia
    Match - Lotto Sheva 3F PU
    Practice - Lotto Extreme PU
    Practice - Adidas Predator Accelerator FG
    Practice - Adidas Predator Touch SG

The Sheva's are nearly dead coz of the hard dry picthes we play on over here in Australia...

My fave's are prob the Lotto Extreme's though the X-Grip is wearing off nowadays...

The Accelerators are very durable and reliable while the Predator Touch are as heavy as a brick... though the fins work well when curving a ball etc.

Now waiting for the Lunar coloured Mania's...due to arrive to our shores in Feb 2003.

12. cellerator310

cellerator310 New Member

May 4, 2002
    Puma Cellerator - match shoes, these are so comfortable, definitely the best shoes ive ever worn, but the leather comes apart pretty easily even when i treat it.

Nova Mundial - future match shoes, got these for $10 from my friend but there are a size too big i am waiting to grow into them

Kelme Trueno - was old match shoe now is practice shoe, also very comfy but the studs are way too small.

Nike Air Zoom IC 90 - for turf/indoor, ive never had a pair of synthetic leather shoes before but after these im not buying a pair of them again. they are light, but the heel rubs a lot and the synthetic doesnt give me good touch on the ball.

Every one of these i got on sale..the Puma's for $80, Kelme's for $60, the Nike's for $60 and the Nova's for $10, I don't feel like coughing up $150 for regularly priced shoes.

13. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Reynas are anything but clunky - they're the lightest boots I've ever worn, though for their price range (about $130 regular price when I got them, I bought them on sale at half price) they're probably about average weight. I'm not sure if they're real leather or synthetic, I'd have to check on that, but I get really good touch with them. IMO they're especially good for chipping the ball or hitting free kicks and corner kicks.

One very important note: Claudio Reyna apparently has wide feet, so his boots are built for that. If you have narrow feet, you'd probably be better off with different shoes.

14. calcioguy9

calcioguy9 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Wisconsin, USA
    i thought they were too, but one of my friends got them. they are really soft and light, nothing of what they look like in catalogs. he's quite content with them.

15. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Puma King Top di:Match/Training boots
    Predator Precision CL SG:Match/Training

it just depends ont eh conditions.

16. Beasley7

Beasley7 New Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Silver Vapors FG (match)
    Blue Pred. Precisions (pratice)
    Black Manics SG (wet)
    Mercurial 1 SG (wet)
    Air Zoom International (pratice/match)

I pretty much am obsessed with boots. :p

17. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    Well, I'm down to one pair of FG boots. the studs on the bottom of my older mania's broke off...like the whole back stud plate. very odd...but to be honest...i gave those boots a lot of wear and tear. they only lasted from May of this year though :(

lets hope my new pair of mania's last a bit longer. i think i might order a new pair of boots and switch them out every other day. im really liking the diadora leggera's...anyone know anything about these???

thanks.

18. GreenDay

GreenDay New Member

Sep 15, 2001
    Estonia
    You guys are crazy. (Or rich, wich is more likely). I have a pair of puma FG synthetic boots, but two studs broke off and I took them back today. I have to wait 2 weeks to see if they'll refund them. Until then I have to go to practice with my Diadora indoor boots... :(

19. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    well, i got both pairs of adidas mania's for free. my college team is sponsored by adidas. but if i want anything other than adidas, i have to spring for it myself...but i get a pretty nice sized discount from my coach with diadora since he has a contract with them for coaching the pdl team that i played on this summer. theres no way i could afford mania's on my own. if i had to spring for boots on my own...id be wearing 30 dollar plastic boots.

20. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    which PDL team do you play for? I am trying to get into that league or a lower level pro team and i was just wondering when the PDL starts its tranning sessions again

21. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    the PDL is a summer league. they usually have tryouts in the late spring...around the first part of april. the season runs from may to august...and is made of pretty much all collegiate players and a few professionals. but i loved it and its a great way to improve.

22. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    wow...we're sponsored by adidas but the best we can get is @ cost when buying boots. All this despite finishing first in Western Canada last year :S. Then there's the football team that hasn't made it to nationals in quite some time, and hasn't had a WINNING record for like 10years!

EDIT: This is a university team, not a high school team

23. CPFitz14

CPFitz14 New Member

Oct 10, 2002
    Match: Predator Mania FG(blue) well, i ordered them, maybe they'll come tomorrow

Predator precision 2 sg for wet matches

Practice: Adidas Incission? I dunno, like the $30 adidas ones that look like predators.

Man i love adidas

24. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I bought the total 90 ll's in white yesterday I know i have too many boots as is but I coudnt pass them up , I am going to buy the indoor 90's as well( tomorrow I think).

25. hukdonfoniks

hukdonfoniks New Member

Oct 4, 2002
    white Predator precision II's for matches

Precision I's for practice. might have to give up on them soon tho as theyve got a three inch tear

if it gets really wet i steal my teammates umbro zypro sg's. i usually wear the predators for games no matter how wet tho cos the touch is so much better.

copa turfs for indoor and practice

blue adidas top salas for indoor