Young prospects

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by elcharroatomico, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Liga MX - August 1, 2020:

América: Jorge Sánchez (22, DF) played the full match while Sebastián Córdova (23, MF) played 78 minutes.
    Tijuana: Víctor Guzmán (18, DF) played the entire game while Aldo Cruz (22 DF) and Iván López (21, FW) were respectively subbed in at the 46th and 82nd minute.

América won 4–0.

Mauro Lainez and Jordi Cortizo (Tijuana) are 24 now.

2. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Guzman goes 90 for the second game in a row for Tijuana.

America ran through Xolos constantly so there's not much to say for Xolos defense as a unit but Guzman showed some interesting things. He's still adapting to the pro game but his upside is tremendous.

On the other hand, Marcel Ruiz stayed on the bench this game which is definitely a bummer.

Philip J. Fry repped this.
  3. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Victor Guzman got taken out for a ride. He could not compete with Roger's physicality.

4. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Liga MX - August 2, 2020:

Toluca: Adrián Mora (22, DF) played the full match while Alan Medina (22, MF) played 65 minutes and Giovanny León (20, FW) was subbed in at the 85th minute.
    Atlético San Luis: Uziel García (19, DF) played the entire game while Pablo López (22, MF) was subbed in at the 60th minute.

Toluca won 3–2.

Mauro Lainez and Jordi Cortizo (Tijuana) are 24 now.[/QUOTE]

5. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    *60 minutes.

6. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Querétaro: No youngsters played.
    Mazatlán: César Huerta (19, MF) played the entire game while Roberto Meraz (20, MF) played 74 minutes.

The game ended 1–1.

7. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Santos Laguna: Ismael Govea (23, DF) and Alan Cervantes (22, MF) played the full match while Eduardo Aguirre (22, FW) played 72 minutes.
    Guadalajara: Cristian Calderón (23, DF), Gilberto Sepúlveda (21, DF) and José Juan Macías (20, FW) played the entire game, Jesús Ricardo Angulo (23, MF) played 75 minutes and was replaced by Zahid Muñoz (19, MF) while Sebastián Martínez (19, FW) played 46 minutes and was replaced by Uriel Antuna (22, FW). Sepúlveda got a yellow and Macías missed a penalty.

Santos Laguna won 2–0.

8. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #10383 Philip J. Fry, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    Liga MX - August 3, 2020:

Atlas: Jesús Alberto Angulo (22, DF), Édgar Zaldívar (23, DF) and Jeremy Márquez (20, MF) played the full match while Jairo Mungaray (19, FW) and Jairo Torres (20, FW) were subbed in at the 81st minute. Angulo got an assist.
    UNAM: Johan Vásquez (21, DF) and Érik Lira (20, MF) played the entire game while Carlos Gutiérrez (21, DF) and Jerónimo Rodríguez (21, DF) played 77 minutes and were replaced by Brian Figueroa (21, MF) and Alejandro Mayorga (23, DF). Sebastián Saucedo (23, MF) played 57 minutes, got a yellow and was replaced by Alan Mozo (23, DF).

UNAM won 2–1.

Angulo's assist.

9. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    UNAM: Amaury García (18, MF) was subbed in at the 91st minute and got a yellow.

10. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Liga MX - August 3, 2020:

León: Armando León (20, FW) was subbed in at the 78th minute.
    Monterrey: César Montes (23, DF) and Carlos Rodríguez (23, MF) played the entire game while Jonathan González (21, MF) was subbed in at the 73rd minute.

León won 1–0.

11. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  12. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

He is a defender.

13. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

14. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Roger was playing on the right hand side of midfield while Guzman was a CB on the right and I didn't see Martinez float to the opposite side of the field all that much. Cordova did give Guzman some fits though as Jaime Gomez had a very hard time trying to contain Cordova so Guzman had to step in and help a few times. I didn't devote all my attention to the game so I must've missed the parts where Martinez floated towards Guzman's side.

What I was looking at it was to see how certain traits he's shown with the youth teams would translate to the professional game.

He anticipated plays well, he was calm under pressure with the ball at his feet (for the most part) and he didn't complicate himself too much when it came to clearing the ball out of danger. He wasn't directly at fault for any of the goals and like I mentioned earlier, the entire defense was extremely disjointed at times so it's hard to highlight any positives from an individual perspective when your defense gives up four goals but I liked what I saw from the kid.

beat junky and Philip J. Fry repped this.
  15. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Your probably right I thought he was the left center back so I paid attention to that position lol. I caught the game on channel 5 on Mexico which only outpost at 480i so everything was blurry.

16. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

El Pipiripau repped this.
  17. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Liga MX - August 6, 2020:

Pachuca: Kevin Álvarez played the full match, Érick Aguirre played 46 minutes, Roberto de la Rosa played 64 minutes and was replaced by Érick Sánchez while Tony Figueroa (21, MF) was subbed in at the 81st minute. Aguirre and Álvarez got a yellow each.
    Querétaro: No activity for the youngsters.

Pachuca won 1–0.

18. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Liga MX - August 6, 2020:

Tijuana: Víctor Guzmán, Luis Gamiz (20, MF) and Marcel Ruiz (19, MF) while Aldo Cruz (22, MF) was subbed in at the 75th minute. Guzmán got a yellow.
    UANL: No activity for the youngsters.

The game ended 0–0.

19. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #10394 Philip J. Fry, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020

1291591325066784770 is not a valid tweet id

20. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1291592842616266752 is not a valid tweet id

21. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1291540474239438848 is not a valid tweet id

22. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Sanchez had a good game but he needs end product if he wants to be a liga mx regular. Hes to short to play a defensive position even by liga mx standards.

23. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Also in the Important Transfer Rumors thread.

24. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Liga MX - August 7, 2020:

Necaxa: Luis Malagón and Idekel Domínguez (20, MF) played the full match while Alejandro Zendejas (22, MF) and José Cobián (21, MF) were subbed in at the 79th and 89th minute respectively.
    América: Jorge Sánchez and Sebastián Córdova played the whole game while Antonio de Jesús López (22, MF) played 61 minutes.

The game ended 1–1.

25. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Liga MX - August 7, 2020:

Mazatlán: Carlos Vargas (21, DF) played the full match while César Huerta played 68 minutes while Roberto Meraz (21 MF) was subbed in at the 67th minute.
    Toluca: Adrián Mora played the whole game and got a yellow while Alan Medina (22, MF) was subbed in at the 59th minute.

Mazatlán won 2–1.