Young Yanks: To UK or not to UK?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Beantowner, Jul 9, 2007.

1. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Who needs the cap Canadians when you have a bunch of Poles to cap?

They actually know how to take pks...

2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Too bad they didn't have more colonies!

3. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    no, they don't.

4. Shortbloke39

Shortbloke39 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Copenhagen DK
    Can you get some to translate for you?

5. Shortbloke39

Shortbloke39 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Copenhagen DK
    Well if you dont have a dream....etc :)

6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Why, don't you read English? Seems you don't read scores too well, so perhaps there's a reading issue. Can you read birthplaces?

Go troll elsewhere little poster.

7. Shortbloke39

Shortbloke39 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Copenhagen DK
    sorry but i still dont really get what on earth you are on about. You spout some drivvle and expect me to understand.... talk plain english... then perhaps i'll get it.... and possibly i'll be bothered about it..... but i very much doubt that :)

8. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    What I'm "on about" is the "drivel" you post about how poor, and "Polish" the German players are when they get further than you in the WC each year and you have to cap a stinking CANADIAN for heaven's sake.

And yet you'll trot out Owen and one game as proof that you are really that much better - if only you could actually progress in a tournament where it meant something.

You have no idea what you're talking about in regard Germany. You have no idea what you're talking about in regard MLS and you just make weak excuses for England being an underachieving team.

And you come on a US fan board to bash the US league and players.

All of which makes you a troll. That's all.

9. Shortbloke39

Shortbloke39 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Copenhagen DK
    aahh... now I get it.... you are refering to the National teams.... when i was refering to league... now i understand your error.

and im sure i said germanys polish players were good.... and i never knew you were so racist towards canadians.... how strange. Perhaps you should get out more mate. :)

10. Shortbloke39

Shortbloke39 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Copenhagen DK
    ...and aren't trolls from Norway???

11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I'm pretty sure trolls are short nasty things from all over Nothern Europe.

12. Shortbloke39

Shortbloke39 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Copenhagen DK
    oh my god... IM A TROLL :eek: :eek: :)

13. ECU_SIMMS

ECU_SIMMS New Member

Oct 25, 2006
    MSL? is that major soccer league. I have no idea what that is. WHen is the last time an english manager won the premier league or the champions league?

14. Shortbloke39

Shortbloke39 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Copenhagen DK
    Is that the best you can do... point out a typo?:rolleyes:

And what on earth has the English manager bit got to do with the price of fish?

Plenty of English players have Champ league winners and runners up medals..Premiership ones...etc. cant think of any English managers off the top of my head...so?

Whats your point? We are crap and the US is brilliant?? Gimme a break mate... i never started this thread... as its quite pointless. It seems the opinion is young american talent should not go to UK... well UK comprises of 4 different countries and a miriad of leagues so saying UK is not very specific... but i digress... If you think any talented players from your country should not go to 'UK' then fine... thats your opinion.... im sure it will cause the downfall of the premiership and the end of football in 'UK' as we know it :rolleyes:

15. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    ....................................................Anyway!

I'd like to see US players come to the UK, as, international rivalries aside, the Premiership and about 75% of the Championship, plus Leeds and Forest have purpose built residential academies for youngsters. You can't help the way teams play, its always been the way of football here, but that doesn't mean that US youngsters couldn't be developed here into players who could succeed across Europe. A lot of more modern English academies are producing European style players (Aaron Lennon, Leeds. Theo Walcott, Southampton) plus the real youngsters Danny Rose from Leeds is one to watch in the future. Onyewu needed to go to a club where he would be given a regular starting berth, and more time to develop, as should Beasley. He especially could be a decent PL player, if only Man City needed something more than a short term fix for a problem position.
    I think the England team has struggled because of poor management from the FA, a money is everything attitude and no coherent youth policy. French players do well because the best youngsters go to Fontainbleu to the central academy, and learn the game better than a young English player on two day release from school.
    The English clubs have pretty good academies, I'm not altogether biased here but Leeds have a fantastic youth system, David Seaman, Paul Robinson and Scott Carson have come through it. Rio Ferdinand was rubbish when he signed from WHU. Aaron Lennon and Matthew Kilgallon are the latest from a few lean years but the 16 year olds, Michael Woods, Tom Elliott, Tom Taiwo, Ben Gordon, Danny Rose and Rob Bayly look like future internationals, with Woods, Taiwo and Gordon going to Chelsea for £7m.
    I'd like to see Altidore, EJ, etc over in the Championship for a year or two, at a strong team, they'd develop by playing the game, as here there is a sink/swim/or drop down divisions attitude to youth development, whereas in Spain and Italy there are very few pro divisions they could drop down to.

16. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Now that we've got that cleared up - remember, trolls do best under bridges, in caves and on ebay.

17. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Another guy who needs a course in economics:

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=afp-fblnedgullityouth&prov=afp&type=lgns

18. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget World Rivalries.

19. Shortbloke39

Shortbloke39 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Copenhagen DK
    I got red carded in a barca room for poking fun at the size of their trophy room compared to madrids... said for basic trolling.... so you are right mate... i am one.... never heard that before coming in here.... so you cant poke at rival teams in their own rooms cos thats 'trolling' .... how very very childish!

I cant believe im a troll...this is your fault.... im gonna go shave now :)

20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Yeah, that's kind of the definition of trolling. And yes, it is extremely childish behavior. No need to shave, just go find some billy goats and a bridge.

Or, hard as it might be, something better to do.

21. Shortbloke39

Shortbloke39 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Copenhagen DK
    oooh... thanks for the tip :rolleyes:

22. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Don't mention it.

Really.

Don't.