Young Bolivians abroad.

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by bolivar10, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That was a great article on boca coming to santa cruz! I hope they develop something, because if they can create a good school, with built in professors, housing for kids, and all the other stuff they mentioned in the article, like having psychiatrists, and really good staff as far as trainers and coaches go, who knows! We can have something serious in the future!

I mean that very well could become the 'bradenton' academy of bolivia, like USA has where the best youth are brought to florida, and made apart of a academy and live, eat, and sleep soccer.

2. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a LOT of good names came from there...i mean A LOT..smh

3. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Toco i believe is on loan to FC Lugano in switzerland.

4. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You do know that landon donovan, freddy adu, demarcus beasley, and countless other US players, (including many new youth hispanic/american hybrids are starting to make big names for themselves Look up a kid named martinez, who is touted as being the next big US thing, getting a trial recently with boca juniors) were all touted as HUGE youth talents when at the U17 WCs and others? Like when Landon Donovan won the best player award in that U17 WC?

I am just saying the drop off point as far as developing those kids to that level is good, bolivia could take notes, because they turn them into world class ATHLETES, its the level of turning them into serious players from great pieces of clay, like they would say if you dropped them in the first division of argentina or brasil those players would turn into something even bigger then what they are now.

5. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    It truly is disgraceful and with the three headed monster in charge of our futbol and the complete disregard to youth development by our league I don't see it getting any better.

Don't hold your breath fuego. This seems to be more of a marketing move than anything else. There wont be any real infrastructure investment by Boca. It's just the first of many "schools" they plan throughout South America. They just want to expand their brand and if they happen to stumble upon a player or two so be it. Either way, this is a business move more than a sporting one.

Link? Where did you get this? article, tv, personal source, etc?

6. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sad thing is it took the US years to finally be recognized..as a matter of fact they still are undermined but watch out for them 2014..im telling you...but US has money and bolivia doesnt..watch the 'process' take longer..unfortunately

7. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I actually am getting this info directly from him. Via email. So Mr nilo, that would qualify as a personal source.

8. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good enough for me.

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    God man! Step your soccer knowledge up SON!

Its acutally pretty interesting, USA had the potential to be on point with England since the start of the game, given the ties to england and the US. USA had soccer leagues in the early 1900s, and even in the first WC USA had the first guy to ever score a hat trick, and really could have been the first modern day soccer superstar! Bert Paternaude. He was the first guy to ever score a hat trick in a world cup.

USA came very close to winning the first WC, killing in their group stage, but took the game to easy on argentina and got smashed lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bert_Patenaude

But because of the influx of immigrants, and many coming to the new country playing soccer, they decided to put a halt to all things soccer, and to develop their own games, like baseball, basketball, and american football.

They decided to give more attention to those 'american' sports compared to soccer which was considered a foreign sport.

Did you know the Yankees had a soccer team back in the day?

Anyways, soccer was given the shaft until the 70s when kids and the whole soccer mom thing came about to keep their kids busy, they threw them into soccer. That led the generation that made the 1990 WC team, that went on to make history to making it to the WC for the first time since 1950.

That is when people consider the beginning of US soccer overall. 1990 is the date, remember it. It was only 20 years ago!

Since then look at the growth that has occured int he US, and it is still nothing in the eyes of the other sports!

If the MLS can develop to at least be on level with the NHL money wise, they can be like mexico and produce good players, keep a good amount of good players in house, and attract good talent that isnt quite ready yet for europe but will come for the money.

I am hoping for bolivia to show quick growth like this if we can work things out with making academies, cause we know the talent is there, but we need better cultivators.

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nice dude! Tell him we wish him the best, and that FC lugano was really close to getting their hands on Ricardo Pedriel! Ask him too if they have any interest in any other players? Or if he knows of any other under the media radar moves coming up??

11. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Yank forum --------------->
    (no offense guys but can we keep the US futbol/Bradenton discussion in it's appropriate place)

Thanks sergtp. If we need anything it's a solid defense, hopefully he succeeds.

Ask him what's up with all those age cheaters on our team and if he knows what the deal is with Gilbert and Justiniano still without teams(that we know of)

We need these guys in good euro leagues, one down two to go
    [​IMG]

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Stop being a vag' just wanted to educate you bastards about the NT some of you hate on! :p

But yea! We need to find teams STAT for these young kids!

I really wish Galindo would have come to bolivar, and they would have caught on a WHILE ago, because he is EXACTLY the type of player they need right now, and are suffering without.

Oh well, lets hope these other kids find their way to europe also.

13. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Idk if they got teams yet...all I know is that Galindo needs a new hair cut :D

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Maybe he should go for the Ronaldo Faux Hawk lol. Get that little Colita' thing he has at the bottom of his neck. haha. I'm sure he'd fit right in, in england. Mad Brit's ahve been rocking that look for years thanks to ronaldo.

15. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    What happend to Andres Rivero? Is he still with Boca? I tried doing a google search, and it only takes me back to articles in 2009. I don't see him in the Boca site either.

17. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://www.acmilan.com/infoPage.aspx?id=50832
    Alex Pontons still with Milan's U-18 domestic team. he is one of only three foreigners on the team. Also of note, there is a young Boateng from ghana playing with him, I wonder if he's realted to Prince Boateng.

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Does he have italian citizenship? How long has he been there? Anyone know?

Cause if he has italian citizenship it will be ALOT easier for him to catch on in italy.

If not he basically will be screwed, unless this guy is as good as a young import with potential they could bring in outside of europe.

19. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hes been there for a while...since 14 yrs olf age..and hes still 15 according to his birthdate and on sub18!..pretty good