Young kids in the River End?

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by Henryt, Sep 5, 2010.

1. DickyDunn

DickyDunn Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    OOOOOooooohhhh YOUR SOCKS HAVE HOLES!

[​IMG]

2. SoItGoes

SoItGoes Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Section 109
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    "Hey, tone it down, my kid is here" has been uttered in my general direction a few times this season, but I think it's mostly an issue with people mistakenly buying tickets in the River End without really knowing what they're getting into. It should be happening less and less by now, and hopefully it is. I think that is where the real issue is. If you have season tickets and you bring your kid sometimes and you know the deal, then it's not really a problem. On the other hand, I can't help but censor myself more when younger kids are around me, and that kinda blows.

3. element80

element80 New Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    A guy brought his sons to a match a few months ago in 135. The first time we did the YSA chant, he laughed, looked at his kids, and said "Don't tell your mother" We added that line to the chant for the rest of the match.

4. JINX_1391

JINX_1391 New Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brought my son (6) for his third match in the RE...he had a blast, everyone around us knows him and looks out for him...this was his first time at a winning game, and even got his nacho stained jersey signed by Le Toux after the game...

5. mansbro

mansbro Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Hatboro, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe we should scream "Earmuffs!" right before we do YSA or Yankee Doodle. You know, to protect the sensitive ears of the innocents in the stadium. :cool:

My kid loves the River End!