Young Bolivians abroad.

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by bolivar10, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^I agree though, its nothing really, cause we hear alot about kids like this every couple years. I remember hearing a story about a kid i think from Milton Melgars academia getting scooped up by real madrids youth team and a fulll scholarship with school and all that as a result.

Never heard anything about this kid again, this was probably in the mid 2000s (03-05)

2. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i recall saying that he knows the game and the 'stuff' and he should be the next NT coach...the thing is when he was coach he wasnt given much time as he was fired like in 2 games....

and that carlos mendoze kid was in the good sub17 we had..he played left back and stood out A LOT

his full name is carlos enrique mendoza loayza

[​IMG]
    Datos Generales

Nombre:Carlos Enrique Mendoza LoayzaGenero:MasculinoDocumento:5705961
    Estatura Cms:165Peso Kg:63Tipo de Sangre:O+Fecha de Nacimiento:19-10-1992

Fútbol
    • [​IMG] Torneo de Futbol - Abierta - Masculina
    this is his profile from the bolivarianos..im not 100% its him...but im pretty positive

3. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Looks like Vargas is still in France.

4. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    2018 baby. 2018.

5. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://www.socfoot.com/News-file-article-sid-478.html
    article from their website on Rodrigo - paperwork is straight.

You'r right Maddog, as long as we keep calling them now to build their strength. Gotta get that new nat coach. THe process needs to start now not AFTER the WC- NOW.

6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Strange. I remember reading towards thre end of last year, he came back from France and was going to go back to bolivar, but then I heard nothing else. Maybe he decided to stay once he saw that he wouldnt get much time in bolivia given the buying of players they were doing?

7. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    That's cool. So Carlos MENDOZA is in ATLetico Madrid. Hopefully he can shine with the youth teams and eventually make it to the first team.

To have a Defender playing in Europe is BIG! Europe is loaded with quality defenders so I'm very happy. I see strength from all angles for our 2014 and 2018 team (more so with 2018).

8. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Fuego - you're right, he did come back but it was because of the paper work,not because he didnt like it. i think they were even paying for his apt. in Bolivia while he waited. So he's back, paperwork is ok, now playing for them.

Let's hope this kid in Atletico makes it to the reserve team at some point

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Interesting.... Who would know a third divison team would still have funds like that to provide for a player?

10. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Even though el diario press says it's a third division team, I don't think it is. Now I know wiki is not really a reliable source but according to them, it's a 5th division

11. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's 3rd division. I checked their website.

12. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    According to this article 19yr old Sebastian Molina is leaving Oriente and taking the M3 route in joining a lower division Brasilian side.

It says Molina told Quinteros yesterday that he was leaving to join second division side EC Bahia. Bahia is a very popular club and is where Dani Alves came out of. No confirmation yet, so who knows if it's a done deal, but I think it's much better than rotting on Quinteros' bench. He's one of the fastest youngsters we have, and I actually wouldn't mind him being converted to a wing player.

http://www.eldeber.com.bo/2010/2010-01-28/vernotadeportes.php?id=100128000352

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thats great! This is the route at this point that many of our best youngsters need to do! Go to brasil, which even at the lower levels is still better and gets spotted better then in our first divison.

It worked for M3.

With that said, how the hell does a player as good as Escobar fall frmo grace, from Santo Andre in the first division to the team he is playing in the 4th??? Could they really match the money he was making in the 1st division? Cause that was the issue wasnt it? Money?

14. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    They must have a really nice beach.

15. Boliviasoccerboy91

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
  16. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ok so..turns out Jorge Toco is playing for Parma after all. He signed a while back and Im pretty sure he's playing on loan in switzerland.

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, switzerland is a league that many italian teams use to loan out prospective players to give them playing time, not to mention how close italy and switzerland is.

18. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  19. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    do you guys know which team in switzerland?

20. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where did you hear this...any info to support your statements:D

21. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Yeah man you should know by now you can't tease us without a link. I checked all the usual sites and nada. Link please? Isn't Toco something like 24yrs old anyway.

By the way Saucedo and Pedriel scored for their respective teams in Turkey and Ukraine.
    http://www.eldeber.com.bo/2010/2010-03-01/vernotadeportes.php?id=100228214851
    http://www.eldeber.com.bo/2010/2010-03-01/vernotadeportes.php?id=100228235904

Good read on that new Boca Jrs futbol school I mentioned opened up a couple of months ago in Santa Cruz. Great interview with one of Bocas youth team architects. Really shows the difference in what's done in regards to youth development in teams like Boca as opposed to what's done by any team in Bolivia (which is absolutely nothing) Touches on the massive age cheating we got going on as well.
    http://www.eldeber.com.bo/2010/2010-03-01/vernotadeportes.php?id=100228215101

22. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No dude toco is like 17

23. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I hope so. Not saying he isn't but I believe he was one of the players who was allegedly sent back from Italy for failing the MRI wrist scan. In other words he was not the age he said he was.

It's a well known fact in Bolivian youth futbol circles that there were a handful of age cheats on the Sub17 team. Frankly I wish we would have qualified for the Sub17 world cup so that the age cheating could have been exposed to the world just like happened with Nigeria and Gambia which had to practically take a new squad once the MRI results showed most of their players were much older.

LOL, apparently on our sub17 team we had one player who has two kids and another played under a completely different identity than his own.:eek:

24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    All i find is bolivian stuff about him signing to Param back in june of last year.

http://elnuevodia.com.bo/index.php?cat=154&pla=3&id_articulo=7183

I dont see anything else of him being moved to switzerland, but i mean it has merit in the sense that many italians are sent on loan to get them first team playing time over there. Not to mention how close both are. Its like going from Virginia to Maryland.

25. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    smh...when will we improve!!