Young Turk Jozy Altidore: it's been Villarreal [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by sidefootsitter, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
  2. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Re: Young Turk Jozy Altidore

Is this New thread? :)

3. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004

It's only a new thread if there are more than two posts in it.

There ...

4. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005

[​IMG]

5. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

LOL Jozy looks goofy as hell in that picture.

Anyone got video of his arrival? Did they make a big deal about it?

6. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004

Fellas,

Jozy's first game in his new club is, this week league matchup.

Do not forgot Guys, Game is on FRIDAY .

Spor Toto Super Lig week 20

Game: BURSASPOR vs SIVASSPOR
    Venue: Bursa Atatuk Stadium
    Time: 4 FEB. Friday 20:00 pm (local time)
    TV: LIG TV
    Web: www.digiturkwebtv.com (official broadcaster site. subsc/$,single game,weekly packet,montly packet, seasonal packet, aspecialy seasonal packet is very economic).

Bursaspor last weekend match up vs Galatasaray was good finale...
    In the Title race ,Bursaspor must win this game for closing to the gap with the leader Trabzonspor.

Sivasspor struggle this season. Theyr at the moment red alarm zone...They have to get atleast 1 point from this game to survave at the top league world.

But, everyones knows that, in this league ,one of the most most difficult stadium to stil the game from Bursaspor. Istanbul giants also faile to win or get point in this ground...

I gues, Sivasspor will gonna play full defensive game...They will look for counter attacks and long ball tactics....aswell dead ball tactics to chance to score...

Bursaspor with new additions, The current squad become more more danger. No doubt They will have great partnership with deadly finisher Kenny Miller, Jozy and Sercan trio....
    They only wait Insua to comeback ,I heard He is fit...That mean more passing game football at the middle of the center, and this will give very good opportunity to the Jozy,Miller,Sercan at upfront duo to Insua's classy creativty....
    Bursaspor defens very solid, upfront now solid aswell, with Insua's return,theyr middle will gonna be ones again solid too hopefully....

Crowd will gonna make wonderfull Wellcomeing to the Jozy in friday night...

My predict is: 3-0 or 2-0

I wish Jozy good luck and bright career in his new club .

Regards.......

7. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYFoCQiGXzg"]YouTube - Jozy Altidore at Bursaspor 1st Interview[/ame]

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Thanks Herc!

Edit: That kid playing the Clarinet was AWESOME! LOL I was waiting for snakes to start dancing for Jozy.

Hey Rox', how has Insua been sinc

e he arrived? He was not the player I remembered when he was last at boca, a big FAIL on their part getting him.

How has he done in turkey?

9. McGarnagle

McGarnagle Member+

Apr 29, 2010
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So they play 3 up front?

10. Adiaga Two

Adiaga Two Member+

Oct 4, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If so, that could really work out in Jozy's favor. His best moments come when he can get the ball high up on the flanks and then wind and grind his way towards goal.

Or maybe they put him in the middle. Would certainly help what appears to be his new NT role in a 4-5-1.

11. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004

Hey there.....

Insua doing good since He arrive...Game by game its shows how importand player He is... Aspecialy at the ball pass transitition(spell?). He is the main factor Bursaspor pass numbers...With Insua the team passing number and moving forwards is rising, without Insua all thoes plus points number goes down....
    Over all: He is key member of this team, aspecialy in this system/tactics plan, theyr looks more smooth and danger with Insua at the leadership drive at the middle.

I have great hope for Jozy's partnership with Miller,Insua,Sercan combo.
    Miller is deadly finisher, Iam sure Miller will add and help Jozy's game perform etc in a few weeks playing side by side....
    Insua the Guy alonside Batalla(another good Argentinan star) will help Jozy's game no doubt....

Lets hope things start very positive and bright for Jozy.

Regards...

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

So far, he hasnt shown well in a 3 man line up top, as he has played there for Villarreal, and often times is pushed too far wide and ends up playing like a TRUE winger instead of a forward.

IMO he plays best in a 2 man attack up front.

13. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence

Time is on your side, Jozy.

14. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004

They play 4-1-3-2 , 4-2-3-1 , 4-3-3

Insua ,Ergic(xbasel captain),Svenson(Sweden Nt player) Batalla ,Huseyin,

Ergic,Svenson,Huseyin, playing DM's mostly....one of them or two of them plays ,it depends on coach game tactics....

Insua,Batalla,Volkan,Ozan, Bekir Ozan, Turgay plays at the offensive midfields areas.....

Turgay can play forward too. a versatile player. He can play wings too.
    Sercan poor finisher to me, but have got huge potential,(alex ferguson few time send scouting in recent seasons), Sercan can play wings too, He plays mostly forward,lone or double....

Miller is goal scorer deadly finisher, can play double upfront or lone top....

Jozy....well You Guys knows better over all where He can show his true potential,performance...

The last weekend winning vs Istanbulgiants aka; Galatasaray , was huge win.
    Morale way, points table way, and aspecialy recent weeks insonsistend performing of some key players, it signal of panics,,,,but with last weekend winning probably erase all thoes negativness....

I think from now on Bursaspor fully concantrade to the Title and CL spot, there is no easy game,realy.
    Sivasspor will gonna give big time efforts to Bursaspor .
    If Bursaspor cant find an early goal, the things gonna be an interesthing tension and tempo adrinaline at the field...

Jozy /Miller combo....cant wait kickoff........

16. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's been Villarreal.

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

When is sivasspor vs. Bursaspor? And any news on how fellow bolivian Ricardo pedriel is doing over there? A turkish friend said there were rumors of him going to a bigger team.... any truth to that?

18. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's a wonderful move for Jozy. Finally he'll get playing time to re-establish confidence scoring wise and do it against a reasonable level of competition.

As far as what role puts him in best position to succeed, I'd prefer he play as the left forward in a 3-4-3 or left attacking winger in 4-2-3-1. Those are the positions he's looked the best recently. He can create for teammates off the dribble in a bit of space, use his shooting power on angled shots, etc. He's going to get some scoring chances but not be expected to score frequently necessarily as he would in a striker role. Give that job to Kenny Miller.

19. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004

Actualy I add a short game preview at the page 1 in current thread.:)

Second:

Game is ; Bursaspor vs Sivasspor. its home game.

Pedriel played vs Fenerbahce 90 minute...vs Galatasaray 46 minutes..
    thats his recent games, and after that Sivasspor played vs Antalyaspor,Pedriel didint played.

Friday game if He play and score or assist etc, no doubt He will gets more attention as He had it before....

To Me their coach mentalty importand in this case, He use Mehmet Yildiz lone forward in last game were useless....He shut continue to use double top Pedriel/Mehmet combo.

Lets hope He plays in this importand match up.

back to the main topic:

Jozy will gonna sign infront of the fans Tomorrow at the stadium. The team announced that that tomorrow training session will gonna held in the stadium, alonside Jozy's official sign ceromony....:)
    Its midweek training session, and do not forgot Fellas, its a day time, noon 14:00 local time training/sign...I gues many fans will be at work/job in the training time period..therefor We are gonna see less crowd tomorrow probably.

The sign will live from bursasportv.

Regards

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Thanks Rox! :) Would +rep ya more, but I cant.

21. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United

Just curious..but is Jozy considered to be a starter? or could we see him fighting for pt and having sporadic appearences.

22. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm not the right person to ask in all honesty.

My guess is though he'd be behind Miller and Sercan at the beginning, so if viewed as solely a striker, and if they don't play 3 as is bandied about, then it could be a part time starter thing I suppose.

23. TheBrand

TheBrand Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Atlanta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Next thread title?

24. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004

You wellcome Buddy.:)

If Pedriel will gonna play, I will let You know before the game.

Fellas do not forgot, The game of Jozy is Friday night........

Jozy vs Pedriel , Bolivianfuego...... whats Your prediction?

Sign ceromony tomorrow local time 14:00 live from Stadium of Crocodile(spell?) .

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Yea, hopefully he plays.

Here's highlights of Pedriel when he was briefly on loan in the Turkish second division.

If anyone wanted to know what the teams looked like and how it looked like scoring on them, here are some goals from the second division. I think Freddy Adu will do fine over there.

I can't post over there :p so if someone wants they can quote my post and throw it in the thread as reference to what the level of play looks like in the second division.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSGliotx__8"]YouTube - Sivasspor | Ricardo Pedriel Suarez - New Bolivian Star! ?[/ame]

And a more recent goal of his with Sivasspor vs. Besiktas.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/pedriel-besiktas-7389130/

Anyways, he did really well on his loan, which convinced Sivasspor to go in for the kill to buy him. They are a bottom dweller though, and probably will get demoted to the second division.

He is one of their scoring threats though, has scored omse spectacular goals in turkey lately, and had a nice hat-trick in the last couple of months.