Young Prospects in FIFA 07

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by dustcowpoke, Jan 4, 2007.

1. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just wanted to make a list of all the young players in FIFA 07 where if you are in manager mode you can sign them for cheap and watch them grow.

Add to the list please if you know of any.

My list:
    1) Freddy Adu- DC United, goes from 69 to 85
    2) Aaron Lennon Tottenham, goes from 79 to 92-93
    3) Theo Walcott- Arsenal, goes from 76 to 99
    4) Lee Cattermole- Middlesborough, goes from 71 to 89
    5) Dos Santos- Barcelona
    6) Steven Davis- Aston Villa- from 70 to 86
    7) Dan Sturridge- Everton- becomes a 92 striker and you can get him on the cheap
    8) Quentin Westberg- Troyes- you can get this GK very cheap and he becomes 85 overall
    9) Matty Taylor- Newcastle- from lower 70s to an 87 CB

I did not include some players that were already over 80 because you cannot sign them cheaply and they want the big bucks. Examples include Jermaine Jenas, Lukas Podolski, and Metzelder.

2. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess that means no one knows of any other prospects then or they think this thread is stupid? :D

More in case you don't think this is stupid...

J. Obi Mikel- Chelsea- starts at 72 and sprouts into a 92 midfielder
    G. Rossi- Man Untied- starts at 72 and peaks at 89
    Diakke- CB from Lazio- grows to 85

3. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What kind of growth rate are we talking about. More precise, how long does it take for a player in manager mode to go from 70 to say 90 and is this in a particular difficulty level?

4. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think the difficulty level matters on rate of growth. A player from 70 to 90 depends. Some grow faster than others, but the great ones usually grow about 8-10 overall each year till they reach their peak.

I bought Terry Dixon from Tottenham when he was a 69. I'm in my second year and he is a 77. Projected in two years he becomes 91.

5. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I've only noticed the growth of only two players so far. One is by a point and the other by two:eek: Maybe I should fire myself:D

6. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Upgrade your coaching staffs to all 10s. It is really cheap compared to the stadium/negotiator/scout staffs. You will be surprised how fast you can get them up to 10.

Then if you have these young players in the starting XI it creates parabolic growth.

Also, you have to know who you are buying. If you buy Danny Szetela thinking he'll turn into a 90 CM just because at 20 yrs old he's rated as a 70 CM you're wrong. He maxs out at 77. You just have to know which young players really take off and which ones peak below 80.