Young Guns - La Sele and Everything U21 Related

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Cris 09, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A place to discuss the youth NT's

2. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Great thread!

A few questions-

1. When is the next time the U21 play and against who? I know they've played with Venezuela and Argentine but I must admit I don't even know what tournament they are in- are they playing for a world cup spot?

2. For whoever has seen De La Cruz play, what are his abilities? Whats his playing style? Is he more like a Mendez, Guerron, Valencia..?

Thanks

3. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    1. The U-17 plays on monday at ten against chile. Por goltv
    2.He isn't a speed demon, but the closest of the mentioned is mendez, he distributes the ball well has decent vision and is calm with the ball even when pressured. For the most part he plays WITH HIS HEAD UP which is what a lot of our players lack in all age groups. And he has a good first touch.
    Another good midfielder that's impressing me is galindo from bolivia.- sorry if no one here cares but I just wanted to throw it out there lol

4. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    El hijo de Monica Galindo ? :D

5. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Quick question what ever happened ti that kid that played for real madrid? I think his kast name was guerron or something. Just curious if anyone knows how he's doing or is he a lost cause?

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Last i heard he was in the Real Madrid 'C' team and was sold/loaned to Emelec.

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    guerrero?

8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thats the kid...what happened to him?

9. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't think he's with Emelec anymore...I thought Liga de Portoviejo wanted him...not sure though. He made a huge mistake in coming to Ecua, should have stayed in Madrid.

10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not all that sure it was his choice...I mean, who wanted him there?? Did he have any offers??

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ummm...yeah. Madrid wanted him to stay and not come to Emelec but he said he wanted a chance to be "closer" to the NT. His time at Emelec wasn't good but he didn't get a chance to show what he was capable of. I think he played in Liga de Loja the second half of 2008 and did a really great job there.

When he played with the U-20 NT a couple months ago in the Sudamericana he did a really great job coming off as a sub. Guerrero is an awersome player. Teams such as LDU-Q and Macara wanted him for this season but I guess things didn't work out and right now he doesn't have a team. I'm pretty sure he's still training somewhere. But before I can give him anymore credit he needs to prove himself in a league....I'm positive he can do that.

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Cool...thanks for that info. Hopefully things work out for him and we can see him play some top football sooner than later.

13. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    thats the kid guerrero. That sucks I thought since he was in the Real madrid org he had a bright future.

14. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Yea Guerrero was the kid,,,he had a nice left foot.The good thing is that he is still young and can still make a comeback. Dum move to come to Ecuador he should have stayed in Spain.But I think that was his dad Lupo Guerrero who was putting the pressure on him.

15. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    And los cara sucias are doing real good in the tournament.We have a good future,buena base con los pelados.I like that kid Ordones he has an eye for gol and has a wicked shot,he just needs accuracy.

16. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah Ordonez seems pretty good....from what I've seen Caicedo, Ordonez, De La Cruz, Tello, and that one defender (last name starts with P) are really good players in the U-17 NT.

18. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Yea so we lost...
    1-0.. Wow I kind of expected it becuase we just stayed in our side of the field the entire first half like we needed papers to cross that border.. What really hurt was how late the goal came, after everything felt like it had come to an end.. Well now we need a tie or a win against uruguay OR a venezuelan victory or at least a tie.

19. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Did anybody see the game against Uruguay today? I saw De La Cruz put in another pk and Venezuela and Chile were 1-1 but I missed the end. I think the young guns made it to the next round.

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What the hell is going on with Peru?? They made it last even at the youth level....:eek:

21. santiago87

santiago87 New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    WTF first min colombia 1 ecuador 0 ! :mad:

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh shit!!!!!! Thanks for reminding me...it's on GolTV, 5th minute. What are the circumstances - we need to win, right???

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Beautiful goal from Colombia making it 2-0 for the Colombians. Lol as the gayest goal celebration though.

But anyway, they ate playing better and it was only a matter of timke that they woulod score as they bombed Ecuador's camp for 10 straight minutes. Ecuador with some nice moves until they shoot their weak ass crap.

Does this mean we are out?

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, Ecuador's keeper makes a stupid mistake and has to resort to fouling earning him a red and a penalty for Colombia.

Ecuador now with 10 players and down by 3.