Young Sounders fan roughed up by security in celebration!

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by TorFC-TML, Sep 30, 2007.

1. TorFC-TML

TorFC-TML New Member

May 5, 2007
    Toronto
    Did anyone else see this? After the game was over and the players were celebrating and it was essentially a pitch invasion as tons of Sounders fans (some carrying big flags and such) ran onto the field to celebrate with the team.

Well during this there was a VERY CLEAR shot of a security guard (im assuming) grabbing a young fan, couldnt have been more than 12, by the back of his sweater and pulling him with quite a big of force to the ground. The camera cut away right after but I would bet it didnt end there. This kid is jumping up and down screaming and giving the camera two thumbs up as this guy grabs him from behind and pulls him to the ground

There were dozens of other fans jumping around! This security guard looked past all the adults and people his size running around and cheering and decided to flex his muscle against a child he knew he could handle. I thought it was absolutely disgusting and I had to come here and post about it.

I really hope someone has the footage of this and this scumbag loses his job.

2. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown

The incident happens exactly one minute and 25 seconds after the final whistle. There is a girl shown waving blue and white balloons, then the thug in question looks around, grabs the kid and throws him around. If needed, I'll try to post a screen shot from my TV...not sure how well it will come out, though.

Jonathan

3. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah i saw that too, i remeber thinking that was f*cked up but typical of security thug ass holes. Assuming he was security, he may have been the kids dad for all i know.

If it was security that would be pretty weak, i mean all those grown men and adults storming the pitch and your going to only get rough with a little kid?!?

4. nerevfan

nerevfan New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Seattle
    Was the guy wearing a Black Jacket and Hat

5. SeattleSupporter

Aug 17, 2004
    North Sound Ultra
    Here is the disturbing part.
    I was on the pitch last night (one of the bigger, adult males) and was not even confronted by security.
    Once I heard them asking people to leave the pitch, I did so.
    However, while running onto the pitch, and jumping around with the players...not once was I confronted by security.
    Hell, one of them even allowed me to open the barricade to get on the field.

It seemed as though they were targeting kids and smaller women. My friends girlfriend was also tackled/grabbed by some goon and she is a little lady.

I was told that one of the guys was indeed Douchebag Darryl from Qwest.
    I am not sure if he was the guy going after women and kids, but I do think he could of been "in charge" of the ProStaff goons last night.

6. nerevfan

nerevfan New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Seattle
    That is who I thought I had seen, Grabbing kids

He is truly a DOUCHE

7. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    Maybe Sounders fans will now stop taking perverse pleasure (and aiding and abetting BTW) in watching security goons and King County PD up there rough up and intimidate opposing fans.

Not as funny when it happens to you is it?

8. steven nevets

steven nevets Member

May 7, 1999
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That happens everytime to Portland supporters in Shittle.

9. SeattleSupporter

Aug 17, 2004
    North Sound Ultra

Ohhhh, are you playing the part of the poor victim again?

These were young kids and women, not 21 - 35 year old men giving them the finger. :D

I'm not sure where you get this "aiding and abetting" crap from, but I can assure you that the ECS does not work with suck-urity in any way.

Honestly, after how you guys talk about us, do you think we would care about how you lot are treated.

10. dmain

dmain Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if it is this person rev is talking about he is not suckurity but I think he is a Starfire FO guy. I see him all the time at games.

11. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    You should care about it because if you let it happen to others, and enjoy it, eventually it will happen to you and to fellow fans like it did in this case. If our security ever did anything like yours does I would take action for this reason alone. The poor kid got it because you lot have actively encourage such behaviour on the part of security for years.

And yes you have aided and abetted Qwest insecurity, no idea about Starfire but it wouldnt surprise me, in the past and bragged about it on the internet.

Good luck in the MLS.

12. SeattleSupporter

Aug 17, 2004
    North Sound Ultra
    You really should stop accusing people of things they have never done.
    Laugh and chant about it, yes.
    "Aided and abrtted", 100% false.
    You really should think about all of the fabricated crap you spew.
    Do you have facts to back any of it up?

Our group has never "actively encouraged" the suck-urity to do anything, other than remove the lost and wayward T.A. who always seem to end up in our section trying to start something.

Your group should own up to the fact that some of the things you have done in the past at Qwest has really effected how your group is treated there today.

We do have our own issues with them, but we try to work them out through the FO, and First and Goal.
    We don't feel the need to piss and moan about every incident we have on public forums.

13. bright

bright Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Central District
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I offered to help resolve the issue as a neutral intermediary with Qwest security, and all the Portland fans on your board had a conniption. "Oh my gawd, we'd never actually try to solve a problem with the help of a Sounders fan! It's so much better to whine about it and create a victim mentality!" It seems to me that you actually like the way security treats you because it adds fuel to your stupid rivalry fantasy.

And Finnegan, you THRIVE on using the message boards to spout all kinds of falsehoods. No one in ECS or any Sounders fan has ever encouraged security to engage in such behavior toward your fans or our own fans. You go beyond rivalry and step into libel territory. Why do you come onto every Seattle thread to look for any negative spin? Don't you have hobbies? Do you like to listen to music? Maybe you like hiking? Go do something to make your life enjoyable.

- Paul

14. sandshark5150

sandshark5150 Member

Jun 9, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw it on the telly and was in shock. My friend there saw it as well from the stand. I hope sometihng is done.

BTW--Timber fans, Sounders 4, Silverbacks 0.....

15. TorFC-TML

TorFC-TML New Member

May 5, 2007
    Toronto
    Please dont make this a Seattle v. Portland thread.

It's supposed to be about the douche bag security flexing his muscle against children.

16. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Staff Pro suck-urity are far worse than CSC ever were. And why douchebag Darrel was there (doesn't he work for Qwest/F&G??) is beyond me.

Believe me, the film is going to be forwarded to the proper people and hopefully, if this guy was suck-urity, there will be consequences.

17. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    Libel?

Do you really want to say EVER? Cause you are going to eat those words.

Ask your (former) friend David Falk about this. He SPECIFICALLY bragged about this. Back in 03 and 04 you lot were bragging about telling Qwest Security to search us because we were bringing smoke bombs into the stadium. That is what started all of the business with those sorry bastards from King County and Darryl in particular.

Attack me personally all you want Paul but my statement stands. You guys have taken perverse pleasure for years with our treatment and to now turn around and act shocked when it gets turned on you is the height of hypocrisy.

And yes you offered to try to work together and if you go back and read that thread I defended your ass and said you were for real and not a sock puppet so seriously man get a grip on reality.

Sorry folks, I was not trying to make this a Seattle/PDX pissing match but wanted to point out that visiting fans have been treated as criminals for years up there and it is not surprising at all what happened. The chickens are coming home to roost.

18. Lendog

Lendog Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Mt. Hood
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Darrel has issues.

Douchebag Darrel I mean.
    ;)

Anyone have this youtubed yet for those of us that haven't seen it?

19. bright

bright Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Central District
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Yeah, the Qwest security is generally not that great. But since they are human beings who are accountable to other human beings, somehow Sounder fans have managed to talk to them and get things resolved. Why can't your group do the same?

2. If Falk did that, then he did that. However, I will assume he was just talking shit to you because you guys were probably spouting your conspiracy victim crap after you got searched just like you do with the refs or the league or whomever you can find to rally against. That is my assumption, based on how I have experienced both Falk and the Timbers Army.

3. Are you trying to say that the experience of power and authority that Qwest security experienced when they searched you for smoke bombs transformed them into a goon squad terrorizing all soccer fans in their vicinity ever since? I am sure that they would otherwise be angels had they not ever deigned to violate your belongings.

4. You guys would have all gotten permanently 86'd had you managed to sneak a smoke bomb in and light it, so if Falk really did what you say he did, then he saved your asses.

5. Qwest isn't the only stadium that disallows smoke bombs. I wish Qwest allowed it, but they don't. Try throwing smoke bombs or lighting flares in some other stadiums and see what happens. You are lucky that PGE let's you do that.

6. I realize that you defended me in that thread, and I think that was very classy of you. Thank you. I sincerely wanted to help and would still like to help. But the reaction I got goes to show how borg-like the nasty hatred and purposeful stupidity is among your fanbase.

- Paul

20. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    I am jealous of this David Falk guy.

He grows in lore without ever actually having to do anything.

:D

21. SeattleSupporter

Aug 17, 2004
    North Sound Ultra
    It looks like the guy in the vid may of been a Starfire guy.
    He was not wearing the yellow ProStaff gear, and it was not DoucheBag Darryl.

22. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I DVR'ed the repeat on FSC today, couldn;t see it. Please someone post it so we can email this creeps employers. Well spotted. Nobody deserves to be roughed up like that.

23. thanatos80

thanatos80 New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Burien, WA
    I spoke to Starfire's managing director, yesterday, about this incident. She told me that they were aware of what happened (boys' family complained), but did not know that it had been caught on camera, and was all over the internet. She then thanked me for the information, and said that they would have to seriously consider making a public statement.

24. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

I finally got to watch the game tonight and did see the incident. What a wimp this security guy is. The field is literally full of supporters and this guy grabs the smallest guy on the pitch and throws him down with enough force to cause whiplash. What did he think this small boy was going to do that the 800 other people on the field weren't going to do?

25. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The guy didn't work for Starfire. He was Homeland Security. Don't you feel safer now?????? :D